Plasma in the Stormbolter meta

Mobius0288

I don't disagree about the combi-plasma, but with all the lists I have made, I have had to account for almost every point and a storm bolter is only 4 points. I would love all combis but then I would have to loose either my missle launchers with my stalkers or models from my teleporting Primaris kill teams.

If you are going for just plasma then have a serious look at running a Hellblaster squad - they are one of the best units in the SM codex.

Heh.  And if youre looking at running Helblasters, have a look at Fortis kill teams.  It greatly shores up all of their weaknesses.

I am running five Intercessors with two plasma Inceptors.

Idk, I kinda feel a second inceptor of any flavor is just overcosted for what it brings.  Fall back and shoot is worth the points hike, but only barely.  I've had pretty awesome plays with 5 HB in a FKT, and only once been at all inconvenienced by getting locked in melee.  When i need to shave points, the helblaster teams inceptor is one of the first things to go

I don't disagree about the combi-plasma, but with all the lists I have made, I have had to account for almost every point and a storm bolter is only 4 points. I would love all combis but then I would have to loose either my missle launchers with my stalkers or models from my teleporting Primaris kill teams.

Yeah, if you're already getting the plasma fix from teleporting Primaris, stick with that.

If you are going for just plasma then have a serious look at running a Hellblaster squad - they are one of the best units in the SM codex.

I agree with you, that's why I didn't include Hellblasters in the initial topic... for DW the best tactic seems to be putting 5 intercessors and 5 hellblasters together and deep strike, no question. It handles all varieties of threats but it really needs to prioritize vehicles (T7 & T8) and such first.

Regular plasma should not target them unless you need to chip off those 1 or 2 wounds for the kill. It's also cheaper in a sense that I can sprinkle a couple in a storm bolter squad and still have something effective.

I've got a list I'll post up in the Army list side in a bit, and I'll link it for reference to this topic.... - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/349122-dw-2000-plasma-focus-experiment/

Archived