I played KT game against the Orcs yesterday and had very different experience from what I have read here before. I had KT total of 6 modles that was barely struggling against the Orcs
- Watch Sgt, Boltgun+Maul, Leader
- Blackshield, Boltgun+PSword, Zealot
- Veteran Gunner, IHB, Heavy
- Veteran, Stalker Boltgun, Comm
- Veteran, Shotgun
- Veteran, Boltgun+Maul.
Orcs had (total of 13 models and 15 wounds)
- Boss Nob, Combi-weapon with Skorcha+Big Choppa, Leader
- Kommando, Slugga+Choppa, Scout
- Burna Spanner, Burna, Zealot
- Loota Spanner, Big Shoota, Comm
- Burna Boy, Custom Mega-blasta
- Loota, Deffgun
- Orc Boy, Slugga+Choppa
- Gretchin x5, Grot blasta.
Both players had building and three covering walls as terrain. We used 5 objectives one VP per objective at the end of the game. Both players started from the opposite corners so KT’s had to rush to get cover. My Sgt and Veteran with BG+Maul went to left fland and rest of the team rushed to right flank, Stalker took position from the middle (ground cover). During the game I was able to shoot with every model. On left Vet with Maul and on right Blackshield ended up fighting at close. In the end I managed to kill Orc Leader, Orc Boy and Gretching and make five flesh wounds to other models. One Orc was shaken. Orcs killed my Veteran Gunner and caused two flesh wounds to Vet with Shotgun and one to Vet with Maul. I kind of won because I controlled three objectives but this was just because Orc player forgot objective play. He instead focused on chasing my Veterans with his force knowing that there was absolutely no chance to stop the green tide crushing my force. And I agree with him; it is very easy for Orcs to take KT up to 20 models. So how in the Emperors name are you able to kill all this?
About my team and weapons. Leader, saved him too much and thus wasted using his Maul. Blackshiled, wasted his charge and then all his attacks missied. Next game I’ll change his Sword to Maul. I also think that with Maul Combat is better than Zealot. Veteran Gunner, played him too agressively because I tried to make use of that Heavy Flamer. Orcs fired him with two Lootas and Burna Spanner and used Dakka, Dakka, Dakka -strategem several times so he had no chance to survive. Next game I’ll make him Demolition and maybe join him with Comm’s Vet so that I can use DW re-roll strategem. Comm Vet, used him as a sniper so he mainly buffed himself. Did not do much damage, but silenced Orc Looga Deffgun by making him shaken. However to do that he had to move several times because Orc Loota had better range in his Deffgun. Shotgun Vet, was able to use his Shotgun only twice, but he managed to use D2 rounds causing one wound and one flesh wound to Burna Boy. After that he was injured with two flesh wounds and his shooting became useless. I think half range accuracy rules makes Shotgun practically useless. Vet with BG+Maul, tried to challenge Orc Commando but his rush with Leader was easily stopped by two Lootas. He ended up fighting with Commando but could not manage to make the kill. As a summary: I thought I just make two mini KT’s and rush against to Orcs but buy I was wrong with that strategy. Orcs were much stronger than in 40k and I think they have advantage because they can easily use 10 cheap models as meat shield/overwhelming green tide/objective campers/other disctraction you just have to react but cannot handle. Anyway after the game we made gentlemens agreement that the game was draw because all the errors we made in first two rounds.
Couple of questions:
- Can you use same strategem multiple times per turn (Dakka, Dakka, Dakka or our Only in death ....end)?
- Can you re-roll injury rolls (with CP’s)? Multiple times (with multiple CP’s)?
- Your comments/experiences on using Shotgun?
- Your comments/experiences on using Stalker?
- Does hit modifiers (cover, for example Burna shooting inside building via tiny window) affect to autohit weapons?
- Your comments/experiences using Reivers as gunners, I feel we desperately need that second wound in this game?
Thank’s in advance!