Your most expensive 40k year?

warburni

I used to joke that it was called "40K" because that's how much you'd spend on the hobby in your life... then I realized, I've been playing 40k stuff for 30 years now.  That's only about $1300 a year - a little more than $100 a month.  On average, I'm sure I've spent that much.  Some months less, some months a lot more - when new games or armies or books drop.

Now, I have to say that the "40,000" stands for the number of years it will take me to actually finish all my stuff. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what I've spent exactly but can easily say that this is probably my most expensive year. I've brought quite afew Space Marine boxes of various squads and I treated myself to STYC: Space Wolves last weekend.

Thats it now, I got plenty to keep me busy, so no more until I get them done (I keep telling myself this. I still end with just 1 more).

Last year, spent around 375€, sold lots of fantasy too

Feeling les guilty for having spent just 200 so far this year, let's try to hold like this until 2019 (who I'm kidding?)

Next year. I've been putting away at least 50$ per paycheck since adepticon and am now at 1500$ saved and have no plans on stopping. Add on to that roughly half of my tax return and my own impulse buyer tendencies and I'll be spending between 4-5k on JUST new SoB on JUST release day.

Next year. I've been putting away at least 50$ per paycheck since adepticon and am now at 1500$ saved and have no plans on stopping. Add on to that roughly half of my tax return and my own impulse buyer tendencies and I'll be spending between 4-5k on JUST new SoB on JUST release day.

"6 of everything please, including the characters and double the troops.. Oh and a regular codex as well as the limited, wouldn't want any creases during gameplay"

This year is a contender I think. Between buying my Dev squad, converting 10 Reivers into sniper scouts, buying a Sisters army from Anvil, buying Kill Team and grabbing far too much just for the bitz box so I can bling my Deathwatch Kill Team out when I grab it, I've definitely overspent.

Plus, I want Rogue Trader as well...

Archived