so the snipers weren't snipers but more tempests like units then with the hot shot?

Well, in my edition of "Sabat Martyr", the sniper rifles tend to get called hot shot lasguns, but also long las. Basically, they are described as a laser rifle with a long barrel, a scope, and as draining more energy per shot from the special power packs.

TBH, I'd just go with sniper rifles rules wise.

so the snipers weren't snipers but more tempests like units then with the hot shot?

Well, in my edition of "Sabat Martyr", the sniper rifles tend to get called hot shot lasguns, but also long las. Basically, they are described as a laser rifle with a long barrel, a scope, and as draining more energy per shot from the special power packs.

TBH, I'd just go with sniper rifles rules wise.

Agreed: the range of a sniper rifle fits the Tanith longlas much better than the short range of a MT hot-shot lasgun.

Hmm imao tanith are light infantry not armoured types like the volpone

So no chimera's in the army list then?

Afaik Tanith use vehicles called "cargo-8" for transport - some sort of 8 wheeled truck.

In "the fortress", Tauroxes are used at one point and I think the tanith is using chimera in another novel, but they're mostly on foot or in trucks.

Chrimeras are assigned to them by the munitorum when they are travelling from A to B (usually on dangerous routes/guard actions etc, otherwise usual cargo 8's are used to simply relocate the regiment), but the regiment themselves don't own their own. So you could happily have them in your list, but I'd paint them up/give them serial numbers etc as if they are munitorum owned rather than tanith.

Chrimeras are assigned to them by the munitorum when they are travelling from A to B (usually on dangerous routes/guard actions etc, otherwise usual cargo 8's are used to simply relocate the regiment), but the regiment themselves don't own their own. So you could happily have them in your list, but I'd paint them up/give them serial numbers etc as if they are munitorum owned rather than tanith.

I like this idea, would they still be painted in Tainth colours or Green like colours of Cadia???

I'd not go tanith... they could be a seperate tank/transport regiment (allowing you to have a disnictive look for the drivers/call signs on the tanks), or if not, then tanith drivers (or munitorum staff, still a different look if you wanted). I'd imagine minitorum property to either be camo green with serial numbers/bar codes on them, or a battleship grey finish (still with serial numbers/bar codes on). This is just my speculation btw, not read it or seen it done before I don't think.

Hmm imao tanith are light infantry not armoured types like the volpone

So no chimera's in the army list then?

Afaik Tanith use vehicles called "cargo-8" for transport - some sort of 8 wheeled truck.

In "the fortress", Tauroxes are used at one point and I think the tanith is using chimera in another novel, but they're mostly on foot or in trucks.

I'm reading sabbat martyr and the munitorum lends them grey chimeras, gaunt takes a ride on a salamander. For armour you could go with the mustard color of narmenians and use the iron fist from the transfers as regimental icon

YO I am gonna jump in, as I wanna make some sons of Tanith for the new KT, but idk how to make greenstuff cloaks, is my one issue. Are there any other kits with cloaks from GW besides Glade Guard? Idk if those would work, way, way too elfish.

YO I am gonna jump in, as I wanna make some sons of Tanith for the new KT, but idk how to make greenstuff cloaks, is my one issue. Are there any other kits with cloaks from GW besides Glade Guard? Idk if those would work, way, way too elfish.

I believe someone did a tutorial in the Resources topic

Archived