Question about death jester weapon profile any help?

Angelsforlife6317

Hey guys my buddy started playing the death jester different in our games after the codex dropped. He now is using d3 mortal on both weapon profiles preferrably the Assault 3. He says the ability to get d3 works for both weapon profiles and can potentially get 3d3 mortal wounds off the assault 3 if he kills 3 models. Are we playing this right after codex? or are we getting it wrong? TIA

Shrieker Cannon (Shrieker) 24" Assault 1 6 -1 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+ for this weapon, that hit is resolved with an AP of -3. If an INFANTRY model is slain by an attack made with this weapon, then its unit suffers D3 mortal wounds. If any models in a unit are slain by this weapon, subtract 2 from that unit's Leadership characteristic until the end of the turn.   Shrieker Cannon (Shuriken) 24" Assault 3 6 0 1 Each time you make a wound roll of 6+ for this weapon, that hit is resolved with an AP of -3.

The Mortal wounds clearly only applies to the Shrieker profile not the Shuriken profile. 

Thanks for the reply. My buddy is saying that the paragraph for the d3 works for both because it says this weapon and not this weapon profile. So he thinks it should apply to both profiles. My only issue is I called GW and they are saying the paragraph for d3 mortal ends before you get to the second weapon profile. Its so close on that datasheet it would be easy to fudge up imo

• 2 weeks later...

Not really? The shuriken variant has a "-" for "Abilities", so it's separate from the other option. For his logic to work, all plasma shots would kill on a To Hit roll of 1, even the bolter section of a combi-plasma, as they're the same weapon. You only use the Ability of the profile you select to shoot.

Archived