Heresy FAQS - At Last!

Charlo

Hidden below the article about winning a Porphyron, FW dropped 3 FAQs for the HH. They are VERY extensive.

One for General stuff

One for Drop Pods

One for Custodes

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/.../Horus-Heresy-Drop...

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/.../Horus-Heresy...

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/.../Horus-Heresy...

Biggest takeout so far is that MARKSMEN VETERANS ARE GONE.

Why was the Drop Pod one needed and why does it not state if the doors count as part of the hull?

Because the most recent Dreadnought Drop Pod Rules were pure insanity, really ambiguous on if you could get out, stay in, shoot out and enemies gain shrouded or have to stand on the doors etc.

Now you just deploy, get shrouded, done.

Because they are on the model so part of the hull ;)

This errata does not make me want play Space Wolves any more than before. In fact, the only cool thing with the army, Russ, was nerfed and now we can't even get Great Frostblades with our sergeants. Should have known.

Ran

Does the terminator armour FAQ question allow Imperial Fists tartaros terminators to take storm shields now? Since they say that standard applies to all terminator armour unless a pattern is specifically mentioned, I understand they can be given shields now. If so, I think Slips is gonna be quite happy with it, if I recall correctly he had some shield tartaros that he could not longer use as is.

Is there any astartes unit with sniper left (except vigilator) anyway?

I'm not very sorry for sniper vets, but I know some people who will have a stroke when this f&q reaches them.

Ranwulf what's wrong with the wolves? I'am not a wolf player but this f&q makes things clearer at the very least.

Does the terminator armour FAQ question allow Imperial Fists tartaros terminators to take storm shields now? Since they say that standard applies to all terminator armour unless a pattern is specifically mentioned, I understand they can be given shields now. If so, I think Slips is gonna be quite happy with it, if I recall correctly he had some shield tartaros that he could not longer use as is.

According to the guy who wrote the FAQ, they've always been able to take them anyway - apparently.

Some good changes in here. Definitely favoring balance:

Vets are still too good, but loosing sniper helps. Legion champions are now worth taking. Seekers are solidified as a solid option thanks to the discount to their combi weapons. Apothecaries and aug scanners are big winners in here too- they no longer give up VP when killed and let you full-on intercept without range restrictions. Drop pods are no longer 'immobile'. Admech nef to vultrax was needed and expected. Sad to see Scoria nerfed the way he was, but it was also expected. Burning Retros was also clarified and it's the one a few of us have been pushing all along.

Big loosers are cult hordes who no longer get zealot. The boarding shield nerf is also a bit heavy handed as it's now dead weight wargear few people will take. Obligatory IW player pert nerf complaint (naturally they ignored the things that needed the balance, such as his deadweight robot boyfriends or destroyers).

Nice to see the clarification on Compulsory Troops in RoWs (so I can run a SW Recon Company or so).

Loss of Marksman Vets is gonna hurt a lot of people's lists but they did seem to good for their points.

Shame there was no change to OA to explicitly allow infiltrators to do just that.

This errata does not make me want play Space Wolves any more than before. In fact, the only cool thing with the army, Russ, was nerfed and now we can't even get Great Frostblades with our sergeants. Should have known.

Ran

The FAQ opened numerous RoW to the Wolves and gave the Priests initiative 5.

Russ normally drops his foe in one go so losing the additional minus isn't game breaking for me.

Yeah, I modelled my two current Huscarls with Great Frost Blades but I sort of expected it not to be the intention so will readily change them (means it'll be easier to magnetise the arms too).

Priests at I5 is good, as is confirmation that we're not capped at 3k points. :)

Honestly Sniper Vets went from "Wow those are too good not to use" all the way to "why in gods name would I use these?"

My worry is that Astartes lost a great tool for dealing with Mechanicum and Custodes.

Are you kidding? Vets are still the best infantry in the game outside custodes. It's their cheap cost + combi weapons + outflank that make them so good. Only the margin of how much better they are has decreased.

It never made sense that the Astartes' answer to big scary robots would be nothing fancier than experienced tactical marines with boltguns. I'm fine with the change. Scout is really good anyway; they're still underpriced, imo.

Deredeos got shafted; none of the pods can take them. Not sure if they're counting Mortises within the Legion Dreadnought or Legion Contemptor Dreadnought types, but they specifically allow Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnoughts in the drop pod variants and didn't do the same for Mortises. Are they also forced to walk?

Sekhmets can't "choose" powers anymore, but they can pick any discipline so I think they're going to be more overpowered than before.

No more fearless rending cult hordes. I think fearless should never be used on hordes for game mechanic purposes, nor on humans for fluff purposes, so I'm happy about that.

Custodes's shields are +1 to their invulnerable save, which is softer than getting to reroll it. Saggitarum Guard are a lot better now.

It doesn't feel like a comprehensive FAQ but I'll take it.

Sekhmet got nerfed big. Their power came from Levitation being a sure thing that obviates their need for any sort of transport, without that they’re substantially weaker. And if you’re not taking Magnus you’re locked into your Praetor’s Arcana as well which can be real crummy.

Archived