Okay, half the year has passed. I am recovering from several surgeries and received a few new augments, so it seems like the proper time to set a few new hobby goals for myself. I request your forgiveness in advance if this moves along at a slower than normal pace, but the flesh is weak you know. :biggrin.:

+==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+

IMPERIAL DATE CODE: 5/500018.M3 [approx. (GMT - 5:00 hours) 12:00:01 PM to 08:45:36 PM, July 2nd, 2018]

By order of his most holy majesty the God-Emperor of Terra
ARX TERMINUS LIBRARIUM
SEQUESTERED ORDO MACHINUM DOSSIERS
AUTHORISED PERSONS ONLY
CASE FILE 1011:65E:GG7:BClg

Please enter your authority code > • • • • • • • • • • • •
Validating...
Thank you, B&C Battle Brother.
You may proceed.
tn_gallery_8429_14701_20291.pngtn_gallery_8429_14701_20291.pngtn_gallery_8429_14701_20291.png
ORDO MACHINUM
The Judicators of the Forge
Just as the Ordo Hereticus pay close attention to the Ecclesiarchy, the Ordo Machinum scrutinise the Adeptus Mechanicus. Specifically, they are concerned with the reintegration of recovered STC variants into the Imperium’s armies and the rare adoptions of alien technologies into established Mechanicum protocols. The purpose here is twofold. Firstly, the Ordo Machinum ensure that laxness on the part of the Omnissiah’s worshippers does not permit a flawed technology to enter the Emperor’s service. More importantly, the Ordo Machinum ensures that no Magos is tempted to withhold vital systems from other factions of the Adeptus Terra with a view to increasing the Adeptus Mechanicus’ power within the Imperium.
Inquisitors of the Ordo Machinum often accompany Adeptus Mechanicus archaeological teams to distant worlds, the better to see for themselves exactly what has been recovered. They often work in concert with the Ordo Xenos – especially when the world in question has been under alien control or there is any suggestion of non-human origin for the technology the Adeptus Mechanicus seek to recover.
--- quoted from the Codex: Inquisition (6e), pg. 18
tn_gallery_8429_14701_16349.pngsml_gallery_8429_14701_18029.pngtn_gallery_8429_14701_16349.png
med_gallery_8429_14701_15692.png
sml_gallery_8429_14701_9820.png
Ordo Machinum Imperial Agents Army - coming soon
Ordo Machinum Battle Fleet - coming soon
Ordo Machinum Kill Team - coming soon
Sector Imperialis gaming board - coming soon

sml_gallery_8429_14701_4450.png
E Tenebrae Lux VII - coming soon
sml_gallery_8429_14701_8385.png

Arx Terminus, star fortress - coming soon
Axe Bearer, battle barge - coming soon
Divine Stalker, strike cruiser - coming soon
Hammer of Judgement, strike cruiser - coming soon
Eye of the Omnissiah, ark mechanicus - coming soon
sml_gallery_8429_14701_15565.png
Imperial Agents: Judicators of the Forge - coming soon
sml_gallery_8429_14701_8974.png
Special Characters - coming soon
sml_gallery_8429_14701_10505.png
2005 The Inquisitor Sketchbook by John Blanche
2013 Codex: Inquisition (6e)
2017 Index: Imperium 2 - Imperial Agents (8e)
2017 Codex: Adeptus Astartes (8e)
2017 Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (8e)
2018 Codex: Deathwatch (8e)
2018 Codex: Imperial Knights (8e)
+==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+
Long Term Goal: My long term goal is to build, paint, and play an army of Imperial Agents. Using the Inquisition as their core organizer, I plan to slowly expand with other Imperial forces as the Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, and Officio Assassinorum.
Optional Extras: I also have my share of classic Adeptus Astartes models, although completing a specific army has always eluded me. I have never done a specifically small army, let alone one requiring various allied factions, and the visceral drama of the Inquisition has intrigued me since Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn trilogy began in 2001. John Blanche's "The Inquisitor Sketchbook" (2005) was also a big factor.
Thematic Choice: This army will be focused around the Ordo Machinum, originally mentioned in the 6th edition Codex: Inquisition. The Ordo Machinum is extremely focused on the Adeptus Mechanicus, particularly in regards to the reintegration and recovery of STC technology. They endeavor to prevent any flawed or heretical elements from entering the Emperor's service. They also watch over any Magos who may be tempted to subvert the balance of power between the Imperium and the Adeptus Mechanicus.
As the Ordo operates within such close proximity of the Adeptus Mechanicus, even travelling with the Explorator Fleets to survey archeotech finds and recoveries, it would be natural to presume that very select elements of allied forces accompany the Inquisitors. These allies, whether from the Astra Militarum, Adeptus Astartes, Assassinorum, etc would have some ties to the Adeptus Mechanicus as well. These allies, for the most part, would need to be trusted and respected as working in the Omnissiah's best interests. Almost as Astartes' Techmarines make their vows to Mars and the Omnissiah yet still serve in their Chapter's service, so too do these Imperial Agents commit themselves in a similar fashion while serving the Ordo Machinum.
I want to give any allied factions a "mechanicus-tech" look and feel to their models. I can see myself looking over much of John Blanche's artwork in the days to come.
Ciao!

