So about a month ago I decided I wanted a Guard Battery

The Solar Aux Basilisks are very easy to put together, Your only building the side tracks in plastic, everything else is two big blocks of resin and a few extras for the exhaust and air filter. 

The magnetization is pretty nice too since the top hull is a solid block of resin so you drill a hole at the angle you want the gun and you drill a hole into the back of the gun itself.  The kit is so different from most things and it matches the solar aux Russ tanks I use for my executioners that I had to.  Plus forgeworld gives you a tiny discount if you buy the bundle with three. Medusa's ain't that great right now, but maybe they will be in the future, plus without the gun on it you could probably proxy it as a salamander or an atlas.  Come to think of it, I may get some like tow truck bits and magnetize them to the front of the thing. 

tumblr_pbsk7sxW1Y1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Project 75th Iotan Wolves 7/12/2018 Update
Riflemen 10/20
Tempestors 4/4
Plasma Guns 6/9
Melta Guns 3 /8
Standard 1/1
Vox 1/1
Medic 1/1
Commissar 1/1
Prime 1/1
Truck 0/2

And here is the Armor I finished before I decided that I needed all of the Scions Built.

tumblr_pbovde4Fvx1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pbovde4Fvx1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pbovde4Fvx1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pbovde4Fvx1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

That's a lot of Scions! Can we have a close up of a couple of the kit bashed female head models?

Baneblade is looking handsome, lining up all that armour when it's painted is going to be an awesome spectacle :D

tumblr_pbuf409oHX1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Project 75th Iotan Wolves 7/13/2018 Update

Riflemen 10/20
Tempestors 4/4
Plasma Guns 9/9
Melta Guns 8 /8
Standard 1/1
Vox 1/1
Medic 1/1
Commissar 1/1
Prime 1/1
Truck 0/2

Here are three of the alpha wolves  The Tempestor Prime is painted  but the other two will be getting a new pass of paint when their models get painted 

tumblr_pbuf409oHX1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

Olga Ironside  and Lucratia " Lu" Castellano   ( Lulu if you wanna find yourself thrown out of the valkyrie instead of having a chance to jump ) 

Will probably try to carefully raise the skintone of Olga later on  in the projects lifetime 

tumblr_pc3ktkio9b1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc3ktkio9b1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc3ktkio9b1tdqdkto3_1280.jpgtumblr_pc3ktkio9b1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

I  found her on Ebay by searching Female Commissar 

Its up on Wargame Exclusive.  The package said Grimskull.  

She comes with an ork power claw so if you want a lady Yarrick she can be that.  She also comes with Plasma pistol, bolt pistol, and storm bolter 

The only issue I have in regards to the model is that I feel like shes ever so slightly too small. 

I ever actually get my Warhawks and Knights painted this is exactly where I want to go for a Guard army. Kasrkins with plasma galore and tanks tanks tanks. This is a great army. Love the color scheme and while I don’t like Commisars that petite girl with the powerfist ... oh hell yeah. ;)

Archived