FW Model Sizes

betrayer41

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it.

This is stemming from a topic in the rumors thread.  So FW models are pretty all over the place in regards to size.  I know Khârn and the SW Termies are huge.  Alot of us on here can never look at squat marines again, so this made me think what other FW models are more or less already the same size ish ( or atleast bigger than normal marines) as primaris.

Like I said we know Khârn and the SW termies are huge. I don't collect any other armies from FW so I have little experience. 

Can anyone who collects say EC or NL comment on sizes of eidolon or Sevatar?

I just think it would be beneficial to know some of the other bigger models out there. Thanks!!!

I know the Kakophoni from the Emperor's Children are a bit bigger but I do not know about Eidolon.

A side note: I think the Sons of Horus Reavers and their Command marines are kind of on the smallish side.

I know the Kakophoni from the Emperor's Children are a bit bigger but I do not know about Eidolon.

A side note: I think the Sons of Horus Reavers and their Command marines are kind of on the smallish side.

Awesome Thanks!! This is the info im looking for, it makes things so much easier if I can work with existing models. I have a feeling EC are before WE so i will definitely be starting them

They're a fun lot. Hoping we can get more goodies again for the EC. I've had withdrawals ever since I had to shelve Traitor Legions for the CSM index when 8th came out.

I should mention Zardu Layak from the Word Bearers is a large guy and nicely detailed too.

Loken from the duel set is another big guy with his running pose.

Narik Dreygur and Autilon Skorr are also bigger than the usual marine but I do not believe they are close to primaris.

If I can remember I can post pictures of the few FW guys I have.

• 2 weeks later...

All character series and limited editions are big scale. All legs are large and proportioned and most have beefed up torsos.

From the kits I've had:

- All command units are small

- All resin mkiv is small

- SoH Reavers are indeed very small but well proportioned

- Palatine blades are a bit bigger but extremely well proportioned

- Ashen Circle all have long legs on par with character series but there's only three poses unfortunately

- Varagyr are taller than primaris

- Justaerin are average cataphractii size

Dang, I need to remember to take pics...

Well, I was hoping justaerin would be a bit bigger but I have plans to give the some height. Any info about a mini before a purchase is always nice.

Justaerin come with separate legs from torsos so it'd be super easy to add some space there. Cataphractii legs are already well proportioned so just adding 3mm in the abdomen would make Justaerin in scale with primaris, assuming terminator plate makes you hunch forward which is the only way the arms up there make sense anyway and my personal head canon.

Yeah, Brother Heinrich did a spacer between the torso and where it sits on the leg to give his BA terminators some extra height. He was using Justaerin torsos and Phoenix Guard legs if I remember correctly as a nice middle ground for artisan warriors of that Legion. I want to copy what he had done as after gluing the spacer to the legs and torso he just had to green stuff sculpt some armor onto the back to cover the gap. I definitely don't mind them leaning forward like some kind of beast. I think it would be more fitting given their larger, brute like figure.

Flint & Brother Heinrich's joint project. I cannot find where he post his tutorial (he also has a tutorial how he made power armor marines taller too) but if you look at post #212 you can see the terminators in question. Somewhere in this log he posted how he did it and that's what I will be doing for my future terminators. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys back with more questions! Does anyone know the size of the new AL praetors? I want to make an AL kill team and would like an excuse to buy models.....But not if theyre normal sized. Any feedback would be great!

Archived