Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flesh Tearers Drop Pods x3

Flesh Tearers Drop Pods Space Marines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Legiocustodes

Legiocustodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists

Finally I have just finished three drop pods that have taken me the best part of two months to complete. These new orbital insertion vehicles will be dropping my Flesh Tearers Space Marines exactly where they need to be.... right in the heart of the enemy force. Whilst it’s taken comparatively ages for me to assemble and paint these models they have actually been in my plastic pile for 14 years!! Agh.

Overall I really haven’t enjoyed these models; they are laborious to paint; a nightmare to assemble and overly fragile; in fact this isn’t least favourite modelling project of recent years! That being said I am happy that they are now complete and I look forward to dropping them right into my mate’s deployment area next time we play.

There’s a little bit more detail on my blog:

https://classicastar...=0#comment-form

qijOCBu.jpg

ueRGSnL.jpg

I2r29oc.jpg

1cMhAhx.jpg

r6DRalV.jpg

b41LdDk.jpg

Mm8AUc9.jpg

lbpWWjX.jpg

2c9InkE.jpg

IQYOt7h.jpg

cgA1QnO.jpg
  • Race Bannon, Bullet Magnet, Brother Lunkhead and 5 others like this
Feel free to visit my blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

It's a mix of old school 40k, Horus Heresy and Fallout goodness!

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,231 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Excellent work there brotherthumbsup.gif I've a soft spot for Seth and his wild boys, so it's always good to see them get some love. 14 years eh?...… now I don't feel so bad with some of my projects sitting inactive for a mere decadebiggrin.png Drop pods are my favorite transport but they are a real pain to build and paint. The effort you put into yours really shows. Thanks for sharing.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,953 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent works.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Nice work, the data screens are very well done.

Legiocustodes

Legiocustodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists
Cheers guys!!

Yeah 14 years they’ve been waiting to be painted... and there are some other models in my collection that have waited even longer.
Feel free to visit my blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

It's a mix of old school 40k, Horus Heresy and Fallout goodness!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flesh Tearers, Drop Pods, Space Marines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users