Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Death Guard Tournament List w/Knight

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Battalion Detachment
Typhus
Daemon Prince of Nurgle w/Wings, Hellforged sword, Malefic talons, Plague spewer, Suppurating Plate (Relic)
7 Plague Marines w/Champion, 4 Plague knife, 4 Bubotic axe, Plasma gun, Plague sword, 2 Flail of Corruption
20 Poxwalkers
20 Poxwalkers
1 Foetid Bloat-drone w/Plague probe, 2 Plaguespitter
1 Foetid Bloat-drone w/Plague probe, 2 Plaguespitter
1 Chaos Rhino w/2 Combi-bolter, Havoc launcer

Vanguard Detachment
Malignant Plaguecaster
1 Foul Blightspawn (Warlord: Arch-Contaminator)
1 Biologus Putrifier
1 Tallyman

Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment
1 Renegade Knight w/2 Avenger gatling cannons & Heavy flamers, Heavy stubber, Ironstorm missile pod

Edited by McElMcNinja, 07 July 2018 - 01:54 PM.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
So I played this army in a 5 round tournament this weekend and did OK at 3-2. Not great, but at least a winning record.

First game was against DA, Guard, and some shield capts. The knight was the star of the show taking out 2 Guard squads, an aggressor squad, 2 scout squads, and then a shield captain in melee. I won 16-12.
Second game was against Death Korps with hellhounds, some flyers and a knight. Star of this show was the DP and drones, taking out the hellhounds. Honorable mention goes to terrain for rendering his knight, well useless. I won 18-16.
Third game was against a forge world adept-mech army that was able to infiltrate termites 9" from me, disembark & move, then charge first turn. While not a saving grace, he targeted a unit of 5 Poxwalkers sitting on an obj. with his knight castellan and asked, "do I even need to roll the dice?" I said yes only because they were on an obj. Well I still held the obj. with 1 Poxwalker. I was soon tabled, lost 16-34. I don't like forge world.
Fourth game was against Aldari, which contained 4 forge world models and 2 scout squads, plus a harlequin on bike. This game was over once I only had infantry left and if I left the cover of building he shot them dead. So I could try for objs. and die (giving him points) or just sit still and we each got a point a turn. Loss 16-21. I really do not like forge world.
Last game was against a Nurgle Daemon engine army, we slugged at each other all five rounds and neither was willing to die, fun game throughout. Win 26-25.

While the knight was super fun to play (and my first time playing him), my plague buss was effective in every game. The Aldari knight with 28 wounds went down with out a fight. They also took out a DP, 2 Foetid-drones, and 2 poxbringers in 2 turns. I'm really considering running 2 busses.
2rzE0wk.jpg
bkZ5N84.jpg

Edited by McElMcNinja, 24 July 2018 - 03:03 AM.

Iron Sage

Iron Sage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,335 posts

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a plague buss ? I am guessing a rhino with marines and a biologus for blight grenades, but you could possibly refer to something else.

Edit: Oh, and that is a very sexy knight!

Edited by Iron Sage, 05 August 2018 - 10:26 PM.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Thank you.

You are correct about the bus, a bunch of PM's jump out with the characters and start throwing stuff, then charge in to finish the unit off. It's expensive coming in around 470 points, so not leaving them out in the open after their initial attack is key to keep them around.
  • Iron Sage likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users