Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IL XIII - Eagle Warriors

Brotherhood of the Lost

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,308 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

The Emperor's Eagles

• "so [the] he drew"

So, I'm not sure about how they earned the Aquila. The Emperor's Children earned it through sacrificing a solid chunk of their Legion to personally protect the Emperor. Here, it seems that the Eagle Warriors just happened to have a particularly shiny victory. I'm okay with what is here, but can we make it more dramatic?

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,430 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

I'm happy to go with that too. Any ideas for circumstances?

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,308 posts

Not sure I want to go straight to 'save the Emperor' idea, but definitely up the body count. Perhaps 'save Malcador instead'? Start the war off with a political sneak attack and keep everything else the same?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,430 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

Well, I decided to go with "save the Emperor" anyway:

A yet greater feat would come to pass with the Feskine Scouring, where the Eagle Warriors fought alongside the Steel Guard and Morning Stars agains the Khrave. Such a concentration of these monsters has never been seen on one planet before or since, and in the midst of the cataclysmic battle, the Emperor and His guards were sundered from the bulk of the Imperial host and surrounded by the malevolent xenos. Faced with utter disaster Orvedui Verigas, Legion Master of the XIIIth, unhesitatingly led his brothers in a valiant charge which claimed a full sixth of the Legion’s warriors, but broke the enemy lines. 

By the battle’s end, only three quarters of the Eagle Warriors remained on their feet, but the Khrave were eradicated. On that bloody field, the Emperor declared that the XIIIth would henceforth have the right to bear His personal symbol, the Palatine Aquila, upon their standards and their armour. This constituted an enormous honour and one not dispensed lightly, for the Eagle Warriors were the only Legion to be acclaimed in this manner. From that day on, the XIIIth swore to never falter in their duty and to carry the Aquila to the darkest corners of the galaxy in the newly declared Great Crusade.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,308 posts

Fair enough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brotherhood of the Lost