Brotherhood of the Shattered Moon. A White Scars plog.

Johanhgg

• 3 weeks later...

That is fantastic. Again you've helped inspire me to do my own.

I do have the recipe figured out. I think mine turn out definitely a few shades darker, but I still love this look as well. I think the new Primaris stuff in particular just really shows well in any  of these brighter colours. That's a great start on the squad. :tu:

That is fantastic. Again you've helped inspire me to do my own.

I do have the recipe figured out. I think mine turn out definitely a few shades darker, but I still love this look as well. I think the new Primaris stuff in particular just really shows well in any of these brighter colours. That's a great start on the squad. :tu:

Great! Thats one of the reasons we are here, to inspire and help eachother! This has always been a quiet part of the BoC-forum, but Im happy to see there are more sons of Jaghatai at work!

Since Im ”working” from home i have a lot of hobby-time. Ive blocked in most of the colours on these intercessors, inceptors, the reiver, biker and my 30k praetor/40k chapter champion. Tomorrow its time for the varnish and oilwashes.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/941DC96277E64BC48C8E.jpeg

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/89FB5258A6E84CA8AF06.jpeg

That's looking really sharp with the reds. It reminds me I should do a bit more of the red lightning motif to my own dudes. So far I'm just really enjoying the uniqueness of the White Scars' Incursor.  What have you armed your Intercessors with? I started out with Bolt Rifles, but I'm now putting together an Auto bolter squad.

Edited by Prot

That's looking really sharp with the reds. It reminds me I should do a bit more of the red lightning motif to my own dudes. So far I'm just really enjoying the uniqueness of the White Scars' Incursor. What have you armed your Intercessors with? I started out with Bolt Rifles, but I'm now putting together an Auto bolter squad.

Thanks brother! Yeah cant go wrong with red :) i find that the red tribal-marking etc really make a difference breaking up the White and creating diversity between squad members(if one wish to do so) Looking forward to see your progress!

Aren't the red lightnings company markings for White Scars? It's their heraldry. If possible I'd always add them (and they are very basic shapes so they should be possible for almost everyone). It's like painting shoulder trims for other chapters or blood drops on the right shoulder pad for Blood Angels. ;) 

Aren't the red lightnings company markings for White Scars? It's their heraldry. If possible I'd always add them (and they are very basic shapes so they should be possible for almost everyone). It's like painting shoulder trims for other chapters or blood drops on the right shoulder pad for Blood Angels. ;)

My undersstanding is that the markings is tribal-markings, markings of a certain brotherhood, and a brotherhood is roughly a company in other chapters.

During the heresy every other legion was built up by a lot of chapters, not the scars, they had brotherhoods, like the iron warriors had grand companies.

Aren't the red lightnings company markings for White Scars? It's their heraldry. If possible I'd always add them (and they are very basic shapes so they should be possible for almost everyone). It's like painting shoulder trims for other chapters or blood drops on the right shoulder pad for Blood Angels. :wink:

My undersstanding is that the markings is tribal-markings, markings of a certain brotherhood, and a brotherhood is roughly a company in other chapters.

During the heresy every other legion was built up by a lot of chapters, not the scars, they had brotherhoods, like the iron warriors had grand companies.

You made me check the Space Marine Codex. :D

They indeed are their form of company markings (and squad markings on the left kneepad).

yrQwcba.png

Don't ask me the difference between the 1st and 4th company markings though...

It depends where they are. Some I think are company markings, and some are squad markings. But I don't know about the facial flashes, and I think the arms can host some kind of personal heraldry flashes.

+EDIT+ oops that's what I get for not hitting 'post' for so long.

I guess there's only so much you can do with a zig zag to be fair. :)

Edited by Prot

It depends where they are. Some I think are company markings, and some are squad markings. But I don't know about the facial flashes, and I think the arms can host some kind of personal heraldry flashes.

+EDIT+ oops that's what I get for not hitting 'post' for so long.

I guess there's only so much you can do with a zig zag to be fair. :)

Face flashes is the markings of ritual scarring that every White scar does when initiated, but somewhere i read that its a ritual marking for long service or veteran-status