Brotherhood of the Shattered Moon. A White Scars plog.

Johanhgg

Just what I love to see on the white scars… lots of battle damage! Are you still using that panel liner technique?

glad to see you’re back at it.

Thanks alot mate! Yeah still using the trusted enamel oils and white spirits :smile.:

Thank you! Happy to be back! More to come!

Can we get some grimy filthy dreadnoughts?

Wow! I dumped a ton of likes on this thread, super cool, super inspirational. I’m loving your army!

Thank you very much! Really appreciate it!

Just what I love to see on the white scars… lots of battle damage! Are you still using that panel liner technique?

glad to see you’re back at it.

Thanks alot mate! Yeah still using the trusted enamel oils and white spirits :smile.:

Thank you! Happy to be back! More to come!

Can we get some grimy filthy dreadnoughts?

Yes ofc! Coming right up!

E80D7D56DB5E4E569AA8.jpeg

:)

Ebon keshig:

DBA5D1F11400474E8F00.jpeg

What?! Why do you do this....?!

Everytime I go back a project, like the Ultra's and decide to keep my nose to the grindstone, I see you do something like this which makes me want to drop it all and get back to making Scars!

So many questions/comments:

1. Is this all a recent Forgeworld purchase? That must be a fortune!

2. Do you use the Ebon Keshing for 40K? If so, how are they outfitted for 40K?\

3. Are those also Forgeworld Contemptors?

4. Are you still using that panel liner as a wash? Mineral spirits as a reducer?

I'm mostly using enamels on mine with some isopropyl, but I did just pick up a new AK grey enamel to try on my scars.

Great job as always.

What?! Why do you do this....?!

Everytime I go back a project, like the Ultra's and decide to keep my nose to the grindstone, I see you do something like this which makes me want to drop it all and get back to making Scars!

So many questions/comments:

1. Is this all a recent Forgeworld purchase? That must be a fortune!

2. Do you use the Ebon Keshing for 40K? If so, how are they outfitted for 40K?\

3. Are those also Forgeworld Contemptors?

4. Are you still using that panel liner as a wash? Mineral spirits as a reducer?

I'm mostly using enamels on mine with some isopropyl, but I did just pick up a new AK grey enamel to try on my scars.

Great job as always.

Keep us updated Prot on that AK interactive paint.

Johan: I’d love to hear any exploits from 40K 9th with your scars, especially use of primaris units as I start to plan out the rest of my army.

Sure! I have battled against death guard mostly as of late and my close combat oriented list fared poorly against the DG. Now I use a lot of assault type weapons and focus on mobility instead; hellblasters, suppressors and such with one CC-oriented unit that goes with the Khan.

Bikers I use but mainly for fluff reasons, the usually don’t manage much on the battlefield, too bad really!

• 3 weeks later...

Love these White Scars! Fantastic paint scheme. Thanks for your dedication to keep painting and posting so we can see it all :).

Thanks alot my bro :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where on earth did you find that blade and shield?

Hey man! Sorry for late reply! I bought them from popgoesthemonkey, really great!

I too would like to know that! Superb Bladeguard Veteran :)

⬆️

• 1 year later...

Hello again forum!

im back in another shape. Lots has happened which forced me away for a time. My parents passed away, a new child was born and a Russian hacker hacked my email-account so I couldn’t reset the password. 

I hope you guys are doing alright! I was kept away from the forum but has been painting as usual. My scars are still active and I have gathered a big world eaters 30k army and almost completed a 30k/40k night lords-army.

my recent white scars are the following:

B044AD5836F64661917B.jpeg
5FD13CBD860145A59208.jpeg
E6A4CCC87B6947E8B18B.jpeg
D11BE122B1E94854B1F9.jpeg
3061EAD652CD4873875E.jpeg

Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear about your parents and the hacker. Congratulations on the child.

I love the Terminators. The main thing that has kept me from wanting to collect White Scars is the clean white. You've made yours nice and gritty, though, while still being distinctly White Scars. And as much as I love the concept of the Ebon Keshig, I think they look great in white. :thumbsup: