House Cibus - Knight household WIP

This thread will be for my custom household when I start working on it when the mood strikes me, based on my own idea of a mechanicum household I had back in 2016 with my skitarii legion. It will be slow, writing when inspiration hits me, but I want to keep this first for future updates in general. Been a long while since I thought about this, but hey why not restart it? here is the first bit I have.

House Name: House Cibus

Home Planet: Lorem Prime

Planet exports: Food, Promethium, Bio-fuel, Energy

Allegience: Questor Mechanicus

House motto: "The Motive Force guides my blade!" (WIP)

House Colors: Thunderhead grey, Royal purple, Bronze and Brass trims.

Founding:

Like many knight houses, the planet of Lorem Prime was found by during the Great Crusade by a force of Ultramarines. Though the King of Lorem originally dedicatied their service to the Emperor and Terra, House Cibus sent their knights to aid many factions during the crusade, Mechanicum and Legion alike. Individual Oaths made for each campaign saw them serve a variety of armies, ranging from grinding sieges conducted by the Ordo Reductor, to Lighting fast strikes with the Blood Angels. Many alliances and friendships were formed, but a special place in the House's legends were reserved by the legion that brought them out of the Long Night, and more than a few Knights were called upon to aid Ultramar.

When the horus heresy spread through the galaxy House Cibus remained loyal, but insulated. Many of their former allies have turned traitor against the imperium, Turning half the oaths of service the house took into shameful memories. Their Greatest shame of the heresy was when House Cibus marched with the Iron Warriors. The knights were kept in the dark by the warsmith for the duration of the deployment, only told they were to fight against traitors. When the House met the ultramarines on the field of battle,  the knights were horrified that they were going to destroy the 13th legion, and in rage turned against the Iron Warriors. Nearly half the Knights of House Cibus were destroyed in the crossfire, but at the end of the battle the Ultramarines aided House Cibus in recovering the fallen suits. Due to this battle, their Trust with the Imperium was as wounded as their pride, The knights insulated themselves in their system, sending out detachments to help the loyalists but as soon as their actions in the scouring ended, they were largely forgotten by the grand machine of the imperium, their forces remaining drained and their system largely becoming self sufficient and isolated due to the equal mistrust between the forces of the imperium and the House of Cibus.

Isolation remained until The Beast's WAAAGH rang through the galaxy, the Lorem system was besieged by an armada of Orks, with every planet engulfed in war. Outnumbered beyond all calculation, House Cibus fought for their world valiantly until at last they were pushed back to the world's capital and fortress of their House. Their astropathic choir sent out desperate pleas for aid, but all they received was denials of aid. The deeds of the house in the Horus Heresy did little to convince anyone in the Imperium from sending aid, and their lack of action since then sealed their fate in the eyes of sector command.

Their planet was dying, great fields of sustenance being ground to dust by the unstoppable hordes of greenskins. Hope was lost, and yet the knights sold themselves dearly against the horde. At the dawn of the final day, they prepared for one final charge into legend when they finally received aid.

Arch-Corpuscarius Ohminous Volt's Motive crusade arrived, redirected from reclaiming a traitor sector in order to lend aid to the dying world. In a series of teleportation strikes The 413th Extermination Legion from the forgeworld of Lucius reinforced House Cibus almost instantly.  Skitarii and Titans appearing from thin air, destroying the Ork's artillery and providing an unmovable anvil to break the besieging forces, while Ohminous himself led a whole legion of electropriests and Cybernetica alongside the charging knights. After two days of unending combat, the Greenskins were annihilated, the great plain in front of the capitol becoming a mass grave of destroyed knights and ramshackle vehicles.

