Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - Eagle Warriors

Brotherhood of the Lost

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts

Slight error in the barren moon dying star sentence, there's an erroneous s attached to 'it', or else 'defenses' should be added between 'it' and 'would'.

Also, 'the enemy fleets were [too] dispersed' towards the end.

Edited by Beren, 20 November 2019 - 07:53 PM.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,130 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

To write down some thoughts about Ixi aka Travier

Instead of a ghost father shenanigan, he will suffer from a split personality with Ixi being the first and major character while Socraes Travier being the enforced one, reforged by the Emperor.

He will suffer from time to time regarding flashbacks or such until he faces off against the agents of chaos and the already hinted warp rift encounter.

What exactly happened is unknown so we got much to cover in offscreen tales like stories, etc.

During this encounter, Ixi shows up again, battling a mental fight against Travier or having a trip with him, showing the truth of their shared past (the events around his discovery, etc.)

In doing so, Travier ceased to exist and Ixi is back again.

Those brothers close to him, have a relation with Travier, not with Ixi. This is crucial for certain relations like Gwal and Socraes.

Difference between him and Lorgar - two ideologies

While Lorgar became the chosen prophet of the pantheon due to his belief, Ixi joins their cause for a slightly different reason: restoring the natural order.

The universe was born from chaos, thus establishing a natural order, a balance between the mortal realm and the warp, both being the mirror of each other. Both relying on each other. Mortal life is a reflection of their warp presence/ soul and visa ve.

There were others in the past, mighty species and empires which tried to deny the warp. The Old Ones, the Necrontyr, the Eldar - they all failed. Their realms crumbled while chaos persisted. Thus, Ixi came to the conclusion, the Imperium of Man will fall in time if it does not accept chaos.

So all he's trying to do (in his own twisted mind) is to save mankind by fusing it with chaos/ convincing it to accept the warp and its entities. Here we got a nice opposite to Andezo. One tries to save by embracing and one tries to destroy by annihilate. The one convincing the other becomes his greatest enemy.

This ties to his attempts to improve his sons, etc. Even the Aztec culture, with slight adjustments, suits this cause, as well.

Just some notes I wanted to save before they get lost on discord. :)

• simison likes this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,808 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Top, top not a flop. I like what I read, and where it is going to lead

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,130 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

Thanks. ^^

I'm considering to do something for the next fluff challenge, if Custodes will be the ones:

A pov insight of Aggeris Meridius, a Custodia I once commissioned, being present during the moment Ixi falls to the Emperor or create a Lorgar-ish situation in which a handful of Custodians are tasked to accompany him after he took command of his Legions. The Emperor's observers and -if needed- even more.

Thus, a couple of questions:

Is that particular event already covered? Haven't read the stories including him until now.

Icarion was at the Emperors side when they came to Mexicatii, correct? Any other Primarch being present?

With the reschedule of the timeline in mind, when was Ixi found again?

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts

I believe it's dated at 871. There is a story that refers to the aftermath of an event (I think Blunt wrote it?) which I'll try and dig out for you.

http://www.bolterand...dpost&p=4653770

I think that's the one, though it's only features part way through.

Edited by Beren, 26 November 2019 - 09:40 PM.

• Kelborn likes this

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,606 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Yeah, that's it.

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts

36th Chapter - The Silent Void

Though records prior to the sundering confirm that there was a 36th Chapter within the Eagle Warrior Cadres, records regarding this body of Astartes during the First Inter-Astartes War and the following strife are scant at best. The most significant aspect of this is their recorded absence from the major battles of the war against the rebels and later the turncoat regenticists under the Emperor’s command, an absence that has lead several of my order to conclude that they do not exist, or perhaps were destroyed during one of the era’s earlier wars. However, if one looks around the periphery of this great conflict, not only are there numerous reports that appear to indicate this chapter’s presence, but a pattern begins to emerge.

The battles of Enege, Tosavik, Freyon 4. Skirmishes at Pesik, Ke-Chan and Boras. These were not battles against the rebels, nor the combined Loyalists. Rather they were conflicts that were the result of both the disparate and confused nature of the war as well as the factionalism that at times was inherent to the fallen. These were battles that not only were against the Eagle Warrior’s own allies, but often against those that had travelled furthest down the path that Ixipatian had wished them to tread. The Devourers of Irithion at Enege, the Dreamwalkers at Boras, and a dozen more incidents.

