Predator vs Hellblasters vs 2 Razorbacks

Any tank is easy to kill if the opponent has proper anti-tank and you don't have target saturation. Even knights. Hence why we keep telling 2 Razorbacks would probably be the best option. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I personally believe the more autonomous a unit is, the more benefit it has to my army. Vehicles can be repaired, and 3 preds can use a Strategem.... all are circumstantial and require support. A dev squad missing half of its unit can still operate at pretty near full efficiency.

Infantry still has a notable advantage overall in 8 th. Sliding damage scales, the inability to move and shoot without penalty, the difficulty of cover for a vehicle.... it’s all negatives for vehicles and that’s without talking about Chapter Tactics and strategems.

That being said cheap vehicles are always good value, too bad I don’t play Eldar/Dark Eldar though!

At the last ITC event I played through a lot of DE stuff (lots of vehicles in every list) and it was always a grind, win or lose. It just kind of re emphasized how much I’d like GW to revisit Codex Astartes, as I watched my Strategems being cancelled multiple times a game... the codex feels quite dated already. The premature, knee jerk nerfs from GW only exaggerate all of those issues.

Until I figure out how to make it really work, I prefer Flyers ( yes, still) and fire support roles staying with ground pounders. I will supplement with Warglaives and Helverines, or even the Castellan before going back to metal boxes for anything other than lowering my drop count.

On that note about the Black Heart anti-stratagem, it wouldn't bother me do much if the DE didn't have one of the "roll to get your CPs back" warlord traits. I faced that in a tournament a few months ago and it was terrible because he'd dropped three CPs to cancel VOTLW or Cacophony and earn back enough that the coat wasn't prohibitive. He hit me with it like three times in one game.

On that note about the Black Heart anti-stratagem, it wouldn't bother me do much if the DE didn't have one of the "roll to get your CPs back" warlord traits. I faced that in a tournament a few months ago and it was terrible because he'd dropped three CPs to cancel VOTLW or Cacophony and earn back enough that the coat wasn't prohibitive. He hit me with it like three times in one game.

Agents of Vect is going to cause riots if it isnt nerfed to once per battle

Side note before returning to topic: The "return your CP traits" I am starting to believe are becoming a massive issue if available too much. Mainly if available so freely as general traits but even then it is a very disruptive trait in general. At first, it was cool but now it is becoming degenerate as now it rewards armies with larger pools of CP than smaller ones (which i assume the intent was for it to benefit smaller armies). At this point, I would think it needs shifted to "Whenever you use a stratagem, roll a D6. If you roll equal to or lower than the CP cost of the stratagem, you get 1CP" so that way, big stratagems have good chance at procing it but the smaller weaker strats wouldn't but it wouldn't mean when you start hot rolling on those 3CP strats you effectively have infinite points.

Back on topic however, 2 razorbacks is likely the better option. The strange thing is about getting two of them is they benefit from each other being around along with spreading firepower. On top of that having utility in being a transport isn't too shabby if need be. Isn't it something like the Square Law, two razorbacks aren't 2x more effective but instead 4x more effective or something?

Primaris can win in a competitive environment at my local flgs I came 2nd in their pre faq tournament with a pure primaris Ironhands list admittedly I got lucky with my pairings but it can be done.

This was my list attached the time not as tough now as I can double up the fnp using culln's aura but basically every turn spend CP to given Culln re-roll, Doritos and a intercessor squad in one corner. Culln and redemptors oo the other flank aggressors and other 2 intercessor squad in the middle libarian hide behind dreads buffing Culln with MOH , Lt and ancient sits near aggressors

+++ Culln list (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [116 PL, 1993pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment

**Chapter Selection**: Iron Hands

+ HQ +

Primaris Librarian: 1) Veil of Time, 2) Might of Heroes, Force sword

Primaris Lieutenants

Primaris Lieutenant: Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Primaris Ancient: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator

Inceptor Squad: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Iron Hands

+ HQ +

Carab Culln the Risen

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Aiolos missile launcher, Anvillus autocannon battery, Twin heavy bolter

Archived