Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Death Guard List 13CP (2x Bat) Feedback please.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Stormwolf744

Stormwolf744

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

For a little bit of background. I just started getting into the hobby again after a couple years away. I missed about 95% of 7th edition and started looking at gaming with friends again recently. I'm not a tournament level player, but I still want something that'll at least give a good show.

Primarily a slogging list, grab what you can and hold onto it is the plan. Maybe it's me, I just don't like how rhinos look now, being 2x as expensive as they were. Does the durability justify all that for them? This is what I have as an idea now at least.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [63 PL, 1067pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gifts of Decay (1 Relic)

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 95pts]: 6. Arch-Contaminator, Balesword, Combi-plasma, Plaguebringer, Warlord

Sorcerer [6 PL, 105pts]: 2. Gift of Contagion, 4. Blades of Putrefaction, Force stave, Plasma pistol

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [7 PL, 109pts]
. Plague Champion
. . Codex: Boltgun, Plague knife
. 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: Mace of Contagion and bubotic axe

. Plague Champion

. Plague Champion

. Plague Champion

+ Elites +

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

Tallyman [4 PL, 62pts]: Plasma pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 146pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 146pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [54 PL, 932pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 6. Curse of the Leper, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 72pts]: 12x Poxwalker

+ Fast Attack +

Myphitic Blight-haulers [21 PL, 426pts]
. Myphitic Blight-hauler: Bile spurt, Missile launcher, Multi-melta

++ Total: [117 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Any thoughts/comments are welcome. Room for improvement, or different ideas. Thanks in advance!

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Plague marines should take "shooty" special weapons(e.g. Plasmagun, Blightlauncher). They won't go into melee fight soon, and once they fight, a 5-men unit(or already lost 2-3 men in shooting phase) are not awesome.

You can drop the Tallyman for the same reason. Take a Dark Apostle and 9 Zerkers in a Rhino would be effective, because that is a very active strategy, hurrying to fight. Once contact with enemies, Dark Apostle could easily earn his cost back, for providing rerolls to 40-50 swings, per unit per turn. DG cannot copy that.

Thus save the points for upgrading your characters. Necrosius is far more better than a anoymous Sorcerer/Plaguecaster, for only 120pts. Typhus is solid and increase the efficiency of your 3 poxwalker units. After the patch version 1.3, taking poxwalkers alone(without Typhus) is not cost effective for 6pts each.

Such adjustment could improve your list, without significantly change the constitution of your army. I won't say "drop all your Plague marines, they are not competitive in 8th", maybe that is true, but not the suggestion you need.

Edited by Tokugawa, 24 June 2018 - 01:41 AM.

• Stormwolf744 likes this

Stormwolf744

Stormwolf744

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll consider this and re-tackle the idea. I would like to keep it semi-fluffy and pure DG where I can. I'll draft up something using both Typhus and Necrosius, simply because if I wanna run that many poxwalkers I may as well use something that buffs 70% of the models I am using. I'll do some more tinkering and fuss around until I find something I may like more. Thanks, again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users