The icons look good. Is this a branch of the Inquisition, meant to police the AdMech? If so, is it canon, or your own creation?

The Ordo Machinum was mentioned in the 6th edition Codex:Inquisition (where I got the blurb about them shown above).

I figured as GW hasn't given them any symbol or other information, I have a little leeway to play around with their organization.

May I suggest the following Astartes organization as allies?

During Goge Vandire's Reign of Blood, the Fabricator-General founded the Steel Confessors: a "ceramite wall" to protect the Adeptus Mechanicus from the Ecclesiarch's excesses. Basing its organization upon the Deathwatch, the Confessors accept Marines from the Iron Hands and their successors; these Marines serve the duration of a crusade (an average of 20 years), before returning to their Chapter.

As the Confessors were not a Space Marine Chapter, the Fabricator-General deemed it unnecessary to ask the other High Lords for permission. After Vandire's fall, the Confessors were tasked with "preventing the spread of techno-heresy,"-- in other words, deny the Inquisition any excuse to interfere with the Mechanicus' affairs.

<Snip.>

When the Astronomican began failing, the Fabricator-General ordered a "Crusade for Knowledge" to repair the Golden Throne; the Confessors volunteered to a man, and were renamed the "Steel Crusaders."

I'm sure Ferrus Manus' sons will be willing to help, in exchange for certain... favors.

• 1 month later...

Recovery has been more difficult than expected, but thank the Omnissiah I am getting back on the assembly line! :biggrin.: 

Long Term Goal: My long term goal is to build, paint, and play an army of Imperial Agents. Using the Inquisition as their core organizer, I plan to slowly expand with other Imperial forces as the Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, and Officio Assassinorum.

Optional Extras: I also have my share of classic Adeptus Astartes models, although completing a specific army has always eluded me. I have never done a specifically small army, let alone one requiring various allied factions, and the visceral drama of the Inquisition has intrigued me since Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn trilogy began in 2001. John Blanche's "The Inquisitor Sketchbook" (2005) was also a big factor.

Thematic Choice: This army will be focused around the Ordo Machinum, originally mentioned in the 6th edition Codex: Inquisition. The Ordo Machinum is extremely focused on the Adeptus Mechanicus, particularly in regards to the reintegration and recovery of STC technology. They endeavor to prevent any flawed or heretical elements from entering the Emperor's service. They also watch over any Magos who may be tempted to subvert the balance of power between the Imperium and the Adeptus Mechanicus.

As the Ordo operates within such close proximity of the Adeptus Mechanicus, even travelling with the Explorator Fleets to survey archeotech finds and recoveries, it would be natural to presume that very select elements of allied forces accompany the Inquisitors. These allies, whether from the Astra Militarum, Adeptus Astartes, Assassinorum, etc would have some ties to the Adeptus Mechanicus as well. These allies, for the most part, would need to be trusted and respected as working in the Omnissiah's best interests. Almost as Astartes' Techmarines make their vows to Mars and the Omnissiah yet still serve in their Chapter's service, so too do these Imperial Agents commit themselves in a similar fashion while serving the Ordo Machinum.

I want to give any allied factions a "mechanicus-tech" look and feel to their models. I can see myself looking over much of John Blanche's artwork in the days to come.

Archived