One should not make the error of assuming that this meant the 36th was a single paragon of Loyalty amongst a legion of the Damned. The forces of Michelin Vaisant, as scion of the Astral Griffons who advocated “using the foe’s most potent weapons to our own ends”, and Ahearn Geyaidi - a Crimson Lion later disavowed by his Legion - are both believed to have been brought to destruction by the 36th. Terminator squads, often assumed to be bodyguards of some form, that bore heraldry associated with the pre-war 36th seem to have accompanied Eagle Warrior envoys to allies on at least sixteen separate occasions. Most tellingly, the single instance of the 36th’s presence that can be satisfactorily confirmed was on the walls of the Imperial Palace (referred to as the Temple of Shackled Light by traitor forces at that time) where they were hastily redeployed to the southern walls shortly before they were overwhelmed by the Berserkers of Uran. I have been assured by one of the last remaining survivors of the communications interception cadre - it having suffered somewhere between seventy eight and ninety nine percent casualties over the course of the SIege - that an accompanying transmission roughly translates to “Send the Silent Void to swallow the Sea of Spite”. 

Given later events, it can be surmised that this attempt failed. It is my personal suspicion that, like so many of the original devotees amongst the Thirteenth Legion that outlived the Siege, any survivors of the body were likely cut down by the New Blood of the Legion and offered up as sacrifice for their ‘misguided beliefs’.

I have one final note on this matter. There are many fragments of text held to originate upon Mexicatan -fragments that have since been destroyed or else sealed within various vaults- related to the pre-Imperial religion there which is believed to have spawned this treachery. Perhaps the Dreamwalkers once collected such knowledge, ignorant of their significance, but their records are for the most part unrecoverable, and attempts to locate their archives likely punishable by immediate termination. Nonetheless, there are a few whispered passages that appear to have avoided eradication, one of which I find most pertinent.

“The SIlent Void is both the province of the wretched and unwilling, and yet also the most devout in their loyalty to the Great Pantheon. It is to sacrifice [a phrase which in the Mexicatan tongue is exchangeable with - to have sacrificed] one’s future and one’s glory to ensure the will of the priestly envoy. It is to free those Greater Servants of the Gods who have been wrongfully chained, and to slay those that wrongfully bound them. It is to silence those false tongues who would spread lies through gifts of the Gods stolen, and to end their endeavours. It is to find those Greater Servants that have sought to flee or turn against those beings from which they were born, for even some the Greater Servants possess arrogance and must be brought to heel. It is the rope that binds the Coil of Annihilation together, so its spiral grows and never ceases.”

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts

23rd Chapter-The Harmonious Choir

The Eagle Warriors Chapter known as the Harmonious Choir was typified not in particular by its approach to warfare during the dark days of the civil war, but rather its experimentations in the raisings of disciplined auxilia loyal to the same powers they served.

Always an understrength chapter, the 23rd was well known for the efforts it made to integrate mortal forces into its lines of battle to augment their numbers and strength in the field, becoming well versed in the techniques of joint command over a mortal-astartes force. What is less recorded in the annals of the Great Crusade is the shrouded disdain they often held for many of their so called allies, bemoaning either their lack of devotion to their divine cause or their ragged lack of discipline. After their first battle in the war - a little-recorded skirmish upon Ksak - went awry as their mortal allies were slaughtered and driven apart, the Harmonious Choir began to focus their efforts of an elite mortal force that could live up to its expectations. The ingrained devotions to Dark Powers was an aspect little known to outsiders at the time, but rumours rapidly spread of the exacting requirements the Eagle Warriors pressed in other regards. The 23rd would draw batches of recruits from a wide selection of worlds and cultures in their desire to design n elite auxilia upon which an Imperium of shadow could be built, culling subjects that proved lacking en masse. It is even suspected that at some points they experimented in gene tampering, cybernetic augmentation and ritual psykic imbuement. As could be predicted by any sane mind, the results of such experiments were hardly predictable. Countless iterations of the divine soldier were trialled and discarded, but often proved stern and brutal opposition to their enemies wherever they were deployed.

As the war entered its latest stages, the Harmonious Choir’s long running experiments were abandoned and the Chapter scattered far and wide to draw upon whatever recruits they could to bolster Terra’s defenses, abandoning their former precision in favour of mass induction. Many such raisings would never make the return journey, and most would perish in the cataclysmic conflict at Beta-Garmon. Transport barques would be gutted in the void by xenos mercenaries and entire armies atomised under the furious guns of duelling Titans. When the Loyalist launched their final assault on Terra however, they would find many of the Harmonious Choir’s prior projects manning the walls, fanatical and unwavering before the coming storm. Some of the ‘New Blood’ Eagle Warriors have been recorded to claim that had the Choir turned their gaze inwards and applied the lessons learned in making suitable mortal servants to the Dark Gods upon the Legion itself, the war may have had a more favourable outcome for their kind.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,606 posts
I think the Golgothan exemplary can remain unaltered. Were there meant to be others?

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts

Given that there were more than one Eagle Warrior thread, I think they ended up split between them. One was about them attacking a host of covenant scarab like constructs, the other a battle during the Quarith War.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,606 posts
Oh yes, I remember now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brotherhood of the Lost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users