Dark Angels original colours

Johanhgg

I've always thought that DA could look quite good in their black armour, with green used as the lighter tint for highlights and accents. Like their armour is effectively really, really dark green, just barely not fully black. It could blend both aesthetics and if done right still look undeniably like the 1st.

Personally if I’m playing a known and well defined army I like to paint them accurately with the fluff. So 30K DA all black 40k bone black and green wings as appropriate.

If you want to use the old scheme on a 40k army then there are successor chapters you could choose. (And there are some fine examples in this forum).

That said it’s your army not mine paint them however you want.

I wouldn’t find it strange, nor deny playing your black DA. From a mechanics point of view, as long as you’re sticking with WYSIWYG, then it really doesn’t matter what colour you paint your models. As long as everything is what it should be, then you’re good to go. Plus, they’re your models, so paint them however you like.

However, that being said, I do agree with JJD. To me, DA are iconic, and so when I think of them as a chapter, it’s green, bone and black. If you really want to do black, why not go successor? Angel of Vengeance are about as close as you can get to original legion colours. And then there are the Consecrators. Now that we have easy access to mk3 and mk4 PA, and different TDA types, Consecrators are easier than ever to build up! Or there’s always a DIY chapter. It sounds like you want to flex your creativity, those ways are all options.

Thanks guys for your input! Ive decided to stick with green black and Bone for the wings. Its really stupid to repaint my Greenwing to black :D and since im raven wing-Heavy i get my black models still.

But i do think im going to do a successor chapter as well out of pure entertainment.

Archived