Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sector Mechanicus "Game Board"

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 386 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, Deathwatch, IK

I saw the release prices for the Sector Mechanicus expansion set and the description of "Game Board".

http://natfka.blogsp...elease.html?m=1

Please tell me that's the board AND the terrain? It would be a good deal then but for just the board...

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Yes, that's the killzone box. This is the quote on killzones from the Warhammer community site -

"To help you make the most of terrain in your games, we’re making it simpler than ever to collect with a brand new kind of expansion – Killzones. These are your one-stop shop for scenery, each containing a double-sided board, a full set of terrain and unique Tactics, all for less than getting the items inside separately."

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 386 posts

That's good then, the scenery alone is 87.50 from what I can tell.

Alchomite Stack 30, Ferratonic Incinerator 35 and some Plasma Conduits 22.50.

That's not even including the extra items.

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,771 posts
  • Faction: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ
Shame the board is a wierd size. It would have been nice to be able to combine them to make a full-scale 40K board.

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

xgD8FLE.png1cuUYGd.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,286 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Is the skitarii kit unique to the game?

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,401 posts

Is the skitarii kit unique to the game?

I don't know for certain but I strongly doubt it.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,286 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Ah, it just said the plastic was colored, so that made me wonder. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,554 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

The colored sprues will  be like the Lost Patrol game - standard WH40K sprues in different colors so that players can start playing right after assembling the minis, having differently colored armies without having to paint the models.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 386 posts

I really have no need for another set of Vanguard/Rangers but I don't think you can get the cards and book separately :S

ZaelART

ZaelART

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
The core book is available separately, I’m spending a lot of time contemplating which way to go. I don’t really have any scenery so it all sounds good.

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 511 posts
I'd like to see some if these killzone prints available in larger extended full sized 40k sizes. The only thing that stopped me from picking up the Moon Base Klais set was that I didn't like the design of the print, but some of the new killzone prints are fantastic. If they combined the designs of the former with the size of the latter, with some plastic terrain as well I'd definitely buy. I will however definitely be getting the sector mechanics killzone box along with the kill team boxed set in the next few months as I can see myself playing a fair bit of killteam in between the odd 40k game every blue moon.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jings

Jings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

I'd like to see some if these killzone prints available in larger extended full sized 40k sizes. The only thing that stopped me from picking up the Moon Base Klais set was that I didn't like the design of the print

Moonbase Klassius has a fairly blank badlands print on the other side which works better. Only problem with them is they're not full 6x4 but instead some weirder smaller size which was a bummer to find out.

Board quality is great tho

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 824 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

I'd like to see some if these killzone prints available in larger extended full sized 40k sizes. The only thing that stopped me from picking up the Moon Base Klais set was that I didn't like the design of the print

Moonbase Klassius has a fairly blank badlands print on the other side which works better. Only problem with them is they're not full 6x4 but instead some weirder smaller size which was a bummer to find out.

Not "weirder size" but actually standard dining table size.

I like that they're embracing the idea not every gamer has a dedicated gaming space.

Rik

• Petitioner's City likes this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Jings

Jings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Not "weirder size" but actually standard dining table size.

I like that they're embracing the idea not every gamer has a dedicated gaming space.

Rik

We had a large dining table, and it was still significantly wider than it. Wound up building a folding 6x4 board so I could use all four boards.

But I'm in the UK where houses and furniture are pretty small so YMMV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users