Only Through the aid of the Motive Crusade's 413th Extermination Legion did House Cibus Survive, the forces of the mechanicus providing aid when all other old alliances denied it. At the end of the battle the King of Lorem knelt before Ohminious, swearing oaths of fealty to the Mechanicus and the forges of Lucius. Within a decade the planet became an important resource for the hungry world, and the Knights an unmovable ally to the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Homeworld:

The planet of Lorem prime is a planet dedicated to one thing ever since Arch-Corpuscarius Ohminous Volt Broke the greenskin siege on the planet: Fuel. After the knights of House Cibus aided the Cardinal's Motive crusade in ridding the Lorem system of  the greenskin threat, Ohminous gave a wonderful gift to the devastated planet, one of life and growth! The magos Biologis of the crusade worked miracles, and within 100 years the planet healed the wounds of war and became prosperous once more. Plants have been sown across great fields that are designed to be turned into nutrient rich paste that can feed hundreds of worlds, and crops modified to be able to be refined into Bio-Fuel usable in most imperial engines, both designed to survive the constant thunderstorms that roll across the planet.. In this way the planet is able to keep the very forces that saved them alive and running, and has proven to be a great source of wood, food and fuel for the mechanicus.

Of particular note is the planet's Lightningstorms, ones that attract the worship and study of electropriests since the new oathtaking. The Storms of Lorem prime are great, sweeping tides of rain and destruction, sometimes nearly drowning the land in water and lightning. The dark, scorched grey of Lucius's Solar Blessing adorns each knight alongside the house color of royal purple, both in honor to their Forgeworld Sponsors and in homage to the great lightningstorms Lorem is famous for. 

Monasteries dedicated to the Motive Force dot the planet, particularly high in the world's mountain ranges. Through their rituals and technology they harvest the holy lighting that crashes to earth, storing it in massive capacitors rather than let it ground and go to waste. To this end every settlement is home to towering lightning poles connected to the world's power grid. the electromonks wire it across the planet to power the vast cities and refineries across the world, but above all this power is used to help recharge the engines of House Cibus. To this end many meteorologist hone their skills across this planet, and are instrumental in predicting the storms for the farming surfs of the world.   

Culture 

pre-Motive Crusade house Cibus was largely similar to other knight houses of the time. Knight Lances swore individual oaths for each battle they participated in, allying themselves to imperial forces during the great crusade and marching alongside the auxillia and legions alike.  during this time the people of Lorem have been subject to a serf system, with workers toiling under Lords across the planet, making up the whole of Lorem prime's infrastructure. The Imperial truth had all but eradicated the storm god worship on the planet, and though they still cursed using this arcane deity's name in times of duress, the religion disappeared from the culture, almost forgotten. The imperials had brought stronger metals and materials to Lorem Prime, helping to create cities that could better stand against the storms of the world, and thus allowing them to prosper after the crusade. Though their settlements did not reach the size of a hive city, they were large enough to strengthen the infrastructure of the world.

After Arch Corpasarius Ohminous Volt saved the planet and the knightly vows renewed, the culture of Lorem Prime shifted back to their worship of the old storm god, though with a new twist. The Storms of Lorem are now worshiped as the Motive Force given form. Indeed, the worship of the Machine God, Omnissiah and Motive Force has become the state sponsored religion of the planet with nobleman and peasant alike giving homage to the machines. instead of plow and shovel the serfs of House Cibus use tractors and crawlers, machines that run off the sacred energy of their god to harvest the food both for themselves and for their patron forge.  The Monasteries of Electropriests are welcomed with open arms in most cities, and are vital to keeping them alive and well with holy energy. 

House Cibus themselves have included rituals and augments to better use electricity, and their mounts are designed to be as efficient as possible, as not to waste the precious gift given to them by their planet's storms. Though they favor thermal spears and other directed energy weapons, it is said that the knights of House Cibus can fight for weeks off of one charge to their fusion cores, singing praises to the machine god as loud as their Patrons in the mechanicus.

As part of their coming of age rituals each pilot is given augments and holy cybernetics, including being able to understand binary and link to the Noosphere. Though not as zealous in replacing their flesh as others of the cult mechanicus, they remain holy crusaders of knowledge and energy.

