Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlescribe 101: how to add FW stuff to your lists

Battlescribe app

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,484 posts

Neat little thing I just came across and didn't know about before. Thanks, Ipsen!

Apologies if you already know this but if you nest them and use the merged force layout they'll be displayed as one detachment.

ZdwYNzU.png

zkTnFXJ.png

Also works on mobile: you have to add the FW "detachment" to an existing detachment and not "Roster".

All credit to Ipsen!

• Cpt_Reaper, hushrong and Brother Adelard like this

+ ETL VI Oathbreaker +

"Suffer not the Heretic to live."

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Sacred Rose

This works for all sorts of things, not just FW additions. But yes, just make sure it's a child of your main detachment and not a separate stand-alone detachment (like you'd do for a Vanguard detachment etc...) :tu:

• hushrong likes this

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,090 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

That's awesome :D Thank you both.

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,669 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Unless it's been fixed, it's best to have the FW Adeptus Astartes as your parent Detachment and then add your flavour in. Doing it this way stops Battlescribe complaining that you haven't enough normal Datasheets to balance out the Relic rule ones.

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:3
1250 Death Company List (jump)  W:0 D:0 L:1
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:0 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:1
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0

Centurion Jay

Centurion Jay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 936 posts
  • Faction: XIIIth Legion - Ultramarines
Thanks for this, been trying to figure it out for months!

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,760 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

HOLY MONKEY!!! THANK YOU! After all this time I can have a clean looking roster with my FW goodies!

I was trying to figure this out on the app I use on my phone and ipad! I do not have any pictures but if you follow the steps like you said (make the FW roster a child of you main one) then you go to the menu option on the top right of the screen, click 'force navigation' and select 'merge'.

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,774 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Hushrong you absolute legend! Been wondering how to do that for months!

Dragonlover

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,321 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
It doesn't seem to work for me. Adeptus Ministorum doesn't have a fliers subheading and the only way to add an Avenger is via the Air wing detachment. And for that, I'd need three to fulfil the detachment :(

Edited by Aqui, 11 July 2018 - 09:19 PM.

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,760 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
@Dragonlover Thank the rest of the gang, I can’t take the credit. I basically just copied their homework and made it look different haha. I am happy though to have a nice roster. I had been making a unbound detachment of FW goodies to calculate the cost in.

@Aqui, if you make the adeptus ministorum first then add the Astra Militarum under it and merge it should show up. I just tried it on my phone and it added in flyers.

Now if I could get the HH stuff from crashing this app every time I try to use it...

Edited by hushrong, 12 July 2018 - 12:30 AM.

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,058 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

This is so great! I like to run my contemptor with FW rules sometimes and never really bothered because I couldn't figure out how to do it for 8th.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,398 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Huh ... I thought I was dumb because I figured that out only by accident. I kinda thought everyone already knew about it and it's just me who didn't. :D

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,123 posts
  • Faction: The Aurora Chapter
I’m kinda new to BattleScribe - anyone know why the data file authors chop up files like this? It seems...ill-fitting for 8th Ed.

rwgf_bannerlogo.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,398 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I’m kinda new to BattleScribe - anyone know why the data file authors chop up files like this? It seems...ill-fitting for 8th Ed.

Because it's probably easier to maintain. Especially when there are several different people working on each file. The files are entirley fanmade after all.

• Lexington likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users