House Cibus - Knight household WIP

I dunno it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that my homebrewed house has managed to get the emperor, of everyone in the galaxy and the master of mankind himself, to grace my former isolationist house when so many other planets never seen him in life. goes the same for an STC. Agruably the most important relic to the adeptus mechanicus, something that sometimes have entire crusades launched just to receive, my home made house just happens to have on the planet. not really my style to tell you the truth.

Fair enough. You certainly put more thought into this than the idiots working for Marvel Comics nowadays.

my plan for the house is that the thunderstorms can be sudden and monstrous, how lorem cultures worshiped them as dragons and beasts during the Long Night, which had the religion wiped due to the imperial truth, and is now back again due to the the worship of electricity and it's wonders.

Good ideas.

also deployment wise why do I need to make up rules when my guys would be allied to lucius, who already can teleport titans onto the field and is the driving point in my other article for the 413th? I assume they teleport to the planet or are transported down before battle, not mid battle.

The Rule of Cool, though the definition of what's cool is notoriously subjective.

finished writing about the planet wide phenomenon, will write about culture impact later.

----------------

Of particular note is the planet's Lightningstorms, ones that attract the worship and study of electropriests since the new oathtaking. The Storms of Lorem prime are great, sweeping tides of rain and destruction, sometimes nearly drowning the land in water and lightning. The dark, scorched grey of Lucius's Solar Blessing adorns each knight alongside the house color of royal purple, both in honor to their Forgeworld Sponsors and in homage to the great lightningstorms Lorem is famous for. 

Monasteries dedicated to the Motive Force dot the planet, particularly high in the world's mountain ranges. Through their rituals and technology they harvest the holy lighting that crashes to earth, storing it in massive capacitors rather than let it ground and go to waste. To this end every settlement is home to towering lightning poles connected to the world's power grid. the electromonks wire it across the planet to power the vast cities and refineries across the world, but above all this power is used to help recharge the engines of House Cibus. To this end many meteorologist hone their skills across this planet, and are instrumental in predicting the storms for the farming surfs of the world.   

So here's the opening thoughts on culture:

pre-Motive Crusade house Cibus was largely similar to many other houses at the time. knight lances swore individual oaths for each force they participated in, allying themselves to imperial forces during the great crusade and marching alongside the auxillia and legions alike.  Thier people have been subject to a serf system, with workers toiling under Lords across the planet, petty kingdoms making up the whole of Lorem prime's infrastructure. The Imperial truth had all but eradicated the storm god worship on the planet, and though they still cursed using this arcane deity's name in times of duress, the religion was all but forgotten. The imperials had brought stronger metals and materials to Lorem Prime, helping to create cities that could better stand against the storms of the world.

Not bad.

The Imperial truth had all but eradicated the storm god worship on the planet, and though they still cursed using this arcane deity's name in times of duress...

Is this "storm god" named Crom? (See 'Conan the Barbarian'.) Will Baron Cibus ask his Knights, "What is the riddle of steel?"

Not bad.

The Imperial truth had all but eradicated the storm god worship on the planet, and though they still cursed using this arcane deity's name in times of duress...

Is this "storm god" named Crom? (See 'Conan the Barbarian'.) Will Baron Cibus ask his Knights, "What is the riddle of steel?"

Since I have never read conan, I dunno. still didn't think of a name for it. anyways, here is the post motive crusade:

After Arch Corpasarius Ohminous Volt saved the planet and the knightly vows renewed, the culture of Lorem Prime shifted back to their worship of the old storm god, though with a new twist. The Storms of Lorem are now worshiped as the Motive Force given form. indeed, the worship of the Machine God, Omnissiah and Motive Force has become the state sponsored religion of the planet with nobleman and peasant alike giving homage to the machines. instead of plow and shovel the serfs of House Cibus use tractors and crawlers, machines that run off the sacred energy of their god to harvest the food both for themselves and for their patron forge.  The Monasteries of Electropriests are welcomed with open arms in most cities, and are vital to keeping them alive and well with holy energy. 

House Cibus themselves have included rituals and augments to better use electricity, and their mounts are designed to be as efficient as possible, as not to waste the precious gift given to them by their planet's storms. Though they favor thermal spears and other directed energy weapons, it is said that the knights of House Cibus can fight for weeks off of one charge to their fusion cores, singing praises to the machine god as loud as their Patrons in the mechanicus.

As part of their coming of age rituals each pilot is given augments and holy cybernetics, including being able to understand binary and link to the Noosphere. Though not as zealous in replacing their flesh as others of the cult mechanicus, they remain holy crusaders of knowledge and energy.

FYI, Crom is the god of the Cimmerians- Conan's people- but the god himself rejects prayer, sacrifice, and other forms of worship. At their birth, Crom gifts his people with the mental and physical strength they'll need to survive; he will give no more, so praying to him is pointless, as Crom views such behavior as a sign of weakness, and will send forth dooms to punish the weakling. Conan utters Crom's name the way we utter, "Damn!" and other four-letter words, for the same reason.

A thunderbolt can be considered a blessing from the Motive Force, but unless you're an electro-priest with the augmentations necessary to survive its touch- to say nothing of strengthening yourself with its energy- you shouldn't ask for such a blessing.

A thunderbolt can be considered a blessing from the Motive Force, but unless you're an electro-priest with the augmentations necessary to survive its touch- to say nothing of strengthening yourself with its energy- you shouldn't ask for such a blessing.

yea, that's the idea I had for this, maybe making it a ritual for knight pilots to stride into a lightning storm to get struck by lightning and receive this blessing, allowing them to be eligible for some electoos?

As being hit by lightning will only weaken those without the necessary augmetics, House Cibus can adopt the philosophy that one does not become worthy of the Motive Force's blessing at birth, unlike peerage and inheritance; one makes him or herself worthy via training and sacrifice (giving flesh-and-bone components to the Machine God, as tech-priests do), like any good warrior.

As being hit by lightning will only weaken those without the necessary augmetics, House Cibus can adopt the philosophy that one does not become worthy of the Motive Force's blessing at birth, unlike peerage and inheritance; one makes him or herself worthy via training and sacrifice (giving flesh-and-bone components to the Machine God, as tech-priests do), like any good warrior.

yea, that's the general idea, flesh is weak and all that.

Going to think of more things to add soon... maybe some combat history to spice things up, then I may be running out of ideas till later.

Going to think of more things to add soon... maybe some combat history to spice things up, then I may be running out of ideas till later.

Take your time, if you wish. I know, from personal experience, that inspiration can come at frustratingly fickle times.

• 4 weeks later...

man took me a while but hey, better late than never I suppose. Added the culture to the first page and edited it a little (need a better editor I think) and reworked some thoughts. I'm fairly happy with this now though, and will return to thinking of battles and current leaders.

Archived