Anyone still using genestealers/ hopes for new codex

Hi,

Is anyone still using GSC's?

I have a bit and with the CA stratagems they seem quite a bit better than they get credit for, im basically using 3 primus and 3 big blogs to reliably get a hoarde in every turn.

Makes me quite excited for the codex, because aside from new models, id guess we'll see some point reductions and other benefits (im excited/hopeful for sub faction traits), which could see them being a major power again

Anyone hoping to see anything specific in new codex? Are there any rumours out there?

Just comparing notes, GSC saw an uptick in uptake in our meta after the previous Big FAQ.

I think simply some points reductions (just to bring them in line with other Codices) and something like sub-faction traits like you say will be good enough.  The situation is people take the GSC for mainly the Neophyte Hybrid Troops or Leman Russ tanks, but then they get the actual Genestealers themselves from the Tyranids codex for the Hive Fleet traits (i.e. the Kraken special rule).  Allying with Tyranids is cool, but doing so just for the actual Genestealers to go with a GSC army is counter-intuitive.

So yeah, the GSC is already in good shape.  All the Codex needs to do is just to include simple things like sub-faction traits other Codices already got.

Ooo nice, I like that gunslinger Hybrid. I have been running mine lately, they perform fairly well. Cult Ambush is potent enough for my liking.

I think Aberrants and Hybrids are a bit over costed points wise. A few more psychic powers and some good strats and they should be good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived