Make Way Imperial Knights... The Noble Skitarii Cometh!

There are very few bad units in the Codex. The "Elite" Servitors suck and the Ruststalkers are outperformed by your other CC units. With Ironstriders I never had success, but to be honest I only have 2 with Autocanons and I barely field them.

Other than that, buy whatever you like, you will find a place in your army and a way for it to work!

Lovely work, I like that you'd gone deep with the metallics and a complimentary blue.  Red highlights are a good choice, as well.  What basing options have you considered?

thanks for the feedback, always appreciated!

I like it!

The only thing that looks out of place for me is the red "tail" (the cable on the backpacks... what the heck are they for anyway?)

I think they are meant to represent the rad censors for vanguard. I could tone it down.

Lovely work, I like that you'd gone deep with the metallics and a complimentary blue.  Red highlights are a good choice, as well.  What basing options have you considered?

Thought about being a sheep and do martian earth, but I could do earth tones or LAVA!

Really like it!

Only thing I'd suggest is break up the metallic areas a touch more to really pop them, main offenders are the gun and the legs.

I thought so too. I painted the knee caps the same colour as the cloaks, I think it breaks it well enough now!

Gonna press for updated pics, OFC :)  Glad to see that you've taken the constructive responses accordingly.  I wish I reacted as well to criticism :P

Not going to lie, but it took me a long time to realize that learning to accept criticism from peers is key to personal growth in all things. You don't need to accept and adher to all of it of course, but questioning your choices usually helps you either reinforce them or unmake them with more confidence.

I'll post updated pictures with some freehand lining on the cloaks sometime this coming week.

Electro priests (as you saw in the background) are next on the chopping block. Tough decision ahead for their skin colour or make them metallic perhaps ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep you fine folks up to date, the lack of painting update is not due to a drop in interest, but rather in my investment in defending the interests of the Omnissiah in our local Killteam Campaign ;)

Going to finish another 5 skitarii this weekend and one of my Kastellans, which some of you will either love or despise the conversion on it !

It is hard but criticism, even if its bad, is invaluable. It usually shows you something you missed or even better after you think about it you say "Nah I definitely like it the way it is". First thing we learnt at uni from a Prof was that a Programmers duty was to break or find fault in your friends/colleges code. Not because you're an ass but because it helps them find the problems or improve on whats good. 

I think the cables with the censures on the back give off the Omnissiah's approved generic incense. If you are worried about it being a bit blatant just add some Nuln Oil if you have some. That stuff is great to darken and blend it a little with the surrounding metal.

Hey at least you didn't put the wrong kind of colour on your rangers... spent 2 hours putting gold on instead of brass. That will be fun to fix.

If you are worried about free handing like most of us are, then you can always come back to the model later when you've got some more experience under your belt. I haven't done the lights on a transport of mine but I want to do them with an airbrush but I don't feel ready yet.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/388030718258839553/473991194632912906/20180801_011037.jpg?width=1265&height=949

Edit: Just realized the Dakka Fists, that is a solid solution ! N1 job here

I magnitised mine, I think I prefer this way. I hate putting magnets on anything smaller than a big tank.

Thank you for the kind comments gentlemen!

I like the robot, is that the head you can find on ebay or did you make it out of stuff?

It's the head of a knight without the face plate and the back part has been cut off.

First thing that came to my mind:

MarsAttack-Occ-05-CoverRI.jpg

I like it !

That was one of the sources of inspiration for this! The Dakka fists are both a cool upgrade for me and functional.

I magnitised mine, I think I prefer this way. I hate putting magnets on anything smaller than a big tank.

Yeah, I used to magnetize everything, but this is better for me. No one has had issues with it so far, only thumbs up from my opponents.

Good job on the models, Memento Of Prospero.

Thanks Bjorn, he who walks through fire!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived