Battlescribe 101: how to add FW stuff to your lists

Dosjetka

Neat little thing I just came across and didn't know about before. Thanks, @Ipsen!

Apologies if you already know this but if you nest them and use the merged force layout they'll be displayed as one detachment.

ZdwYNzU.png

zkTnFXJ.png

Also works on mobile: you have to add the FW "detachment" to an existing detachment and not "Roster".

All credit to @Ipsen!

This works for all sorts of things, not just FW additions. But yes, just make sure it's a child of your main detachment and not a separate stand-alone detachment (like you'd do for a Vanguard detachment etc...) :tu:

Unless it's been fixed, it's best to have the FW Adeptus Astartes as your parent Detachment and then add your flavour in. Doing it this way stops Battlescribe complaining that you haven't enough normal Datasheets to balance out the Relic rule ones.

HOLY MONKEY!!! THANK YOU! After all this time I can have a clean looking roster with my FW goodies!

I was trying to figure this out on the app I use on my phone and ipad! I do not have any pictures but if you follow the steps like you said (make the FW roster a child of you main one) then you go to the menu option on the top right of the screen, click 'force navigation' and select 'merge'.

It doesn't seem to work for me. Adeptus Ministorum doesn't have a fliers subheading and the only way to add an Avenger is via the Air wing detachment. And for that, I'd need three to fulfil the detachment :(

@Dragonlover Thank the rest of the gang, I can’t take the credit. I basically just copied their homework and made it look different haha. I am happy though to have a nice roster. I had been making a unbound detachment of FW goodies to calculate the cost in.

@Aqui, if you make the adeptus ministorum first then add the Astra Militarum under it and merge it should show up. I just tried it on my phone and it added in flyers.

Now if I could get the HH stuff from crashing this app every time I try to use it...

Huh ... I thought I was dumb because I figured that out only by accident. I kinda thought everyone already knew about it and it's just me who didn't. :D

I’m kinda new to BattleScribe - anyone know why the data file authors chop up files like this? It seems...ill-fitting for 8th Ed.

Because it's probably easier to maintain. Especially when there are several different people working on each file. The files are entirley fanmade after all.

Archived