Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2nd Rendition of DG/AL/TS List

- - - - - Mortarion army list Death Guard Legion Thousand Sons Legion Alpha Legion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zoinkscalibur

Zoinkscalibur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
Alright. Here we go, my second rendition of an attempt at a VERY mixed army list. Keep in mind, this is not is full list and I will not be using all of it, (refer to bottom.) I have two previous topics (which are very happily flooded by now,) and I am using the absolute treasure trove of information that has been given to me. I will utilize the strengths available to the CSM faction(s), and a “little” bit of coolness to factor into my descisions. So, without further ado (and without upgrades in any form,) here is my hopefully better list. Thanks!

(THOUSAND SONS DETACHMENT)

HQ

Ahriman on disc (yes that’s an upgrade I’m sorry.)

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

ElLITES

Scarab Occult Terminators x5 (what should I equip with?)

TROOPS

Rubric marines x10 (all/most w/ warpflamers.)

(DEATH GUARD DETACHMENT.)

HQ

Mortarion the Big One

Typhus

ELITES

Blightlord Terminators (Replace w/ Deathshroud for Mortarion?)

TROOPS

Plague Marines x10 w/ blight launchers and Plasma

Plague Marines x5 also blight launchers and plasma

Poxwalkers x20 (I know I’ll need more, what should I replace?)

SUPER HEAVY STUFF

Plagueburst Crawler

2 bloatdrones

(?) Plaguereaper

(ALPHA LEGION.)

HQ

Alpharius the Alpharius (Too many points/HQ’s?)

ELITES

Alpha legion Terminators for whatever I’m lacking in

TROOPS

Alpha Legion Chaos Cultists x30+

Alpha Legion Scouts

SUPER HEAVY (?)

Dreadnought also with whatever I’m lacking

Maybe some/a Rhino(s) if need be.

So there it is. Loads of points (around 3500.) so it’s obviously not a list I’d just bring up and use all of. Please be extremely critical, and whittle down my list into the good parts, then around 2000 points. It’s not a full list because it’s extremely large and my wallet would hate me if I sought out all of these minis, so what’s good, what’s bad, and most importantly, what to take out.

Thanks loads and loads
—Zoinkscalibur

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 502 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
What is "Alpharius"? 40K haven't release any rules of him.

Zoinkscalibur

Zoinkscalibur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

What is "Alpharius"? 40K haven't release any rules of him.

Alpharius is a Forge World model that came out a while back, brand new. He’s the Primarch for Alpha Legion. Not sure where his rules are, but my mate was pretty hyped for his release.

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
The forgeworld alpharius models does not have 40K rules, he is a 30K model only.
Also, traitor legion in 40k does not have scouts, so no alpha legion scouts either.

Zoinkscalibur

Zoinkscalibur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

The forgeworld alpharius models does not have 40K rules, he is a 30K model only.
Also, traitor legion in 40k does not have scouts, so no alpha legion scouts either.

That’s exactly what type of info I was looking for—thanks! Otherwise, how does the list shape up? Awful? What would you cut and what would you add? I don’t need a maximum quality list, but I just want to have fun and not get hammered. With the coolest models, there’s no way it will be competitive, but I want at least some tooth to it.
Thanks man, you’ve been beyond helpful.
—Zoinkscalibur

Edited by Zoinkscalibur, 29 June 2018 - 02:45 AM.

Kite Senet

Kite Senet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

My two cents as a Thousand Sons player:

• I'm not a huge fan of Scarab Occult Terminators, but they could be okay I guess. I hear the Heavy Warpflamer (which I equipped my SOTs with) is horribly overpriced though.
  • A ten-man squad of Rubric Marines mostly with Warpflamers seems silly. The Warpflamers are horribly overpriced in my opinion. My two ten-man squads have three and four respectively, and even that seems like serious overkill generally; 100% warpflamers seems terribly vulnerable at range to me. If you're trying to make the squad more durable, bolter Rubrics would provide extra wounds for cheaper, and give your squad a bit more punch when it finds itself outside of the narrow confines of flamer range. Otherwise, a five-man squad (or two of them, allowing you to divide the firepower) seems less overkill to me.

Edited by Kite Senet, 09 July 2018 - 06:40 PM.

• Zoinkscalibur likes this

Zoinkscalibur

Zoinkscalibur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

My two cents as a Thousand Sons player:

• I'm not a huge fan of Scarab Occult Terminators, but they could be okay I guess. I hear the Heavy Warpflamer (which I equipped my SOTs with) is horribly overpriced though.
  • A ten-man squad of Rubric Marines mostly with Warpflamers seems silly. The Warpflamers are horribly overpriced in my opinion. My two ten-man squads have three and four respectively, and even that seems like serious overkill generally; 100% warpflamers seems terribly vulnerable at range to me. If you're trying to make the squad more durable, bolter Rubrics would provide extra wounds for cheaper, and give your squad a bit more punch when it finds itself outside of the narrow confines of flamer range. Otherwise, a five-man squad (or two of them, allowing you to divide the firepower) seems less overkill to me.

Thanks mate! I’ve been gathering supplies and painting up my Black Templars, and I’m ready to get back into the Chaos game! Anyway, that’s beside the point. I was thinking of starting out with some Thousand Sons, the models are fantastic.
A mate of mine who plays Thousand Sons told me the same thing. He hardly runs SOTs in our smaller lists, and advised me to use warpflamers in moderation.. unfortunately I didn’t do that too well. It was probably fueled by the fact I had quite a few warpflamers from some bits he lended me, I was working with what I had available to me. I was putting the coolest looking models in and, understandably, that’s not a competitive way to go at all.
Your input seriously helps a ton, I can’t thank you enough for helping a complete new-one like me out!
—Zoinkscalibur

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mortarion, army list, Death Guard Legion, Thousand Sons Legion, Alpha Legion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users