Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Smite's black legion army. Update Apr 29th Chainlord

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

SmiteThemAll

SmiteThemAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
  • Faction: Dark angels, Black legion.

The defiler conversion is top notch. Will you be getting the new Abaddon at some point ? He would look good in the clean paint style you have going on here.

Thanks Megavolt!

I Don't think I'll be using Abby unless I can think of a conversion that excites me. Don't get me wrong, I think the model is great but its just not my cup of tea.

I've been having some fun piecing together some possessed these past couple of days, makes a nice change of pace to painting gold trim >_<

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,854 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
I am thinking a conversion of Abaddon to Tartaros plate, he is a mix of that with indomni plate. Sculpting would get him there.
  • SmiteThemAll likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

SmiteThemAll

SmiteThemAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

So I decided that my Berserkers were looking decidedly boring. I wanted to bring a bit more character to the next five I was painting and if they looked good , go back and spruce ups the first five.

First up was the icon of wrath. My first attempt at freehand

( Following this amazing guide https://hullwarhamme...gns-on-banners/)

gallery_79340_14723_7427.jpg

While not a total failure it wasn't really sized well and I hadn't planned it out thoroughly enough

Heres the second attempt.

gallery_79340_14723_101727.jpg

Much happier with this one, while not perfect its definitely an improvement. I look forward to refining the technique when I make another icon bearer for my possessed.

Heres the 5 man Zerker squad completed 

gallery_79340_14723_54003.jpg

gallery_79340_14723_19525.jpg

All the Zerker family together !

gallery_79340_14723_14051.jpg

Also got 3 more bikes done. Glad to see the back of them actually !

gallery_79340_14723_94952.jpg

And the entire biker gang together .

gallery_79340_14723_32802.jpg

Not sure what to get stuck into next painting-wise . I've got a chain lord but I'm not 100% happy with the conversion. The defiler needs base coating and I'm having fun making possessed and a couple more HQ's for some variety. 

I might also build 5 more Bolter CSM just to be able to field a brigade or double battalion.

Also got a new army to start of the pointy eared variety !

Happy hobbying everyone !

• Prot, Hannibal, battle captain corpus and 3 others like this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,552 posts
  • Faction: 1st Legion of the Long War
Hot damn those bikers look awesome in a 10 man squad! I'm totally stealing the banner freehand too for my Chosen banner bearer!

Nice work!

BCC
Capture1

"Until this moment you have been alone. Wandering, seeking, questioning. Until this moment you have not truly known brotherhood.
Take the armour you wear and reforge it now. Scrape clean the colours of isolation & abandonment. Carve off the tokens of a Throne bound cadaver.
Darkness & burnished gold are your symbols now. A star of auric colour adorns your plate.
You knelt as a single man from a past cast in shame & shadow.
Rise now as a brother of the 1st Legion of the Long War."

Final internment passage spoken upon inclusion within the Black Legion, acid etched on inner lining of helms recovered from Thraxx VII.

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts
Those Zerkers look great! And you did a wonderful job with the freehand. I too will have to steal that idea.

What paints did you use on the banner? Those colors are impressive. And is it the same color scheme that you used on your Rhino's red panels and your Chosens' robes?

My Chaos Blog (Night Lords, World Eaters, Renegades & Heretics)    http://www.bolterand...ds-vs-tallarns/

My Imperial Guard Blog (Tallarn 23rd)   http://www.bolterand...larn-23rd-blog/

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

SmiteThemAll

SmiteThemAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

Hot damn those bikers look awesome in a 10 man squad! I'm totally stealing the banner freehand too for my Chosen banner bearer!

Nice work!

BCC

I wish I could take them as a squad of 10 but sadly its 9 max. I've got two different champion load outs. That banner tutorial is so good, I might have to try something similar on the hatch doors of my first rhino.

Those Zerkers look great! And you did a wonderful job with the freehand. I too will have to steal that idea.

What paints did you use on the banner? Those colors are impressive. And is it the same color scheme that you used on your Rhino's red panels and your Chosens' robes?

Thank you ! Yes all the reds are pretty much the same. Gory red mixed with black about 50/50 to get the desired Burgundy colour. Then for highlights just add more gory red until your final highlight is pure gory red. 

• Tallarn Commander likes this

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts
Thanks! I'll try out that paint recipe.

My Chaos Blog (Night Lords, World Eaters, Renegades & Heretics)    http://www.bolterand...ds-vs-tallarns/

My Imperial Guard Blog (Tallarn 23rd)   http://www.bolterand...larn-23rd-blog/

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

SmiteThemAll

SmiteThemAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

Managed to get my chain lord all finished. Can't wait to field him, when ever that may be.

gallery_79340_15455_108910.jpg

Think I'll tackle the defiler next and convert my possessed and 5 CSM when I get stuck or bored.

• Dread, Hannibal, battle captain corpus and 5 others like this

Hannibal

Hannibal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts

Managed to get my chain lord all finished. Can't wait to field him, when ever that may be.

gallery_79340_15455_108910.jpg

Think I'll tackle the defiler next and convert my possessed and 5 CSM when I get stuck or bored.

Where is that combi bolter from?

SmiteThemAll

SmiteThemAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

Where is that combi bolter from?

The Combi Bolter and chain glaive are from Kromlech.

gallery_79340_14020_118837.jpg

The chainglaive handle is a bit flimsy, mine broke off in foam storage so I just made it a short handle.

• Hannibal and battle captain corpus like this

Hannibal

Hannibal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts

The Combi Bolter and chain glaive are from Kromlech.

thanks! I already ordered the bits.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,553 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

Really like where this is going :)

Humble scrivener (alternate Episode IX attempt now in-progress), caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,552 posts
  • Faction: 1st Legion of the Long War
@SmiteThemAll: good to see another fan of Kromlech! I love their shoulder pads too!

Nice work with the chain Lord.

BCC
Capture1

"Until this moment you have been alone. Wandering, seeking, questioning. Until this moment you have not truly known brotherhood.
Take the armour you wear and reforge it now. Scrape clean the colours of isolation & abandonment. Carve off the tokens of a Throne bound cadaver.
Darkness & burnished gold are your symbols now. A star of auric colour adorns your plate.
You knelt as a single man from a past cast in shame & shadow.
Rise now as a brother of the 1st Legion of the Long War."

Final internment passage spoken upon inclusion within the Black Legion, acid etched on inner lining of helms recovered from Thraxx VII.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users