Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Introducing Conversion World...

Conversion World Bits Bitz

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

OnboardG1

OnboardG1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 509 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords
Those hands are smashing guys. I’ll definitely be ordering a few and some chain blades when I get round to my next batch of berzerkers. Plus I can see them being very useful for certain weapons from FW. Are you considering doing some human scale ones?

Ave Dominus Nox.

Call_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01b.jpg

Conversion World

Conversion World

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

@Onboard61

Thanks, glad you like them.

Yes, I will do hands (and arms) as well for other factions then "armoured heavy and super heavy" infantrie, such as guardsmen and even xenos at some point.

It will be tricky though, cause with guardsmen for example the sizes of their arms and hands are much less "uniform" than with armoured infantrie... (I will have to see how I approach this. Most likely with different versions...)

• Juggernut likes this
Bolter And Chainsword signatur

www.conversionworld.de  - Fine quality tabletopbitz and models

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Hi. Any plans for dreadnought arms?

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Hah, if you'd do a Redemptor Dreadnought arm with a Force Halberd I'd buy it instantly from you. Would save me a lot of work converting a regular Redemptor to a Librarian Dread. :D

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
Niw, when FW arms are out for normal dreads, i thinking is huge niche. And no one do This from 3rd party bits companies

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

High Marshal Bohemond

High Marshal Bohemond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
  • Faction: The Sunbreakers

Just ordered about 30 of the heads and 5 swords with the bolter built in for my Black Templar successor the Argent Saints. Cannot wait to start the build.

If Blood is the price of our victory.........then our enemies shall pay the toll! Veteran Sargent Nikolai Sokolov (during the defense of Cadia.)

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,490 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Here’s my second review of Conversion World - they really know what they’re doing !

https://greenblowfly...-and-death.html
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Conversion World

Conversion World

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Hey guys,

I know it´s been way to long since my last product-new-release, but now I have finally something new to show. Here´s our now available "Planet Eaters Masterly Chainaxe". I hope you like it... It´s available as a single piece as well as in a value pack of 10.

1010313komp.png

• Black Blow Fly, Arkhanist, Brother Lemartes and 1 other like this

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts
Any chance for iron hands inscribed shields or weapons?

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts

I have bought Items before from conversion world, they do good work, clean casts, with minimal prepwork required

Example of a Halberd they make on a heresy era dark angel...

6wuaaTG.jpg

• Firepower, Arkhanist, Son of Carnelian and 3 others like this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,716 posts

I've been meaning to pick some hands up for a while; are they easy to work with?

mkbKIlr.png

Conversion World

Conversion World

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

@DutyBeforeAll

Yes, I will surely do some more stuff that will match the Iron Hands in the future and adding some engravements such as "Ferrum" or so will be an easy thing to do.

@Laughingman

Thanks for sharing that pic and for giving your opinion on our bits. Happy to hear you like them.

@Isinfier

Well, I would say "yes they are", but maybe it´s more meaningful if somebody else confirms this too...biggrin.png 

Maybe also scroll through my Instagram account, for there I did - amongst other things - repost some pics of customer-minis using those hands.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,349 posts
Could you see yourself doing some work for templars?

Those halberds look outstandig, could definitely See myself using them

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,164 posts

Could you see yourself doing some work for templars?

Those halberds look outstandig, could definitely See myself using them

Cross-shaped sword guards would be awesome :D

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Conversion World

Conversion World

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

@ Marshal Vespasian and Elzender

Of course their will also be Knight/Templar Knight themed stuff. For example shield with a templar cross and swords. msn-wink.gif

• Black Blow Fly and Elzender like this

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,113 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Really nice chainblades here. The longsword is a good idea, and I'm a fan of the 2-handed chainaxe. Do you have any plans to make more chaos-friendly designs in the future?

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts

None of the following is criticism of Conversion world they do good work, it just things you need to note before you start cutting...

two handed swords, they are long.... and the grip is too large for traditional hand conversions... Not really a problem if you plan, and use the conversion world hands, but the hands were not designed for MKIII/MKIV wrist guards in mind, which can lead to complications...

OB6mBcM.jpg

• SickSix and Fenbain like this

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,113 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

That blade looks taller than the wielder in that picture? I like it.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts
Since you’re already doing hands, any chance for a bionic kit? A bionic hand in the style of your other ones would be great. The problem I’ve found with other third party bionic sets is that they don’t match up with GW style.

Not saying I’d want a complete copy, but I’d want it not to look out of place. A chest piece like the official ones but with chapter symbols imstyof the Aquila or winged skull would be awesome, maybe a set chapter customized.

Like cables and mech details for iron hands, scales for salamanders, ect.

But while full arms and legs would be nice, I’d really love a left hand bionic set. Other companies bionic hands tend to be to skeletal for my tastes. I’d like them to look just like the ones that you already have, except for the back of the hand to be mechanical.

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,151 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

None of the following is criticism of Conversion world they do good work, it just things you need to note before you start cutting...

two handed swords, they are long.... and the grip is too large for traditional hand conversions... Not really a problem if you plan, and use the conversion world hands, but the hands were not designed for MKIII/MKIV wrist guards in mind, which can lead to complications...

So .... they would be perfect for a Primaris model?

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.png gallery_48988_10069_135.png gallery_48988_15465_8206.png gallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9e
Raven Guard : 6 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,569 posts

Considering the size on that model they would be a bit too long for primaris too but in 40k weapons are usually oversized :D

Edited by Master Sheol, 19 November 2018 - 05:49 AM.

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 518 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Oooh. Any katanas and future head options? 

J25oay8.jpg

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts

Depends... I think they are similar in size to the FW Legion heavy chainblades, Even at Primaris scale it would likely be a chest high weapon...

I would have prefer them to be similar in size to 30K  Swagismund's  "black blade"....

Conversion World

Conversion World

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Thanks for all your questions and comments guys, and sorry for the kind of late replies...

@Urauloth:

Yes definetively. I plan on pretty much doing a lot more of everything in the future, including some more stuff that will match the CSM quite well.

@Hungry Nostraman Lizard:

Yes to both. A Katana is already wip. I plan on 3 versions, one still in the saya (sheath), one with only the sword and one half drawn.

Some more heads and helmets are also wip already and many more are planned. (Roman-style helmets, norse-style helmets ...)

@DutyBeforeAll

I will see what I can do about that very specific request for bionics. msn-wink.gif

As for themed legs, torsos etc. that´s something I very well plan on doing as well. Along with backpacks. I will do some generic stuff at first, but will later one dive hard into specifically themed stuff.

@Laughingman

Thanks for sharing that pic and your opinion and preferrences about the size of my 2-handed swords.

I am sorry that you personally feel like they are too long, but I guess it really comes down to personal taste with questions such as this.

If you would ask me, I - obviously msn-wink.gif  - would say they are just right for a 2-handed sword that should be compatible to the GW range of miniatures, in which, as we all now, weapons traditionally tend be be oversized...

I did take a quick picture (please excuse the poor picture quality) though, to show one of mine 2-handed swords in direct comparison to some GW swords. I did try to allign them so, that the ends of the grips of the swords, where the grips meat the crossguards, are on line with each other. All of these swords, exept for the BA sword on the far right, GW is selling as 1-handed swords...

Sword comparison shot
Album: Untitled Album
1 images
0 comments

Conversion World

Conversion World

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Oh and on a different topic, here are two new products... msn-wink.gif I hope you like them.

1010108.png

1010119newkomp.png

Edited by Conversion World, 20 November 2018 - 11:39 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Arkhanist and Panzer like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conversion World, Bits, Bitz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users