Heresy FAQS - At Last!

Charlo

kSons kind of break the game  because psychic phase is not a big part of any other army. It is just like how Mechanicum breaks the game because they have all monsters and multi-wound models with FNP and/or invulnerable saves... that is a huge advantage against Marine armies where all their walkers, tanks and transports can be one-shotted. These are a couple reasons why I prefer to play 8th edition now.

kSons kind of break the game because psychic phase is not a big part of any other army. It is just like how Mechanicum breaks the game because they have all monsters and multi-wound models with FNP and/or invulnerable saves... that is a huge advantage against Marine armies where all their walkers, tanks and transports can be one-shotted. These are a couple reasons why I prefer to play 8th edition now.

To be fair. I’ve run my 1k sons against a word bearers army led by Lorgar that generated more warp charges than me, but then I try and keep my warp charges to a minimum unless I’m in a super competitive game (tournaments pretty much), but even then it’s balanced, your armies tend to be smaller than most of you really want to abuse the psychic abilities of the 1k sons.

As a 1k sons player I’m kinda disappointed they didn’t nerf Magnus. I don’t use him simply because I feel he is too OP, which is a shame, I’d love to be able to use my primarch without feeling like I’m running a near auto-win switch. Overall though I’m happy with the changes, I can’t wait to have a game and see how they go!

kSons kind of break the game because psychic phase is not a big part of any other army. It is just like how Mechanicum breaks the game because they have all monsters and multi-wound models with FNP and/or invulnerable saves... that is a huge advantage against Marine armies where all their walkers, tanks and transports can be one-shotted. These are a couple reasons why I prefer to play 8th edition now.

Because 8th is a balancing wonderland where no op broken :cuss exist, of course. -_-

I seldom do it but now I call BS.

Besides not the MC are the problem but the MEQ erasing Myrmidons.

Apparently Legion Dreadnoughts in Drop Pods even without OA are a thing now. Looks like they finally got their niche.

Really? I'm not quite following, yes it says in the Errata that they are a dedicated transport for Legion lists but I'm pretty sure they only open up the option when taking OA. If not that's pretty cool and I'll be bummed I missed out on the FW Ven Dread.

And the Deathstorm can be worth it in an OA list if you can't physically fit anything else due to points haha.

Apparently Legion Dreadnoughts in Drop Pods even without OA are a thing now. Looks like they finally got their niche.

Really? I'm not quite following, yes it says in the Errata that they are a dedicated transport for Legion lists but I'm pretty sure they only open up the option when taking OA. If not that's pretty cool and I'll be bummed I missed out on the FW Ven Dread.

And the Deathstorm can be worth it in an OA list if you can't physically fit anything else due to points haha.

Yupp, page three in the general section. Dreadgnoughts have Drop Pods as dedicated transports now.

Nice catch Gorgoff, hadn’t noticed that one. Not sure why you would ever buy a dreadnought drop pod for them now, 65 points essentially for one turn of being shrouded.....

Admittedly it wasn't my catch.

Someone told me as well. ;)

And yeah, now we got a very cheap way to put two Grav-Guns into enemy lines.

Two grav guns are not much unfortunately and it's still quite a point investment. Box dreads are still weak sadly, av12 and bs4 really doesn't cut it for me. Mayby if they were better they wouldn't go LCTB way some time ago hehe.

Then give it a Flamestorm Cannon and toast things. They're not awesome but it is still a Dreadnought in your opponents backfield for 160~ish points. Add two Dreadclaws with nasty elements in them and drop two of these three turn one. The benefit of one cheap Dreadnought in a Pod may be that and that alone sometimes but sometimes that is enough.

You could add a Termite which risis the number of deep striking units turn one to three.

Got to test out my death storms this past weekend in a 3k Orbital Assault list. They easily made their points back even though one was intercepted before it could do much.

That said, they new Augery Scanner changes are a bit...nuts.

In what way are they nuts?

Got to test out my death storms this past weekend in a 3k Orbital Assault list. They easily made their points back even though one was intercepted before it could do much.

That said, they new Augery Scanner changes are a bit...nuts.

In what way are they nuts?

For 5 points the character with this item and any unit this character is attached to gains the interceptor special rule with out any of the previous provisions and without any range limitation.

Apothecary in an Iron Havoc Squad? You betcha

Archived