What would we like to see in Kill Team expansions?

RipOffProductions

with the Rouge Trader boxset coming later this year and the FAQ saying it is "just one example of how this new game allows us to explore heretofore unrealised corners of the the 41st Millennium, not to mention the new factions and models available after launch...", I think everybody can get excited about the endless possibilities GW has going forward.

so, what does everybody hope to see in the future?

my whishlist at the moment is:

Deathworld Flora and Fauna: a "Catachan Jungle Fighters vs the Catachan Jungle" box would be awesome.

plastic reintroduction of the discontinued Imperial Guard regiments(this is more a general 40K wish, but Kill Team would be a great way to push the new kits; a kit that makes a 10 man squad with lots of weapon choices)

some sort of Drukhari unit, sense the only two unit types they've got right now are a bit lackluster.

Tau auxiliaries: this would be a great place to explore them, and possibly giving the ones we've already got new kits would also be nice.

and of course, there is a long list of other minor Xenos throughout 40K's history.

This quote from Atia about a year ago could hint towards T'au Auxilliary race Kill Teams ... or it doesn't. It's pretty vague after all. ^^

Let's say so much - you will be getting some new tau stuff that's not directly part of the t'au empire

A Tyranid hiveship killzone board like an updated new style version of old Advanced Space Crusade & Tyranid Attack with Tyranid ship vital organ terrain pieces, doors, redesigned versions of the classic grabber-slashers, mind-slavers (especially if designed from the artwork that GW thought to gruesome to use at the time) and of course Zoats.

Also, a Tyranid terrain set with new plastic versions of the OOP resin Tyranid terrain plus some digestion pools. (Hive Guard are meant to protect critical hive structures, it'd be good to have some new ones available for those who missed out on the resin, and I'd like some more).

Inquisition

The Rogue Trader rules will probably be suitable for this but If GW don't bring out an Inquisition team, they'll never get an update and a key key part of 40k lore will disappear from the table top completely.

Then a vehicle expansion. Really I just want GorkaMorka (the greatest game ever made) and Ork vehicles are perfect for this but apart from them it's trickier... You can't have Grav tanks flying around really, Marines and Guard only get "proper" tanks that wouldn't be suitable, Tyranids wouldn't get anything! Maybe some vague "scavenged vehicle" rule where each kill team can coble together / fix up a vehicle. Have generic rules and costs across the board for a few different vehicle types (all opened topped) and then let people go crazy with conversions that fit their theme?

It would certainly boost sales of those GSC vehicles at least.

Plastic Vostroyans (dress overcoats) with Mordian, Praetorian, Steel Legion and DKOK upgrade sprues (the dream).

Adeptus Arbites - a dual multi-part kit that could build either Adeptus Arbites + K9 Cyber Mastiff or Rogue Trader Ships-Guard + Doggo.

If FW could release some Tempestus Scions gun upgrade parts with different poses that would be cool.

XV-15 Stealth Suits (my favourite).

They need to remake all the Eldar aspect warriors as multi-part plastic kits.

The list is probably endless.

Inquisition

The Rogue Trader rules will probably be suitable for this but If GW don't bring out an Inquisition team, they'll never get an update and a key key part of 40k lore will disappear from the table top completely.

Then a vehicle expansion. Really I just want GorkaMorka (the greatest game ever made) and Ork vehicles are perfect for this but apart from them it's trickier... You can't have Grav tanks flying around really, Marines and Guard only get "proper" tanks that wouldn't be suitable, Tyranids wouldn't get anything! Maybe some vague "scavenged vehicle" rule where each kill team can coble together / fix up a vehicle. Have generic rules and costs across the board for a few different vehicle types (all opened topped) and then let people go crazy with conversions that fit their theme?

The theme for a new GorkaMorka could be that any Kill Teams in this game mode are actually stranded on an old abandoned Imperial desert world, currently cut off from their own factions, or maybe all of the factions each have a very minor "lost in space" style settlement on the planet. Then they can release a generic open-top standard vehicle construct with minor variations that people can modify for their own faction. Everyone has become feral / junkers / scavengers / survivalists.

We need a Battle for Iyanden expansion - all Craftworld scenery and an excuse for some plastic aspect warriors (the box could be just before they brought all the Wraiths out). Then some plastic Lictors could sneak in too :P

Inquisition

I think a vehicle expansion to Kill Team would be limited to bikes, jet bikes, and the smaller Tau battle suits; maybe with rules for the drivers/pilots surviving crashes/disembarking.

and maybe killer kans.

though part of be wonders if they'll add Terminators to the game by treating them like a vehicle, as that would enable a recreation the Space Hulk due to having facing rules and firing arcs

A team of dark angels fighting to capture a team of fallen and their supporters would be really cool 

that could be a nice "start a DA/Fallen army" box due to the fact that both sides use the same models, not unlike how the Betrayal at Calth or Burning of Prospero boxes are often used for building Horus Heresy armies.

and it could enable players who actually use the box for Kill Team rather then adding/starting a normal 40K army to actually assemble teams with mixed units, say the box has a 10 man tactical squad(split to give 5 to each), a heavy weapons team(5 guys split 3-2), and maybe some sort of hero/veteran unit to balance out that uneven split.