The House motto may be simplified to "The Motive Force guides my blade!"

As for the planetary exports, why is "energy" listed, when you already have two other energy sources- promethium and bio-fuel- listed? M2 and M3 nation-states export energy their domestic power plants generate, by transmitting the energy via power lines that stretch into neighboring nation-states; this technique will obviously NOT work when exporting the product to another planet.

Your ideas have potential, but more editing is needed to develop this potential.

The House motto may be simplified to "The Motive Force guides my blade!"

As for the planetary exports, why is "energy" listed, when you already have two other energy sources- promethium and bio-fuel- listed? M2 and M3 nation-states export energy their domestic power plants generate, by transmitting the energy via power lines that stretch into neighboring nation-states; this technique will obviously NOT work when exporting the product to another planet.

Your ideas have potential, but more editing is needed to develop this potential.

well, I already have been thinking of that. my ideas for the future is that this knight world has some electropriest monasteries harvesting hydro electric power and other such electricity giving resources in order to store them in capacitors and the like to tranport them off world or to nearby ships. would that be feasible?

Batteries will lose their charge over time, even if they're allowed to simply rest in place.

A more plausible export will be the capacitors themselves- say the planet has orbital manufactories capable of producing electrical and electronic devices of unparalleled quality. As a bonus, the fact these manufactories are in orbit, means the planet itself won't suffer pollution from their byproducts, meaning it retains a healthy agriculture industry, as well as forests and jungles where Knight Scions can hunt deadly predators as a rite-of-passage. (You can also justify "Space Knights" capable of orbital deployment, like a Space Marine drop pod- the orbital manufactories must be defended, after all.)

Batteries will lose their charge over time, even if they're allowed to simply rest in place.

A more plausible export will be the capacitors themselves- say the planet has orbital manufactories capable of producing electrical and electronic devices of unparalleled quality. As a bonus, the fact these manufactories are in orbit, means the planet itself won't suffer pollution from their byproducts, meaning it retains a healthy agriculture industry, as well as forests and jungles where Knight Scions can hunt deadly predators as a rite-of-passage. (You can also justify "Space Knights" capable of orbital deployment, like a Space Marine drop pod- the orbital manufactories must be defended, after all.)

That is a good idea, possibly better than what I had. I do like the ideas of electropriest monasteries on the planet though, and may try to work them in due to my other writings ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321848-413th-lucius-extermination-legion/ ) particularly from a different character saving the planet in that article being an electropriests. I guess the orbital facilities could be those, but I imagined something like a hydroelectric dam charging station or something. still, the orbital industry would be good!

How's this for an idea?

_____

The planet of Lorem prime is a planet dedicated to one thing ever since Electrocardinal Ohminous Volt Broke the greenskin siege on the planet: Fuel. After the knights of House Cibus aided the Cardinal's Motive crusade in ridding the Lorem system of  the greenskin threat, Ohminous gave a wonderful gift to the devastated planet, one of life and growth! The magos Biologis of the crusade worked miracles, and within 100 years the planet healed the wounds of war and became prosperous once more. Plants have been sown across great fields that are designed to be turned into nutrient rich paste that can feed hundreds of worlds, and crops modified to be able to be refined into Bio-Fuel usable in most imperial engines. In this way the planet is able to keep the very forces that saved them alive and running, and has proven to be a great source of wood, food and fuel for the mechanicus.

Looks good, except for Ohminous Volt's title. Why is he called an "ElectroCARDINAL" (emphasis mine), i.e., using an Ecclesiarchy/Ministorum title instead of an AdMech one? The two institutions can barely tolerate each other.

If you mean to give Ohminous a position that combines those of an AdMech Magos and a Ministorum priest, you should do more research, so Ohminous won't be declared a heretic/heretek by both institutions. Read as many articles as you can find on the AdMech's history, and then ask yourself, "Under what circumstances will the Fabricator-General," the AdMech equivalent of an Ecclesiarch, "tolerate or even encourage Tech-priests who act like Ministorum priests?" Ohminous should also get a title more in-character with the AdMech- maybe "Ahura Mazda," after the being a pre-Imperial Magos served?

