Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inquisition Acolyte Weapon Choice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 490 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

What weapon do you prefer for your Inquisitorial Acolytes?

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
SB to keep them cheap

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,019 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
Bolters for points, plasma for power levels.

hammer grimblood

hammer grimblood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts
What do you guys use for your bolters and stormbolters? I’d love to find some bolters with extra handles or straps for regular acolytes to hold.

sml_gallery_79710_12195_5745.png sml_gallery_79710_12195_5833.pngsml_gallery_79710_12195_3274.jpg ETL 2016 Banner 03 Custos Fidei01

+Chaplain Matthias+

+Chaplain Matthias+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 189 posts
I just use space marine arms without the shoulder pad. The little shoulder thing becomes a pretty nice human sized shoulder pad.
  • Montford likes this

x9v5I15.jpg

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 490 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

I have 20 acolytes to arm and I want to thank you all for your reassuring responses: I was about to equip them with Bolters when I thought I'd hold off a bit and see if the community had an idea which hadn't occurred to me. Bolters it is!

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Inquisitor Red

Inquisitor Red

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts

I use storm bolters, they hit on a 4+ and are supposed to soak wounds for your inquisitor so they shouldn't be holding anything pricey in my opinion. Regular bolters are fine as well, but sense acolytes miss 50% of the time I like higher number of dice the storm bolter puts out so they have a higher percentage of doing damage. 

As far as models go like stated above I use regular space marine arms without sholder pads. Grey Knight arms with storm bolters do a good job, and cheap tact marine arms do the same for regular boltguns. 

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,720 posts
  • Faction: Inquisition
I believe anvil industry has some decent storm bolters (http://anvilindustry...tols/Double-Tap) although I've not used them. I use space marine bolters with Cadian arms myself, or scout arms/bolters. As with others the bolter or Storm bolter load out are the most cost effective. Although in power level games I like to go crazy with funky fluffy combos like power maul and needle pistol for the non-lethal stun/capture load out, combi weapons for cool factor, etc.
  • hammer grimblood likes this

Angels Sorrowful, my Blood Angels Successor Chapter: WIP Thread (update 07/10/16 Two Tactical Squads Complete) and Brotherhood of Angels Entry
gallery_30308_9518_3306.pnggallery_30308_9518_1992.pnggallery_30308_9518_5480.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_Medal_03.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_4664_11830_5080.jpggallery_62972_10568_20441.jpgETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users