Tau Auxilaries

Doghouse

With Kill Team coming out and with the exception of Gue'vesa what do you think would make an interesting fire warrior/path finder/breacher proxies in regards to alien races? I was thinking maybe lizard men or a humanoid feline species but was after some suggestions.

Well you could probably use Kroot for everything. With some stretch even Stealth Suits. However my hopes are on an actual Kroot Kill Team release eventually so I'll play around with regular T'au models for now. :P

Well with what's available that already hasn't been mentioned you could use Skaven, Beastmen, Skinks (usually overlooked over the Saurus), at least the medusa looking models of the daughters of Khaine, the eyeless fish elf guys, and possibly some of the plant people as conversion starting places with GW models. I can't really think of any good alien models from outside of GW that would fit in scale though. As far as rules go, you can probably pick any killteam faction and base Tau auxiliaries off of them. For instance, if I wanted to make Firewarriors who have been genetically enhanced to be bigger and stronger than standard FW (think Clan Elemental pilots being engineered to be bigger than Mechwarriors in Battletech) I might decide that running all scout SM might get me close enough for my buffed up FW models. Ideally I'd probably want to tinker with the rules to do things like drop the WS a point to get access to Pulse weapons instead of scout weapons, if my opponent lets me. Even without it though, I can still rationalize Bolters as being guns that fire Kroot rounds because the Ethereals are worried that the enhancements might breed enhanced ambitions. There is a lot that you can do and, who knows, KT might promote a community that tries to design and balance homebrew KT squad rules.

Archived