Looks good, except for Ohminous Volt's title. Why is he called an "ElectroCARDINAL" (emphasis mine), i.e., using an Ecclesiarchy/Ministorum title instead of an AdMech one? The two institutions can barely tolerate each other.

If you mean to give Ohminous a position that combines those of an AdMech Magos and a Ministorum priest, you should do more research, so Ohminous won't be declared a heretic/heretek by both institutions. Read as many articles as you can find on the AdMech's history, and then ask yourself, "Under what circumstances will the Fabricator-General," the AdMech equivalent of an Ecclesiarch, "tolerate or even encourage Tech-priests who act like Ministorum priests?" Ohminous should also get a title more in-character with the AdMech- maybe "Ahura Mazda," after the being a pre-Imperial Magos served?

I taken into account that, but it was more of a short hand i made in 2016 on electro priests and tech priests, and since We have no clue what the higher up positions in the electropriests sect are actually called, going with the naming convention along the lines of real world priests I just have electrocardinal. Short, sweet, follows what we know about electropriests from the codex and books, and allowed me to move on.

Sure, I can change it (don't like using the suggestion for... personal reasons) and find a new name for it, give me a second

Edit: okay, how would Arch-Corpuscarii sound? This event would happen around the beast arises series happens at m32, so the split between priests didn't happen yet (m39 by the codex) and thus he would still be the leader of both factions.

got a few minutes to write some stuff on the founding. It could use some workshopping, as I really only thought of when they made their oaths to the mechanicus during M32, and not before it. that and I don't know too much if this would work with what I read in the knights codex, so I'm just gonna wing it and make changes on feedback.

Like many knight houses, the planet of Lorem Prime was found by during the Great Crusade by a force of Ultramarines. Originally dedicating their service to the Emperor, House Cibus sent their knights to aid many factions during the crusade, and lent their aid when asked. When the horus heresy spread through the galaxy House Cibus remained loyal, but insulated. Many of their former allies have turned traitor against the imperium, breaking the oaths of alliance forged by the House. The Knights of Lorem Prime sent aid to the garrisons around their system still dedicated to the emperor, But they were largely left alone throughout the war, a miracle in of itself. During the scourging they nearly emptied their halls of their warriors in revenge against the oathbreakers, 

When The Beast's WAAAGH rang through the galaxy, the Lorem system was beseiged by an armada of Orks, with every planet engulfed in war. Outnumbered beyond all calculation, the Knights of Cibus fought for their world valiantly across the world until they were pushed back to the world's capital and fortress of their House. Their astropathic choir sent out desperate pleas for aid, but all they received was denials of aid. Hope was lost, and yet the knights sold themselves dearly against the greenskin horde. at the dawn of the final day, they prepared for one final charge into legend when they finally received aid. Arch-Corpuscarius Volt's Motive crusade arrived, and in a series of teleportations their numbers were reinforced by the forces of Lucius. Only Through the aid of the Motive Crusade's 413th extermination legion did House Cibus Survive, and in the aftermath the King of Cibus Pledged the oaths of the house to the mechanicus, pledging to aid the Forgeworld of Lucius whenever they ask for it. 

(Very rough draft, kinda ashamed but had a little bit of time before work to write out this idea)

Not bad. Considering the many oaths House Cibus swore, did its Knights ever fight each other during the Heresy, e.g., when Oathsworn Knights of the Sons of Horus fight those of the Imperial Fists, there are House Cibus members on both sides? Or did House Cibus fight a civil war, with pro-Horus Knights and their retainers fighting the pro-Emperor ones, delaying the moment before House Cibus was finally able to send aid to loyalist garrisons in the Lorem System?

