thinking about making fallen Deathwatch: but which God fits?

cultist forces would probably be humans rescued from Xenos threats that have been recruited/volunteered to repay their debt to these Deathwatch once they've fallen far enough to be dleared trators/heritics and thus no longer getting new supplies from the Imperium proper.

heck many might not even know they're being recruited into an unholy force at first; after all how much does your average Imperial citizen know about the Adeptus Astartes? that they are the holy warriors/angels of death of the Emperor? the chaotic powers wielded in battle could be seen as divine intervention, and they'd technically be right.

I recall a quote in one of the Macharius books where some imperial guardsmen are laughing at the idea of corrupted space Marines. These weren't bog standard guardsmen either. They were bodyguards for Lord Solar Macharius himself. So yeah, the average citizen knows pretty much nothing.

so, I've been thinking about how I'll be pianting these Chaos Deathwatch, more spacifically their iconic left shoulder pads and arm.

Khorne: brass with blood

Nurgle: rusty with puss/goo

Tzeetch: glowy magic

but I can't think of what to do for the Slaneeshi members; bling it up with solid gold? rainbow colors(was hoping to save that for the body itself)?

I want to try and keep it metallic at least, any seggestions?

Look into getting some cheap nail powders. Base black, mix the powder with some gloss medium and thin to taste, and you can get all sorts of cool effects. I'm playing with a kit I got on Amazon with like 7 sample sized (but still more than I need) bits for a range of colors. They end up looking like sparkly coloured chrome, pretty much perfect for a metallic Slaanesh idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived