Fiends of Slaanesh

Sume

All I got to say is this is one pretty UGLY model.  Well having said that.  What is the best way you guys been running them?  I am taking my Slaanesh demons to a 40k team event at the end of August.  My team decided on one of the sportsmenship awards during list building.  So I can only take one detachment.  So I figured why not use the brigade.  To fill out the elites.  I decided to use 3 fiends.  Well all I got is the choice of them.  Not sure if I should get 3 more and use 3 squads of 2 or just stick with the 3 single squads.  

All right.  I will stick with the three.  Its going to be hard to even want to paint these things for me.  Let alone paint 6.  At least I managed to get them.  The older ones look a little better but after looking through the artwork I see that they are like that in the three demon codex I have also.

All right.  I will stick with the three.  Its going to be hard to even want to paint these things for me.  Let alone paint 6.  At least I managed to get them.  The older ones look a little better but after looking through the artwork I see that they are like that in the three demon codex I have also.

if you hate the way that they look so much, why not just make/use a conversion?

I thought of it.  My converting so far has always been things like a head swap, or a torso swap.  Never actually did much of a kit bash before.  I think if I decide to use more.  I'll look around and try my hand at it.   I did see some converted spider bodies using demonette torsos.  I am not sure I have the skill or at this point the time to do something like that.  So I went and ordered the ones off the GW site.  Actually I think I probably have painted worse things before.  They just took me back when I got them in person.  

I was not trying to make a huge issue over the sculpt.  I just needed to say my piece on it.  

This is a unit I have never actually used before, and I dont really see much people talking about using them.  I am thinking I am just going to stick with the single units for now to fill in the slot for this tournament.  At least this is not a super hyper competitive tournament.  Who knows maybe these things will grow on me and I will have to get more.

Found out about this a few weeks back. Not sure if it's the right sort of dimensions, but it looks like it was tailor made for being a friend conversion and I definitely intend on finding out when I get my next paycheck.

Https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/6452/products/KESHYRII_CENTAUR-HEROINE_F_RESIN.jpg?v=1515800793

I so forgot about the Raging Hormones.  That I think you are right it was tailored made for being a fiend.  Not sure on the dimensions.  I have the Huntress from the 2nd kickstarter backing.  It was going to be a Witch Hunter, but then GW finally made Greyfax.  So I dont know what to do with mine.  The quality is really nice on it.  With the current way GW is going with Slaanesh, or lack of.  I think they dont know what to do with She who thirsts.  

All I got to say is this is one pretty UGLY model. Well having said that. What is the best way you guys been running them? I am taking my Slaanesh demons to a 40k team event at the end of August. My team decided on one of the sportsmenship awards during list building. So I can only take one detachment. So I figured why not use the brigade. To fill out the elites. I decided to use 3 fiends. Well all I got is the choice of them. Not sure if I should get 3 more and use 3 squads of 2 or just stick with the 3 single squads.

Can you feedback how it goes? Interested in how a solely slannesh detachment would perform, seems like itll be a hard go but the speed is interesting

This is one of my converted Fiends, next to a (WIP, obviously) metal Fiend for scale.

2Z3FwL.jpg

Made from Steed and Genestealer parts- the head on this one is one of the Spinemaw Rippers that comes on the Genestealer sprues.

I started to paint mine up.  I also realized I glued the back legs on backwards.  Didnt even realize it tell later.  I was wondering why I needed to fill in some gaps with the liquid green stuff.  Well I think the back legs look more normal to me.  Even if they are supposed to be backwards.  Guess they are growing on me.  Ugly as they are.  I guess not all things can be pretty for She who thirsts.  

Archived