GK for Kill Team and non standard units for mid level play

Prot

Probably true. I basically set my models up to have a ( mostly) magnetized back pack system. It’s not perfect and if handled wrong they can move or even be accidentally pulled off but I really like the flexibility.

I think if I can find any excuse to paint more of these guys I’ll use it. The rules might allow some inclusions down the road. Perhaps if this gets big enough we could see a lot of unit and wargear expansion.

I’ll probably start by running a campaign with GK , DW or AdMech ( have to see the rules). And I’ll participate in the local GW campaign if they have one.

My ‘trick’ might be to tell myself to paint a larger model with every 2 to 3 Killteam models. So, 2-3 strikes and a Stormtalon, etc etc.

Kil Team might work as a slow grow for me which would be really nice for finishing up the army.

Harlequins got only one unit choice, so I expect GK to have only 1 too. 

Don't harlequins only have a single infantry unit to choose from anyway? They aren't going to pick characters or vehicles. We have 4 different infantry units to pick from. I'd expect them to include purgation squad members as a choice if you take a special weapon. Would allow separate rules and costs from regular strike members for easier balancing.

Don't harlequins only have a single infantry unit to choose from anyway? They aren't going to pick characters or vehicles. We have 4 different infantry units to pick from. I'd expect them to include purgation squad members as a choice if you take a special weapon. Would allow separate rules and costs from regular strike members for easier balancing.

It shows that it is possible to have only 1 unit for a faction. Since no 2+ armor and no jump infantry, only strikes, purifiers and purgators left. There is zero difference between strikes and purgators besides heavy weapons number and purifiers just has +1 ld and other simter rule. I doubt greatly they will be included. 

Until now no one got massive heavy weapons. So I don’t expect see purgators. For the same reason purifiers are unlikely because of their 2 (even 4 if you can play 10 man on PA) heavy weapons.

Probably we’ll get only one unit

Until now no one got massive heavy weapons. So I don’t expect see purgators. For the same reason purifiers are unlikely because of their 2 (even 4 if you can play 10 man on PA) heavy weapons.

Tau get Stealth Suits T4/W2/3+, -1 to hit, Burst Cannons and Jet Packs. 

I wouldn't want to rule any of the GK infantry units out at this stage

Tau get Stealth Suits T4/W2/3+, -1 to hit, Burst Cannons and Jet Packs. 

I wouldn't want to rule any of the GK infantry units out at this stage

Not to mention probably Fusion Blaster since 1 in 3 Stealth Suits can take them. Also Pathfinder with Rail Rifles (30" Rapid fire 1 S6 AP-4 D1d3 + 1MW on a wound roll of 6) tho to be fair Pathfinder are super squishy with their T3 Sv5+. ^^

I'm curious to see if the Psychic phase will really be a thing in this Kill Team edition.

I hope so. It'll show that GW have spent some time with this version of Kill Team and not just another copy 'n paste of the previous version.

Quite optimistic about Kill Team this time around, may end up being my way back into 40k after 8th ed wasn't quite the revolution that was promised (for me, anyway)

Over in the Kill team thread in the N&R forum, a french video with some leaks of as of yet unrevealed factions has shown GKs as only having a single datasheet: 'Grey Knight'.

All according to a poster who translated it apparently so take with salt etc.

Edit: 'Datasheet' rather than 'unit'.

It shows that it is possible to have only 1 unit for a faction. Since no 2+ armor and no jump infantry, only strikes, purifiers and purgators left. There is zero difference between strikes and purgators besides heavy weapons number and purifiers just has +1 ld and other simter rule. I doubt greatly they will be included. 

I don't think that they will have more than Strike Squads, just that it would make sense to have two unit entries if you need to balance the special weapon wielders.

I was shocked to see a Codex as wide and varied as Chaos just got two units. Cultist and chaos marine.

I think ‘Grey Knight’ could be good enough if there’s a large pile of configuration options it could work. Essentially they’re done mg the same thing with Chaos but they’ll have a cheap option which Grey Knights as we know GK are never getting.

If GK get one data sheet with options for Psychics, lots of CC options and Stormbolters are a given. Sprinkle in some special or heavy weapons and I’d be okay.

If games are capped at 100 points, at least for matched, gk will be the lowest model count barring some points drops. Not that we’d get a lot, but having 5 guys would be a good base.

Don't forget that there are also kill teams possible like 4 Lictors or 4 Stealth Suits. ;)

That is of course assuming the points values are worked the same as 40k. Which being an entirely stand alone game they may be completely different. Unless they have all been leaked already and I'm out of the loop?

Archived