A team of dark angels fighting to capture a team of fallen and their supporters would be really cool 

that could be a nice "start a DA/Fallen army" box due to the fact that both sides use the same models, not unlike how the Betrayal at Calth or Burning of Prospero boxes are often used for building Horus Heresy armies.

and it could enable players who actually use the box for Kill Team rather then adding/starting a normal 40K army to actually assemble teams with mixed units, say the box has a 10 man tactical squad(split to give 5 to each), a heavy weapons team(5 guys split 3-2), and maybe some sort of hero/veteran unit to balance out that uneven split.

I totally agree with the contents idea, but was thinking more along the lines of all new sculpts. They already teased a big fallen plotline in the dark angels codex and this would be a really cool way to build hype and put out some new models for both factions, but especially the fallen

Deathworld Flora and Fauna: a "Catachan Jungle Fighters vs the Catachan Jungle" box would be awesome.

A Tyranid hiveship killzone board like an updated new style version of old Advanced Space Crusade & Tyranid Attack with Tyranid ship vital organ terrain pieces, doors, redesigned versions of the classic grabber-slashers, mind-slavers (especially if designed from the artwork that GW thought to gruesome to use at the time) and of course Zoats.

Also, a Tyranid terrain set with new plastic versions of the OOP resin Tyranid terrain plus some digestion pools. (Hive Guard are meant to protect critical hive structures, it'd be good to have some new ones available for those who missed out on the resin, and I'd like some more).

For the record, I think these are both great ideas, and because it seems like GW is now quite happy about printing game boards and terrain, surprisingly plausible.

One thing i would like to see would be the Custodes intelligence network.

The guys in gold don't seem to fit in killteam at the moment but one part of their background that intrigues me is the idea of Custodes giving up their position if they feel they are starting to get old and slow and going out into the wider imperium to run an spy network.

Other than a paragraph in the codex there is not much more on this that i know of, so in my head cannon it's like the judges in 2000AD going on the long walk where they trade in the iconic weapons and armour for something more discreet.

This is not a unit which would not really fit with the main Custodes army but if it's one or two spymasters and a bunch of their more human operatives it might fit better with the direction killteam seems to be going in and can avoid 2+ saves.

Inquisition, Arbites, Renegades.

And Assassinorum

I feel like assassins might be a little too powerful as a single model compared to whats available for most factions

If you are talking about an Execution Force, you're probably right.

A lone assassin against a whole kill team? That's the action I have in mind.

One thing i would like to see would be the Custodes intelligence network.

The guys in gold don't seem to fit in killteam at the moment but one part of their background that intrigues me is the idea of Custodes giving up their position if they feel they are starting to get old and slow and going out into the wider imperium to run an spy network.

Other than a paragraph in the codex there is not much more on this that i know of, so in my head cannon it's like the judges in 2000AD going on the long walk where they trade in the iconic weapons and armour for something more discreet.

This is not a unit which would not really fit with the main Custodes army but if it's one or two spymasters and a bunch of their more human operatives it might fit better with the direction killteam seems to be going in and can avoid 2+ saves.

That sounds like a variant on an Inquisitor. IMO, that would be perfect for Rogue Trader, assuming RT includes Inquisition.

Going from the Rogue Trader reveals, we know that Death Cult Assassins are 100% in the game. If they can throw in Crusaders and Arco-Flaggelents that’d be fun.

The Gladiator Pit Gangs from old Necromunda were cool, it might be fun to have modified cargo servitors like the ones that have been mutated in the RT box, but un-mutated crew too for the Imperials.

Special operatives would be one of my first wishes. So for a game, you could field a terminator, ogryn, GS magos or primus, slightly more powerful units for single games that aren't technically part of the team, but can be called upon if the need arises. Some sort of zone mortalis expansion would be really cool too. And like others have said, Inquisition. Just had a thought, if they do do Inquisition, then death watch and grey knights would make cool special operatives for the faction, and on the other side of the coin, an inquisitor would make a cool special operative for any of the imperial killteams, most notably, death watch and grey knights.

Inquisition wars - 2 (or maybe even 3) inquisitors of different ordos supported by their retinues fighting over some forbidden tome, trying to kill/protect some important vip, or something like that. Could contain all kinds models like arco flagellants, demon hosts, assasins, scribes/scholars, pariah, mercenaries, ... anything really.

Archived