Sisters of Battle Banners

bkde

Hi all, does anyone have any exprience withthe old paper Sisters of Battle banners? I managed to scoop up two of the banner pole girls and an unopened blister of banners over the weekend.

I've never worked with paper banners before. Looking for any tips or photos of inspiration. Thanks!

I, once, rather recently, had some very ambitious plans for my colour girl and what she'd be carrying. Then work picked up.

That aside, I have worked with paper flags before when I was doing up the core of my Empire Army. I don't have an enourmous amount to say about the sticker versions because I did those up in CAD and printed them off. Then I glued them together around the flag poles. What I do recall of that that may be transferable is that you need your steadiest hands, because stray paint you can just work over, but it's hard to peel apart and reattach a sticker without leaving a mark.

Seriously, this is not a thing to do in haste. Set it aside until you feel an auspicious day where you can be all relaxed doing this and have had a good night sleep the night before. I'd consider finding some non-antique stickers to play with and doing some warm-ups leading up to it to get the hang of the techniques.

When I made my Empire banners I recall pre-folding them square on a clean, flat desk and then doing a bit of origami to get some balanced shape to the ties before I applied adheasive and tried for the real deal. You might be able to do similar with your stickers with some care if you leave the backing on.

I do not have any experiance with paper banners, but I did my own banner using some plastic a while ago:

gallery_73923_8770_85198.jpg

I presume the process might be a bit more laborious than using paper, but in case you're interested my old thread, where I explain (among other things) the process of making and shaping the banner, should still be around.

Hope this is inspiring!

I’d forgotten about that banner! It’s still fabulous looking :D

That is an understatement! ^_^

For my Imagifiers I've made banners by modifying images with Microsoft Paint.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/222233-imag

I like all the references on the Arraksis/Alderaan banner. Beautiful gallery, and huge respect for the white armour! Is that emblem on your exorcist door metal??? Thanks for the share!

They are indeed metal. 

I get them in the scrapbook section of my local Hobby Lobby craft store. They sell them as metal embellishments for scrapbooks. Its easy to snip the mounting prongs off the back, then I scar the back up a bit before gluing them to the rhino doors. (I used smooth doors so I didn't have to remove the hand holds).  They come eight to a pack and are referred to as Fluer-de-lis brads. The brand name on the package is Spare Parts. In each pack there are a small pair and large pair in both silver and gold for a total of 8. The dimensions are:

Small:

•Length: 1"

•Width: 7/8"

Large:

•Length: 1 1/4"

•Width: 1 1/16"

Both fit fine on a rhino door.

Archived