Not bad. Considering the many oaths House Cibus swore, did its Knights ever fight each other during the Heresy, e.g., when Oathsworn Knights of the Sons of Horus fight those of the Imperial Fists, there are House Cibus members on both sides? Or did House Cibus fight a civil war, with pro-Horus Knights and their retainers fighting the pro-Emperor ones, delaying the moment before House Cibus was finally able to send aid to loyalist garrisons in the Lorem System?

Hmmm, I suppose one house wouldnt be able to really resist the split the heresy made, so yea I could have a dark angel esq split (without the angst) for them, or I was thinking maybe an allied auxillia / legion detachment they were with turned traitor and made war on another close ally? Like, for example, a lance detachment with the iron warriors unknowingly deploy against the ultramarines due to treachery, sent in to die first in the meat grinder before they really know what is happening, and the lance makes a fighting retreat to try and ally with those that found them?

I was thinking maybe an allied auxillia / legion detachment they were with turned traitor and made war on another close ally? Like, for example, a lance detachment with the iron warriors unknowingly deploy against the ultramarines due to treachery, sent in to die first in the meat grinder before they really know what is happening, and the lance makes a fighting retreat to try and ally with those that found them?

This is a good idea, and should make House Cibus choose, of their own free will, to hate Chaos Space Marines and their pawns (cultists, anti-Imperial rebels, independence movements, etc.). With no need for Ecclesiarchal indoctrination, this hatred will burn hottest- matched only by that of the Iron Hands towards any weakness.

A proposed retort to some overbearing Ministorum priest who wants to give what he thinks is a "motivational speech" before a battle against Chaos forces:

Knight: "Save your breath and stop wasting our time. We need to prepare our Knight suits for battle."

Priest: "Need I remind you of the crimes the heretics committed against...?"

Knight: "I do not need you to remind me, because I will never forget! My Knight's Throne Mechanicum stores the memories of all its pilots, including noble ancestors who fought in the Horus Heresy! Every time I seat myself, I see the horrors they saw when the Warmaster unleashed his forces upon those who were once friend and family to us both- feel my ancestors' pain as they tried and failed to stop the traitors' madness! My ancestors and I chose, of our own free will, to never forgive the traitors. For that reason, our hatred is pure; our rage is so hot, the flames of Hell will seem cool in comparison. And when we finally meet in battle, we will make the enemy burn."

A proposed retort to some overbearing Ministorum priest who wants to give what he thinks is a "motivational speech" before a battle against Chaos forces:

Knight: "Save your breath and stop wasting our time. We need to prepare our Knight suits for battle."

Priest: "Need I remind you of the crimes the heretics committed against...?"

Knight: "I do not need you to remind me, because I will never forget! My Knight's Throne Mechanicum stores the memories of all its pilots, including noble ancestors who fought in the Horus Heresy! Every time I seat myself, I see the horrors they saw when the Warmaster unleashed his forces upon those who were once friend and family to us both- feel my ancestors' pain as they tried and failed to stop the traitors' madness! My ancestors and I chose, of our own free will, to never forgive the traitors. For that reason, our hatred is pure; our rage is so hot, the flames of Hell will seem cool in comparison. And when we finally meet in battle, we will make the enemy burn."

dang it, now I wanna write a short story.... welp here it goes!

Baron Kasper strode through this world's sandstorm, his lance matching his Archeon's long stride towards the muzzle flashes and beams of light that struck out at him. Visibility was low, of course, but Kasper knew fully how his knight would make an targeting auspex light up with it's size alone, and his ion shield faced fully forward to block the worst of the blind-fire. His left hand burned with the fire of his flamestorm cannon and his left vibrated with the twin saws of his fist as he closed in on his target. He only knew his enemy was human, "traitors to our cause" as the warsmith said before he left the detachment of knights alone in their portion of the ship. The enemy's weapons confirmed it bolters and lasguns making trails in the fog as lascannons blasted at him. He was close, and he signaled his other Knights and Armigers forward, full tilt into the traitors, the Iron Warrior tank regiment at his back...

