True Scale World Eaters - 33rd Planetary Assault Segment

Mekol

Hushrong - yeah its rather fun. Works really well along with one other pod since you can bring them at the same time to field and enjoy anti-infantry + anti-vehicle help in one flank.

Yeah i was using some random model as proxy but I am building one for the legion right now.

Edited by Mekol

Maybe one day when I get back into 40K I may have to pick up one of those termites. I loved reading the fluff about the early legion astartes using them.

Aside from the consul do you have anything else lined up or in mind for the XII? 

• 1 month later...

Time finally came to  do the last battle of Istvaan III. Think the scenario was the Death of Angels and Gods. Attacker had 25% more troops to spare and all loaylist units were stubborn. Luckily Markus did fail most of his morale checks anyway. We had a game roughly once a month and this one 10th battle. So roughly it took around a year to do. During that time had few extra games did not affect this. 

Remaining Loyalist were held in ruined building - ready to die. Meaby they could take out Angron - changes were slim but else could they do ? From both sides Crysos could hear the roaring thunder closing in.

Q8B4G5w.jpg

Traitors Deployed both ends of the table. Squad of sneakysneaky Tacticals ensure that i had to later dive Angron and unit..
Two Contemtor Cortus hold the left centre and try take down Laser Destroyer during the first turn.

ADrVROw.jpg

YpZYOaL.jpg

Massive Charge from the left flank opens the battle. Unit of brave tacticals hold the line.

TAMDHDF.jpg

Turn later Unit of Grave wardens join the papaparty to take care of the rest.

muvQvbx.jpg

Termite Delivers squad of Wronde Veterans to take out the Contemtor.
eXzgxbM.jpg

Next Turn same squad took some heavy fire from the Flamers and brought down the Bastion. Surviving Heavy Support unit flees and fails to take down a single enemy.

2r9kgfQ.jpg

On the other flank Spartan and Leviathan moved forward Combined fire from the monsters brought barely down the Surviving last  contemptor dreadnought.  Combined fire from Rapier Laser Destroyer, full squad of Tank Hunter Veterans AND charge from Grave Wardens barely makes a scratch. Losing only his puny Storm Cannon he survies to next turn....

WoUhOZT.jpg

For Angron to join the paapapaprtyyyy.... He started scenario with -1 wound from the previous game and manages to take one wound from terminator who finally bring down The Old Ancient. 
JDFFZMG.jpg

Surely i succeed on this charcge.........  The amount of damage squad took was massive - but with help of senior apotecharies was were not that bad after all.
cP4BMJL.jpg

Surely it just cant happen again ?......

2r9kgfQ.jpg

Praevian did a short duel with Contemtor and lost his robotBuddies to Heavy flamers.

bfUCuiK.jpg

Praevian barely survives from the squad of OPAs:cussHeavyFlamersFor:cussSakeTheyAreTought. With only one wound he rushes to the centre of the board

0Cwq2Nl.jpg

Combined charge from Surviving tacticals and Angron brings the end from to this game. Crysos Morturg failed all his psyhic test during the game.

icTfBz9.jpg

More Photos.
https://imgur.com/gallery/PXTG5GS

Edited by Mekol

• 10 months later...

JEEEZUZ.... its been long since i posted anything related to my loved World Eaters.

In Truth Raven Guard has take most of this years love and for a reason. But from time to time i do think it would be high time to repaint my World Eaters. They were my first truescale rpoejct and now when i look at them, i dont approve. I would do a lot better today.

World Eaters Wanna Go fast. I just fell in love with these heads and this came to mind with an instant.

gLCcuqv.jpg

DyBlivh.jpg

fkSvz8g.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...