“I walked. With. Him in those. Days. I knew his. Face. Since I. was a. child. They had taken. Me from the. Achaemenid Empire. Some. Nameless warlord’s. son. I was. Not named yet.  He named me. My primary name. Himself. Bahamyt. Dragon. Whale. Fish. I was his. Fury. Assault of the Tempest Galleries. Battle of Gaduare. Caucasus Wastes. Battle of Maulland Sen. The Sol Wars. The Hyperion Gates. I fell much. Later. And became Bahamyt. The Undying Guardian. The Dragon’s Teeth. I have slept. Why wake me. Now. Warder? Have the. Vaults. Been breached? Has the legacy. Of  Rython. Escaped?” 

“Yes.”

bahamyt_by_warderakechete-dcf81vs.jpg

Telemon-pattern Dreadnought chassis “Bahamyt

Pict-capture Imperium Nihullus

047.M42

Hello all! I've been a longtime lurker but figured I should start my own blog on here to keep myself honest. This is the beginning of my Warders of the Vaults of Rython project blog with the end goal of having a tabletop quality army of Adeptus Custodes at the end if it ever ends. The general idea is that the Vaults of Rython were breached with the opening of the Great Rift and the Warders have been sent out to hunt down anything and everything that escaped. I also want to use them to explore the grimmer grim-darkness of the Imperium Nihilus. I can't say I'm the most experienced painter so a lot of these things will still be works in progress (those fiddly gemstones still escape me. Painting them is a chore). So anyway I hope this piques your interest. There is plenty more coming.

Great to have you aboard, and a great start. We’re all still learning here, and learning from each other.... it’s part of what makes this hobby great.

Looking forward to your updates. :tu:

Sorry I've been quiet for so long but here is an update! I'm still crafting each individual Custodes background. Trying to make them all fully realized characters. Doesn't really help that there's 54 of them. But enough excuses.

“I was stationed at Garidula with the 105th, peace-keeping mostly. After the Great Rift had opened, lots of folks were on edge. The platoon commander, man by the name of Tabidze, had told me then that the nearby Karidias system had gone dark. We didn’t know it then but the Astronomicon had gone out. We was stranded on the wrong side of the gate, see? Anywho, most of that was classified and we didn’t know it. We were mostly dealing with riots for a couple months, folk getting tired of rationing and felt like they wasn’t getting a fair shake. Had to put a couple of the poor bastards down, show em what’s for. Bout a couple months or so of that and Tabidze come to me and says they think they got a cult problem down in the Raggyjoi Jungles. That’s bad news. Ain’t nobody gets to go home from those. But he tells me we’re shipping out that night in an hour or so, get my men in order. So I do. Wake em up and they weren’t none too happy for it but I says to them, ‘We gotta job and this is it. So shut up and get it done.’ We wasn’t the only squad either, they musta mobilized half the 105th for it. We were going in on Valkyrie. Jungle is bad fighting. Said my prayers to the Emperor as we flew in I did.

“We landed in a clearing the Mechanicus had made for mining, big flat open area. We got hit quick. They musta been stealin armaments from a local Arbites or something cause they had all kinds of flak weaponry and sluggers and we had barely got off our Valkyrie for Sutton got hit. Emptied his brain pan. Good kid, local too. Damn shame that was. But we hit em back, set up a firing line. Probably dropped about a third of them before… well I still don’t quite know how to say this. You probably won’t believe it.

“There was something with them. Something that was making them fight us. It had like a psychic grip or a witch-hold on them. We thought they was some cult kidnapping villagers but the missing villagers, they was the cult. And this thing was makin them to fight us. See the bodies would get back up if you didn’t kill them thorough like. Dismember them. Corpses of men, of friends, crawling or walking at ya, shooting at you. Like them bugs but worse. Not like the corruption they talk about in the Primer either, no sir. Sutton got back up ya see and gutted another soldier on his bayonet before I had the whole squad burn him down. And he kept coming til he had near been shot to pieces. The thing itself was like a ghost almost or like a shadow of grit hanging in the air. I don’t know how to describe it. It would kill men who got too close. Tear them apart sometimes. Other times it would just turn them around, send them at us. I thought we were done for but then things get even stranger.

“Suddenly one of the gates, you know them alien ones made of bones that hurt your eyes to look at? You’ve seen the pics the way they pour pointy-ears out of air. Well one of them materialized and I thought for sure we was done then. Saw one of our boys shoot the commissar that were attached and I still can’t tell if he was that things puppet or not. But the gate didn’t pour out no pointies. What came out of it was, well. Giants. Weren’t no space marines, I’d have known them. Fought with em before on Ghurlakan. No, these were giant’s in black and gold, all sorts of aquila’s on they armor. And they brought the Emperor’s own wrath with em. Tore through the bodies of my comrades and the cultists like paper. Bolt shells pop men like balloons and that thing couldn’t bring enough of the dead back to keep fighting.

“Pretty soon it was just a handful of survivors, myself included, and these Giants. No more than a dozen of them. They left before anybody could say anything to em, back through that gate. Gate vanished too. Don’t know where that ghost went but I think it were gone as soon as it realized what it was up against. We called in for back up and I found Tabidze in the shell of a wrecked lander. Thought he was dead but he weren’t. Scared the hell out of me when he grabbed me. He kept saying ‘Raython lives’ or something like that. Poor fella was broke in the head. After that I was transferred and never told the truth of what happened. Knew better than to ask. But I seen some pics that I got off some shuntjack a few years back. Pics of Terra. And I know it don’t make no sense but one of them Giants was in those pics, ‘cept wearing the Emperor’s gold. Whoever they was, I still thank the Emperor they showed up. I think they was hunting that thing. Trying to kill it. Don’t know how they got themselves those gates but I am sure thankful they did.”

—Testimony of Sergeant Yusef Kaur, 201st Ravillian.

ahzaug_by_warderakechete-dcf81ha.jpg

Pict-capture of Custodian Warder Ahzaug

Taken via pic-recorder form Valkyrie of 105st Ravillian

Imperium Nihullus

042.M42

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry folks, real life has been busy and has kept me from posting but not painting. So I'm going to post basically a bunch of pictures (mediocre Galaxy camera be damned)

vyzther_by_warderakechete-dcjan8s.jpg

ysaritu_by_warderakechete-dcjanae.jpg

tekhaca_by_warderakechete-dcjan62.jpg

parzimedes_by_warderakechete-dcjan32.jpg

parthunax_by_warderakechete-dcjamyx.jpg

naimon_by_warderakechete-dcjamv0.jpg

jushurr_by_warderakechete-dcjamp2.jpg

juorr_by_warderakechete-dcjamlz.jpg

ilthos_by_warderakechete-dcjamhk.jpg

antiphates_by_warderakechete-dcjame5.jpg

These guys are converted using stormcast eternal legs. I now realize that their legs look a bit thin so I'll probably add some of the leftover greave-plates from the Allarus terminator sets I have.

akechete_by_warderakechete-dcjamav.jpg

Anyway, I hope to get back to writing more headcanon for the force in a little bit but I hope this is some good progress (we haven't really gotten to the Warder's commanders yet).

Archived