He felt the ghosts in his throne scream as they recognized the supposed traitors once they broke through the fog. The ancestors that rode this nobel steed before him flashed images in his mind, of angels descending onto his planet to offer them a chance at a union with a higher power, ones that offered protection and a chance to serve a greater cause... Angels they fought with, died for and were saved by countless times. The Ghosts, Lord Ludwig who present during their Oathswearing to the imperium, others that died during the great crusade, all shouted in his mind and brought his Knight to a stop even admits the cascade of fire, ones that powered down their weapons. Only such ancestors could stay the wrath he wished to inflict on the enemy...

The "Traitors" were the Ultramarines. 

The other knights stopped in shock as well, and rotated in all too human confusion to look to the Baron. Kasper's helm turned to look at his ally, the noble Knight Errant Constantine, looking to his friend even as their ion shields barely held against the overwhelming fire. Kasper watched as Constantine's core was hollowed out by a single shot of a fellblade blasted from behind his armor melting without the protection of an ion shield. The brief moment of hesitation from House Cibus had been enough for the Iron Warrior Warsmith, and soon guns from the following  tanks began to hammer the Knights. Two Knights more fell, riddled from the crossfire, Kasper watching as veterans from his house died in the confusion, shot in the back with dishonor. 

Baron Kasper's voice, transmitted over the open vox, sounded with the ghosts of his throne, joining with the chorus of the long dead. "Betrayal!" Through the vox, the Ultramarines and Iron warriors alike heard his voice, one side slowing their attack while the other increased. One by one the Knights of House Cibus, now wounded and bleeding, turned to the Iron Warriors.  "The Sons of Lorem are not Oathbreakers!" The Ghosts in Kasper's throne cried as the Baron turned his suit, activating his ion shield to the front.

He charged the fellblade before him even as it's gun could turn to fire, his shield managing to deflect the worse of the blast. in response his Flamestorm cannon melted the tank's armor even before the knight's chainfist ripped the hull from end to end in one fell swing. Flames igniting the tank's ammo behind him, Baron Kasper waded into the tank company, his knight's systems getting pushed into overdrive as it crashed into the tanks. what remained of his lance joined him, mounts crashing into the armored company with the hatred of ancients dishonored. Though despair burned in his breast, Baron Kasper had a task he would see done by sundown. 

He had come to this world to kill traitors, after all, and the Knights of House Cibus never enjoyed leaving a task undone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Alright I think I'm going to make a post in the fan fiction section (never thought I would type that, oh man) to get feedback and edits based on it, as I do wanna get better at writing. might make dual posts, have people edit it there and post the finish product here. got a few more ideas brewing. something like a "Legends of the house" section for the finished product.

anyways, gonna try and fix this up a bit more:

Like many knight houses, the planet of Lorem Prime was found by during the Great Crusade by a force of Ultramarines. Though the King of Lorem originally dedicatied their service to the Emperor and Terra, House Cibus sent their knights to aid many factions during the crusade, Mechanicum and Legion alike. Individual Oaths made for each campaign saw them serve a variety of armies, ranging from grinding sieges conducted by the Ordo Reductor, to Lighting fast strikes with the Blood Angels. Many alliances and friendships were formed, but a special place in the House's legends were reserved by the legion that brought them out of the Long Night, and more than a few Knights were called upon to aid Ultramar.

