Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 713 posts

I'll jump the gun and set this thread up, inevitable it'll happen soon anyway!

I'm assuming at least some people are, like me, excited for Kill Team. I'm probably going to make a GSC's team first but obviously Guard are my favourite so a Guard team is going to happen.

What are peoples initial plans? Scions would be natural fit of course. I'm not sure my Praetorians are suitable for a sneaky covert Op's force... I hope you can take a Bullgryn!

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
My guess is we'll get guard, vets, stormies and ratlings. They seem to be the most natural fit. Bullgryns are quite possibly too big and don't fit the theme very well.

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts
  • Faction: 32nd Firedrakes
I agree with Harrow. Vets, guard and stormies. Not sure about ratlings.... part of me wants to see a platoon commander or commissar option since someone needs to lead the kill team. I plan to use my box of last chancers for my kill team, hopefully it is possible

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts

Leader could be a veteran or storm trooper sergeant, so far seems to be the way it's going (albeit we've only had admech and marine previews). Ratlings are small, stealthy and snipers, a perfect fit for kill team imo.

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts

preview is out tomorrow all!

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
Fingers crossed for Ratlings! I have s blister of them waiting for their turn in my painting queue. (It’s not a long queue, but it doesn’t move very fast...)

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts
So the faction focus is out and we get: guardsmen, stormtroopers and guardsmen with special weapons. A bit dissapointing and a missed opportunity for vets to shine imo.

Halfpint100

Halfpint100

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts

Faction focus:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Looks ok, will have to see what else in included in the main rules 

OtherKharon

OtherKharon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Gotta agree with Harrowmaster. Was hoping for some revived flavour for the beloved vets. And all I could think of when they wrote "all those custom regiments you ever wanted" was: You mean Victoria miniatures or Anvil industry?

Cause GW, you have guard in only two flavours now.

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 713 posts
I was a bit disappointed, hoping for the Bullgryn bodyguard but since no Terminators or Mega Armoured Nobz that’s not a surprise.

Really though, what else would we want? The guys will become Veterans in a campaign and that’s the full mix of heavy and special weapons right there.

Agreed that the 3rd party guys are going to be running their hands. Thinking I might do a 95th rifles style team.

They’ll have to wait until after my Genestealer cult and Orks with either top hats or a pirate theme. Got to love some bits of war!

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
Could be fun to try to recreate the Tanith Kill-Team on Gereon from Traitor General.

Alas, no Ratlings...
  • Halfpint100, OtherKharon and 4CIN87 like this

Mileposter

Mileposter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum
I'm happy to be able to field a full table of Scions more than the Vets, myself. This is the style of game that the Tempestus Fluff was meant for from my perspective: Veterans belong in the army, Tempestus belong in SpecOps.
  • walter h likes this

enyara144th.png

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 713 posts

Scions are the obvious choice for this, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a WW2 style Paratrooper or Rangers force for this. Lightly armoured troops backed up by a Heavy Bolter (Bren Gun) and a Mortar. Cue the Beret heads from my Scions being used and a suitable Bren gun found! Heavy Stubber (counting as a Heavy Bolter) would do nicely.

Assuming Heavy Weapons are in? They are mentioned in the article under orders. "Ensuring a heavy weapon hits", but in context they could be referring to Plasma Guns / grenade Launchers etc.

I'd be surprised if Heavy Weapons weren't in considering Cults have Heavy Stubbers / Mining Lasers etc and Orks have Lootas but

More excited for this than I though I'd be, GW sure know how to Hype a product now.

Bonzi

Bonzi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 506 posts

Gotta agree with Harrowmaster. Was hoping for some revived flavour for the beloved vets. And all I could think of when they wrote "all those custom regiments you ever wanted" was: You mean Victoria miniatures or Anvil industry?

Yup. My order is already in to Victoria Miniatures for 10 Svargan Shock Soldats with Kill Teams weapon sprues and cloak accessories.

I was sad to see no Ogryns but not surprised. Same with vets and ratlings.

I'm looking forward to scores of bog standard Guardsmen laying down their lives to protect the one fool running around with a nervous tic and an overcharged plasma gun.
  • duz_ and OtherKharon like this

Xeno

Necrons

Imperium

Astra/Tempestus Militarum - Vostroyans

Blood Angels - Hands of Sacrifice

Traitor Legions

Emperors Children - Making Noise Marines Scream

TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
I've been working on a penal legion type team in preparation for kill team for a while. Hopefully some of my choices won't be redundant.

Jam Master Flex

Jam Master Flex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts
I'm thinking of doing a kill team using some genestealer cult bits mixed with scions etc.

Definitely interested in this new version of kill team.
HsEd3xN.jpg

Lhorke The First

Lhorke The First

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

This may be a good opportunity to put together the Foreign Legion style regiment I've always wanted to do.

Or WW2 USMC. I don't know, there are too many options.

You wish to see a unified Twelfth Legion, yes? -Khârn

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
I wonder if Guardsmen will have the option to take shotguns. I converted GSC Neophytes into Veterans with shotguns, so would be nice to be able to field them in Kill-Team (though I suppose I could field them as GSC...).

OtherKharon

OtherKharon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Yup. My order is already in to Victoria Miniatures for 10 Svargan Shock Soldats with Kill Teams weapon sprues and cloak accessories.

I was sad to see no Ogryns but not surprised. Same with vets and ratlings.

I'm looking forward to scores of bog standard Guardsmen laying down their lives to protect the one fool running around with a nervous tic and an overcharged plasma gun.

They will go out in a blaze of glory. :D

And I love Vic's Svargans. Everytime I am looking at them I am torn whether I like them or Anvil's version more. Victoria always strikes me as a more classic approach, a glorious callback to the regiments we have grown to love and cannot get anymore. While Anvil is trying to do their own thing. Which I applaud. For whatever reason GW seems content to leave the field aside from their most popular factions to 3rd party suppliers (now with the renegades gone).

I hope especially Victoria and Anvil will capitalize on that and provide us with even more guard (and others) goodness.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users