GK for Kill Team and non standard units for mid level play

Prot

206 pts exactly

Yeah, checked it, 206 roughly.

Personally I’d try it.

Yeah, I'd try it too against deathwatch and SM. I don't even say taking him will ruin a game. But he is a handicap, not a benefit. This time, even his rules are OK, but his cost should be 20 points less to fit another gunner. He may be strong, but even cheapish autarch buffs his entire army for 2 CP. More psychic powers are nice, but in most cases (against SM army is for sure) throwing a mortal wound is the best choice.

And yes, they gave Eldar deepstrike option.

What's wrong with you, GW, seriuously?

Unless the points in Battlescribe are wrong, it's 98 for the team, and 102 for the bro champ, so 200.

Which, according to my codex are right:

Justicar - 19

Grey Knights gunner 19 x2

Grey Knight 18 x 2

Total - 93

Psilencer + 3 for 96

Psycannon +2 for 98.

My codex has stormbolters and swords as 0 pts.

A terrible idea? I think that’s a pretty strong statement. It could be fun and in the right matchups I’m seeing some of these low model count armies do very well. There’s always going to be games where random dice are going to make life difficult.

Personally I’d try it. The Deathwatch are my most difficult Kill Team to win with for that reason ( I personally don’t like the Watchmaster commander) but it’s a very fun force to try. I e come up with some unique builds that make the game more interesting at times and can really throw some opponents a curve ball.

It's all just based on personal experience of course but do far I've seen low model count teams struggle more than other teams and especially GK teams. Spending about 100 points for a single other model that most likely won't be as durable and as damaging as it has to be to replace 5 GK models isn't exactly helping there.

Of course that doesn't mean people shouldn't try it out that people can't have fun using one tho!

But why should I take one only model instead other 5? BroChamp doesn't worth as 5 GKs.

Because he is cool, his specializations are fun? Why should I take one Warboss when I could get 20 grots or 10 boys?

But why should I take one only model instead other 5? BroChamp doesn't worth as 5 GKs.

Because he is cool, his specializations are fun? Why should I take one Warboss when I could get 20 grots or 10 boys?

I have to agree. It may or may not be the most effective way to build the team but you gotta try it, have some fun with it.

I mean one of the most effective ways of playing a Chaos army is Abaddon surrounded by a 100 Cultists. Even if you told me I’d never lose a game, I’m not interested in such a one dimensional list.

A matter of taste, I guess. Personaly, I don't like when a model is more of a burden to the list, instead of contributing it. BroChamp cuts us to exectly two builds - you literally cannot include anything but justicar, 4 knights and falchions or psycannon. 

Gonna try him this week though.

I also wouldn't advice it even if it were possible. Thinking about my 100p T'au Kill Team I don't see myself having too much problem taking care of a single Grey Knight with a 4++ and a few more wounds, not to mention with a 200p team.

Archived