Testbed Knight Color Scheme

Bonzi

Thought I would post pictures of an armiger I'm using as a testbed for my Imperial Knights color scheme. Basic inspiration is American muscle cars, matte black on the outside with a racing stripe but when you pop the hood the engine compartment is all dayglo industrial orange and shinny chrome. Not fluffy I know, but that's where the idea came from.

The armor plates and house insignia is still being decided, but the undercarriage is finished except for some touch-up work.

Let me know what you think.

gallery_55178_14713_224156.jpg

gallery_55178_14713_12861.jpg

gallery_55178_14713_36539.jpg

interesting idea. 

Looks cool. 

http://www.jimjimsamericanmusclecars.com/s/cc_images/teaserbox_894466497.JPG?t=1454052537

I  absolutely respect where you are coming from with this. 

If I had any criticism It would be that I think the orange is too much like in the above picture the engine bay is actually also matte but the engine block has been painted orange, It's striking and dominates what you see under the hood but it's not the entire under hood experience. , I think there should be more chrome and a little less orange but like I said, It looks good and it's a cool idea. 

I like it. I would maybe get some actual chrome effect (Molotow liquid chrome marker maybe?) and really do it up. I really like how it's the opposite of most armigers I see (mine included) where the body is the color focus and the legs are mostly just metals. It really gives the model almost a different profile.

It's very different to the usual images you see of knights, but don't let that or anyone else dissuade you. The scheme has clearly been applied very tightly and looks pretty damn smart. I would say crack on do more !

gallery_55178_14713_178482.jpg

gallery_55178_14713_253601.jpg

Baby steps. Inevitably when pursuing a color scheme I end up taking a step I'm not sold on. Im undecided on the asymetric racing stripes. I'm also wondering if I leave the armor detail matte black like a modern muscle car color scheme or if I trick the details out in a classic chrome look.

I really appreciate all the responses and positive feedback.

I'm hoping to see some chrome on some the trim, I think that will look amazing against the flat black. I'm not sure about the stripe either... But I can't say I don't like it. Maybe tighten up the edges a bit and give the green a high gloss coat, and it'll pop nicely.

Just my opinion, looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Now that’s a pimped out Knight my man. The off set stripping is an excellent look. Thumbs up. A “touch” of chrome is really going to solidify the muscle car look.

I think this works well on the Armigers but can see it flipping badly on the big boys. They dont have that slim svelte look that cries out speed. imo.

Archived