Black Templar Kill Teams

Well with deep strike range sinking to 5'' at least we wont be standing uselessly infront of the enemies guns after failing the 9'' charge.

Terminator with hammer and shield and a Veteran with shield and axe or shield and fist could be cool and flavourful. Sternguard could also be pretty tasty in KT.

You might be forgetting that charges take place in the movement phase for kill team, and the drop happens at the end of the movement phase. You have to drop in, hope you don't get shot in the shooting phase, then hope you get strategic initiative in the next turn. It is more advantageous to simply start your melee unit on the board and advance them up from cover to cover until they get close enough. 

You might be forgetting that charges take place in the movement phase for kill team...

^this gets me every time :lol:

Mostly played against my brother so far, and he was reasonably forgiving at first, but I need to get my head round this before my BTs disown me!

I really like the look of this update; I think it will help a lot with getting more flavour into our kill-teams. Narrative is my focus of course!

Yes I am for getting that. Damit.

Basicly this will mean the ten Primaris mods I own will see even less use now, because I will use Veterans for melee and sternguard will propably do shooting better as well. So I will paintsternguard soon. Nice.

Oh also: vanguard Veterans are back on the menu aren't they? These guys could reay bring the pain with our chapter thingie in kt.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Relic blades are looking good. D3 damage in kill team is always good and it'll be nice not having a hit penalty. I'm thinking I'll try a vanguard veteran sergeant with jump pack, relic blade, and maybe a storm shield.