When the horus heresy spread through the galaxy House Cibus remained loyal, but insulated. Many of their former allies have turned traitor against the imperium, Turning half the oaths of service the house took into shameful memories. Their Greatest shame of the heresy was when House Cibus marched with the Iron Warriors. The knights were kept in the dark by the warsmith for the duration of the deployment, only told they were to fight against traitors. When the House met the ultramarines on the field of battle,  the knights were horrified that they were going to destroy the 13th legion, and in rage turned against the Iron Warriors. Nearly half the Knights of House Cibus were destroyed in the crossfire, but at the end of the battle the Ultramarines aided House Cibus in recovering the fallen suits. Due to this battle, their Trust with the Imperium was as wounded as their pride, The knights insulated themselves in their system, sending out detachments to help the loyalists but as soon as their actions in the scouring ended, they were largely forgotten by the grand machine of the imperium, their forces remaining drained and their system largely becoming self sufficient and isolated due to the equal mistrust between the forces of the imperium and the House of Cibus.

Isolation remained until The Beast's WAAAGH rang through the galaxy, the Lorem system was besieged by an armada of Orks, with every planet engulfed in war. Outnumbered beyond all calculation, House Cibus fought for their world valiantly until at last they were pushed back to the world's capital and fortress of their House. Their astropathic choir sent out desperate pleas for aid, but all they received was denials of aid. The deeds of the house in the Horus Heresy did little to convince anyone in the Imperium from sending aid, and their lack of action since then sealed their fate in the eyes of sector command.

Their planet was dying, great fields of sustenance being ground to dust by the unstoppable hordes of greenskins. Hope was lost, and yet the knights sold themselves dearly against the horde. At the dawn of the final day, they prepared for one final charge into legend when they finally received aid.

Arch-Corpuscarius Ohminous Volt's Motive crusade arrived, redirected from reclaiming a traitor sector in order to lend aid to the dying world. In a series of teleportation strikes The 413th Extermination Legion from the forgeworld of Lucius reinforced House Cibus almost instantly.  Skitarii and Titans appearing from thin air, destroying the Ork's artillery and providing an unmovable anvil to break the besieging forces, while Ohminous himself led a whole legion of electropriests and Cybernetica alongside the charging knights. After two days of unending combat, the Greenskins were annihilated, the great plain in front of the capitol becoming a mass grave of destroyed knights and ramshackle vehicles.

Only Through the aid of the Motive Crusade's 413th Extermination Legion did House Cibus Survive, the forces of the mechanicus providing aid when all other old alliances denied it. At the end of the battle the King of Lorem knelt before Ohminious, swearing oaths of fealty to the Mechanicus and the forges of Lucius. Within a decade the planet became an important resource for the hungry world, and the Knights an unmovable ally to the Adeptus Mechanicus.

so i'm going to be going into the culture stuff for my next post, and not going to spend so much time on the pre-heresy stuff. there is still a whole lot of time between M32 to now, so I know changes can be made for certain stuff. going to try to make my own spin on these knights being crusaders for the motive force and such, as well as maybe someday provide some pictures of the knights I have,

Double post but I think I want to add this to the top after some edits:

Of note is the planet's Lightningstorms, ones that attract the worship and study of electropriests since the new oathtaking. Monastaries dedicated to the motice force dot the planet, harvesting the holy lighting that crashes to earth and sending it to the orbital facilities high above, as well as to the many towns and cities that make up the planet's infrastructure. The Storms of Lorem prime are great, sweeping tides of  rain and destruction, sometimes nearly drowning the land in water and lightning. the dark grey of such a storm now adorns the armor of House Cibus, in reconition to the holy electricity that powers their planet as much as it does the very suits they walk in.

Decided to elaborate on Lorem Prime's storms.

"In addition to the deadly thunderstorms known as 'Tisiphones,' the planet suffers from firestorms originating from its volcanic equator, known as 'Megaeras,' after a mythical fire spirit who rages in jealousy of the attention her rain spirit sister received. Despite the dangers from the volcanos and the firestorms they birth, the children of Lorem Prime are ever ready to brave the Megaeras' domain, for each volcanic eruption will expose veins of rare earth minerals critical to the production of electrical and electronic devices.

