Question about FW and Matched Play datasheet limits

Fishpits

Hey! 

I'm new here, and new'ish to 8th edition. Question about matched play datasheet limits.

I want to field a Chaos army with many walkers. So far I know that I want to field 3 Sonic Dreadnoughts.

Seeing in the FAQ GW said for Sonic Dreads to just use the Helbrute datasheet from the Chaos Codex.

Does this mean I can't have any regular Helbrutes if I already had 3 Sonic Dreadnoughts?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I should also mention this is for a 2000 point game.

Note that the datasheet limits are part of the suggested rules for organised events, and are not rules for Matched Play.

But yes, there's no Sonic Dreadnought datasheet so it shares the limit with Helbrutes, being... basically just a Helbrute.

It's true it just a recommendation, but definitely see what your local players are doing. At many places, the Rule of 3 may still be the expectation for most games unless specified otherwise. 

Also, it doesn't become Rule of 4 until it is above 2000 points. 2000 points is 3 datasheets, 2001 points is 4 data sheets. 

Awesome, that's what I figured but wanted to be sure. My friend and I are trying to strictly play with ITC rules in mind so that we can figure out decent lists for any game without having to change our lists!

Thanks for the replies!

Archived