Heresy FAQS - At Last!

Charlo

Great stuff so far, Custodes did take a hit they needed to take. Unfortunately we didn't get what we really need which is a points rebalancing, which we'll probably get around 2020.

Cusodes are still 25% undercosted imo, and 1ks still need to take a hit (hopefully with the new psychic stuff in book 8 is going to address that).

All in all, all of this is a good start :D 

Not entirely sure why they reduced Valdors' base attacks to 4, especially as the Shield Captain still has 5 base, but apart from that I'm pretty pleased.

Not entirely sure why they reduced Valdors' base attacks to 4, especially as the Shield Captain still has 5 base, but apart from that I'm pretty pleased.

That's way too much bling to have you retain all your mobility ;)

99560108197_ConstantinValdor01.jpg

That's way too much bling to have you retain all your mobility :wink:

99560108197_ConstantinValdor01.jpg

I can't deny that. It just struck me as a slightly odd change, I didn't think the consensus was that Valdor needed a nerf. It would have made more sense for the Shield Captain to have had his base attacks reduced, at least to me.

Pretty content with the FaQ. A thing a few havent mentioned yet is that the Narthecium was changed to only affect models with the Legiones Astartes rule aka Primus Medicae accompanying a Primarch no longer gives them FNP.

there's still no reason for varagyr to ever take frost swords over claws....

"Still no reason for varagyr" you mean?

Pretty content with the FaQ. A thing a few havent mentioned yet is that the Narthecium was changed to only affect models with the Legiones Astartes rule aka Primus Medicae accompanying a Primarch no longer gives them FNP.

Missed that in my skimming, bummer there.

AHAHAHAHAHA THE AETOS DIOS WAS FAQ TO HAVING TRANSPORT CAPACITY 40!

It also got pretty much every thunderhawk upgrade included too apart from the flare shield and ramjet diffraction grid whilst being a flat 700 points ( in addition to dorns 385 to take it).

Nice, Slips.

I hope you enjoy the terror you will likely instill in others playing that thing.

Personally I think the Wolves went from, "What are we supposed to take?" to, "Oh, THAT's how our lists are built. I'ma make a killer <choose personal favorite RoW> slaughterfest!"

Yep, the Vlka came out ahead with this one. There's some hopeful oversights in the grand scheme of things, but still, all told, there's no reason to me to think the VIth Legion is somehow still hurting. Clarity of how to build a force seriously was needed; glad it's here now!

Now it would be a real shame if a named primus medicae existed without those restrictions. ;)

Now it would be a real shame if a named primus medicae existed without those restrictions. ;)

If its intentional: awesome. Otherwise, enjoy it while it lasts :p

And if you’re not taking Magnus you’re locked into your Praetor’s Arcana as well which can be real crummy.

Only if you’re playing Guard of the Crimson King (because they’re then compulsory troops) without Magnus, which would seem unusual.

Good point about having to pay for a transport now.

Out of curiosity do these errata prevent Dreadnought Talons of multiple models in OA lists? I'm almost certain they could all be bought Pods previously.

The OA changes supersedes the dreadnought talon restrictions and, as such, should still be doable thing.

Lovely, thanks Slips. I'm away from my books for the week so was working from memory. I mean I don't see it as a massive issue anyway given I've a single Dread at 2500 points and only two Elites slots used but you never know.

It's neat that Legion Dreadnoughts can take regular Drop Pods as DTs now, even though the MkIV Dreads all went LCTB. Boxnaughts might be somewhat useful for being cheap, poddable Grav again!

Nice, Slips.

I hope you enjoy the terror you will likely instill in others playing that thing.

Personally I think the Wolves went from, "What are we supposed to take?" to, "Oh, THAT's how our lists are built. I'ma make a killer <choose personal favorite RoW> slaughterfest!"

Yep, the Vlka came out ahead with this one. There's some hopeful oversights in the grand scheme of things, but still, all told, there's no reason to me to think the VIth Legion is somehow still hurting. Clarity of how to build a force seriously was needed; glad it's here now!

The only good things from that FAQ are the fact we now have clarity on the RoW that can be used plus we can take Geigor and Hvarl as compulsary HQ's but NOT the Wolf-Kin.

Varagyr are still massively overcosted for 1 wound terminators when compared to other elite units like Sekmet, Justaerin etc... Really need a points drop or a wound increase to be even vaguely worth taking.

HQ units (independent characters) still cannot run with Slayers because they do not have warriors mettle or any way to access it. Minor annoyance is Grey Slayer huscarls losing access t the great frost blade, plus a number of other unresolved issues

Overall it's been a quality FAQ and Anuj has knocked it out of the park clarifying all of the weird rules and wording from the past few years.

Sniper Vets is a big, bit good change as it also makes things like Banestrike more attractive, which were previously dead in the water.

Enjoying the Custodes changes (as a player of one) and hoping this means people will feel they are more balanced on the table. As others have said though I'm baffled why Valdor lost an attack... Solarite Claws going to S7 makes them pretty gnarly Automata hunters and supreme Marine Mulchers.

1KSons no longer casting on a 3+... I'm torn about this, they are meant to be the masters of the warp and having them cast Thier chosen arcana on a 3+ was fine and I think it would've been so considering they are locked to it now (awesome fluffy change!)

Legion Champions now the real MVPs too with PARAGON BLADES.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the changes :) 

Veterans losing Sniper was needed and Seekers having the cost of combi-weapons reduced to 5pts is fantastic.

As an Emperor's Children player I'm most pleased by the change to the Legion Champion giving him access to a Paragon Blade. The Champion is super fluffy for the IIIrd Legion and a Paragon Blade will make the Maru Skara champion "tax" far more bearable.

Wait. The Wolf priest have their own rule called Healing Balms. Does that mean that Russ now is actually able to have Feel No Pain? If thats the case...it becomes more interesting to play the Wolves.

Ran

Nice to see I was right about chainaxes.

Lol don’t poke that sleeping bear :P I still remember that argument going back to 2012...dang I feel old now.

Also:

Y’ALL CAN SUCK MY DARK ANGELS CHAMPION NOW B)

Mastercrafted WS6 paragon blade with mastery of the blade and stasis shells yee haw.

I’m happy the MoS got a buff and sniper vets got squished. Still going to use them but with a different buff now for my SoH. Horus already confers outflank and Death Dealers on combi weapons is still nasty. Maybe start experimenting with banestrike shells too. Happy about the breacher shield majority thing becoming a rule as that ticked me off to no end.

My two WIP sword-wielding Legion Champions are certainly much happier chaps now, and makes them fearsome in challenges!

About the sniper veterans issue, funny that they seemed to change their minds. Actually, the "always wounding on a 4+" sniper mechanic, while not making any realistic sense, acted as a bit of a balancing mechanism, as if you wanted the ability to wound everything, you lost on versatility by nerfing most special weapons and combiweapons. Now that they have altered the rule to make sense again, they just remove it from the main source of controversy.

Archived