Allarus Terminator Question

So im thinking of doing a Terminator Captian conversion and thought about using an Allarus Terminator model. They look awesome and bulkier than GK termie (which i think are upgrades from other Terminator kits)

So there are a few questions I would like to ask before I go about purchasing, and hopefully you guys who do have the models can give me some form of enlightenment to my curiosities.

gallery_105646_14555_67994.jpg

So the parts that I circled red, I was curious would the model look right if I cut these parts and tossed regular terminator arm and power fist or would i have to go cataphractii style with the shoulder pads

the green and yellow are the possible cuts I would do if I wanted to replace the torso because I couldnt do the above, but from the looks of it, there wouldnt be much of the torso to hold onto if i were to cut at the green and i may have a shot if i cut at the yellow. but Im at a lost

So if you guys have any insight, if you dont mind sharing. I like the model, but didnt want it to look full custodes, but didnt mind it. If anything I just wanted the legs but the way GW made them and will go about finding the torso and working a combi melta and power fist melta on the model.

Removing the red circled bits will be fine as you intend to replace the arms entirely with Terminator versions so it won't be an issue. How it would look in relation to the Custodes torso I have no idea though.

This would be the best option as I think removing the torso to replace it entirely will require much more work. The way the legs go together there would make it a nuisance to swap a torso I'd reckon. Do you plan on using the back skirt type thing? It's not shown in your picture but it does have the butt part of the armour on it :P

If you want to de-Custodes it then I'd suggest removing some of the detail, then bling it up with more Astartes type gubbins. Removing the Custodes filigree on the legs would make a big difference in itself. Good luck!

Removing the red circled bits will be fine as you intend to replace the arms entirely with Terminator versions so it won't be an issue. How it would look in relation to the Custodes torso I have no idea though.

This would be the best option as I think removing the torso to replace it entirely will require much more work. The way the legs go together there would make it a nuisance to swap a torso I'd reckon. Do you plan on using the back skirt type thing? It's not shown in your picture but it does have the butt part of the armour on it :tongue.:

If you want to de-Custodes it then I'd suggest removing some of the detail, then bling it up with more Astartes type gubbins. Removing the Custodes filigree on the legs would make a big difference in itself. Good luck!

So I ran this concept with custodes legs and GK termie torsos, just needed to go a lil bigger for the captain or distinctive for the captain, so allarus was the next step. Did come across the idea of using a primaris chaplain giving the concept of fluff, but dont know how that would fair against terminator. But i getting off track. Ive used their capes with the current ones i worked on now. but im thinking of going with another cape. and yea i plan on removing a fair amount. But thank you for the input, the red option is what i wanted to go with and might prove to be cheaper than buying a primaris chaplain. So I thank you for this.

just some examples

gallery_105646_14362_222445.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_261915.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_272067.jpg

gallery_105646_14362_299210.jpg

Well, seems like this experiment turned out very well :thumbsup: You work quickly and they look great so nice work!

This is just with custodes legs and GK torso. Im revising my watch captain in terminator armor to match them. And thats why I thought about the allarus terminator armor or primaris chaplain model.

Archived