Machine Killer Vets vs Tactical Support Squad

Hfran Morkai

Hi guys, just a quick one.

Which do you feel is more useful:

5 man Vet squad, Machine Killers, Meltabombs 4x Combi-Melta, Meltagun

Or 5 man Tactical Support squad; Meltagun Meltabombs on Sergeant?

They work out the same cost, now the Tactical Support squad obviously has 5 Meltaguns each turn but only the Sergeant carrying Meltabombs which could be an issue if he gets sniped.

The Veterans only have one dedicated Meltagun and four situational ones, however everyone is carrying Meltabombs and I can give the Sergeant a Thunder Hammer/Power Fist if I want to, they also get an additional +1 to Armour Penetration due to Machine Killers. I'm thinking that might actually tip it in their favour, given the short range of Melta anyway and Armoured Ceramite making them basically lascannons

For what it's worth I'll be using an Orbital Assault List and sticking a Master of Signal with the unit. I also fully intend on owning both units down the line (I would like at least one squad of each major permutation in my collection). Cheers

Clearly Veterans, even though multi-bombing isn't a thing anymore (once again).

Correct. But it does mean if someone manages to take out the Sergeant they can still attack with Meltabombs, until the unit is wiped out.

Yah Vets for sure!

Most things like Tac support squads will get one round of shooting before they're blown off the board - best to make them vets and make it count with tank hunters etc.

Clearly Veterans, even though multi-bombing isn't a thing anymore (once again).

....Whaaaaat?! What changed....?

Archived