Grey knights chaplain

Brother Antio

Hi guys. So am just getting back into the hobby after a little while (think 5 years!) out.

Have picked up the GK codex, I know they’re not super competitive at the moment but I was always a fan of all 3 ordos and fancy getting a small force of each so starting with GK.

Have 2 questions.

Are GK chaplins in any way useful?

And secondly, does anyone know what the conversion in the book is based on? Have had a look at the models on the store and can’t figure out what was used to make the conversion.

Cheers!

It’s a special edition chaplain. From what I understand you have to participate in events or make purchases at certain GW stores and then once you’ve earned enough “points” they allow you to then purchase the model. (Forget the price though) Or buy it on eBay.

I as well really like this model and think it fits our army perfectly (looks wise) I’ve never played with one but on paper I could see it being alright buffing up a squad of paladins or 10man strikes. His buff requires you to be in melee combat which is easier said than done sometimes. Why not just take Draigo for the better buff? He also allows units around him to use his Ld9. It’ll boost purge soul slightly.

A chaplain’s buff should be reroll failed wounds in the fight phase (others have said this and I agree) then it could be a more viable option I believe.

GK Chaplains, both new and old models, are awesome, but only from a model point of view. I had a Chaplain that I would convert in a TermyMalleus inquisitor, but, since the new rules are not very helpful for termy, and GK haven't "ordo malleus" KW, I used it to make my GK Chaplain. Unfortunately it is completely useless in the field. He only allow to reroll 1s on melee, and for few more points you can have a GM that do everything he can do better. So, again, unfortunately it is another our unit useful only for the shelf. :(

Thanks guys.

Guess will have to see how this ‘getting back into the hobby’ goes ;) could always convert a chaplin up for fun I guess. Shame they’re not that useful. Last time I played GK was back in the old Ordo Malleus codex days. No chaplins back then!

GK Chaplain

Here one I made using the standard GK terminator body with a primaris Reiver head for the skull helm. The Crozius Arcanum is a power maul from a deathwatch kit and a sternguard icon added on top. I prefer to use the standard terminators to make characters like librarians or chaplain because the GL armor is just sleeker than the models out for other chapters.

Archived