"The hurricane named 'Alecto'- 'Eternal Wrath' in the pre-Gothic language of Lorem Prime- rages above the North Pole. The first colonists observed Alecto when they arrived at the planet, and only twice in the history of Lorem Prime's human inhabitants did it pause: Once when the Emperor arrived to welcome the planet into the newborn Imperium, and once to allow Arch-Corpuscius Ohminous to retrieve an STC from the caldera of a volcano beneath the hurricane's eye."

Decided to elaborate on Lorem Prime's storms.

"In addition to the deadly thunderstorms known as 'Tisiphones,' the planet suffers from firestorms originating from its volcanic equator, known as 'Megaeras,' after a mythical fire spirit who rages in jealousy of the attention her rain spirit sister received. Despite the dangers from the volcanos and the firestorms they birth, the children of Lorem Prime are ever ready to brave the Megaeras' domain, for each volcanic eruption will expose veins of rare earth minerals critical to the production of electrical and electronic devices.

"The hurricane named 'Alecto'- 'Eternal Wrath' in the pre-Gothic language of Lorem Prime- rages above the North Pole. The first colonists observed Alecto when they arrived at the planet, and only twice in the history of Lorem Prime's human inhabitants did it pause: Once when the Emperor arrived to welcome the planet into the newborn Imperium, and once to allow Arch-Corpuscius Ohminous to retrieve an STC from the caldera of a volcano beneath the hurricane's eye."

Well those are great ideas, but I may take the liberty to work on the lightning storms and how they form, as I'm thinking it's more like our earth where they can form randomly, but on the planet it's super powerful and such. Dunno how much I like the hurricane idea, as it's fairly good, but may be too mystical with stopping at those points. That and I don't know how much I want an stc to be on lorem, as I wrote in my other liber article why volt happened to come to the planet.

Still, I like the name of the storms, and will work into it soon.

Dunno how much I like the hurricane idea, as it's fairly good, but may be too mystical with stopping at those points.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." You can claim the storm was artificially created, and the stormbringer serves as a defense system for whatever was hidden in the hurricane's eye. The Emperor was able to stop the storm because he encountered such stormbringers before, and knew how shutoff the system; Ohminous was able to do the same because he found the Emperor's notes on Lorem Prime's stormbringer, including the access codes to stop and start the hurricane at will.

That and I don't know how much I want an stc to be on lorem, as I wrote in my other liber article why volt happened to come to the planet.

Shall we start a new Homegrown Rules topic on rocket-equipped "Space Knights" capable of orbital deployment?

Dunno how much I like the hurricane idea, as it's fairly good, but may be too mystical with stopping at those points.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." You can claim the storm was artificially created, and the stormbringer serves as a defense system for whatever was hidden in the hurricane's eye. The Emperor was able to stop the storm because he encountered such stormbringers before, and knew how shutoff the system; Ohminous was able to do the same because he found the Emperor's notes on Lorem Prime's stormbringer, including the access codes to stop and start the hurricane at will.

That and I don't know how much I want an stc to be on lorem, as I wrote in my other liber article why volt happened to come to the planet.

Shall we start a new Homegrown Rules topic on rocket-equipped "Space Knights" capable of orbital deployment?

I dunno it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that my homebrewed house has managed to get the emperor, of everyone in the galaxy and the master of mankind himself, to grace my former isolationist house when so many other planets never seen him in life. goes the same for an STC. Agruably the most important relic to the adeptus mechanicus, something that sometimes have entire crusades launched just to receive, my home made house just happens to have on the planet. not really my style to tell you the truth.

my plan for the house is that the thunderstorms can be sudden and monstrous, how lorem cultures worshiped them as dragons and beasts during the Long Night, which had the religion wiped due to the imperial truth, and is now back again due to the the worship of electricity and it's wonders. gonna write up the culture part soon, but not 15 minutes before work. 

also deployment wise why do I need to make up rules when my guys would be allied to lucius, who already can teleport titans onto the field and is the driving point in my other article for the 413th? I assume they teleport to the planet or are transported down before battle, not mid battle. 

Archived