Quick question - loci

old git

Just to be sure I'm getting this right as I haven't been playing daemons that long.

Do daemonic Heralds effectively get two loci? Each herald has it's own locus detailed in it's data entry but as a character they get whatever alignment bonus. Eg - a Khorne Bloodmaster (as that's what I'm playing) gives +1 strength to Khorne daemon units within 6" but also as a Khorne daemon character he gives rerolls to charges to Khorne daemon units. Does the locus in the data entry replace the general locus or do they get both?

Cheers in advance.

Good, that's how I've been playing it and as the only daemon player in my gaming group no-one else was sure. Have to say, I'm having great fun with Denizens of the Warp and 3d6 reroll charges from 9"away.

Further question:

If I have a Demon Detachment and a Thousand Sons Detachment, would a Herald's loci and aura affect a Thousand Sons Demon Prince?

The DP's aura specifically states it affects the demons and the DP has both the Tzeentch and Demon Keyword...

Inquiring minds want to know

It all depends on keywords. Does the locus state daemon CODEX faction or just daemons in general? Don't have my codex to hand...

Demon detachment to generate the loci [obviously the TS Prince won't generate], all Tzeentch Demon units within 6" benefit.

TS Prince has both Tzeentch and Demon keyword.

My inclination for this is yes.

Yes it works on TSons Princes as well. Everything that states DAEMON or TZEENTCH works cross faction like any other ability in the game.

The only exception to that are the Codex: Daemon Stratagems but that's because GW screwed up there by using the same keyword for the faction and for the unit type (hence the Errata).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it works on TSons Princes as well. Everything that states DAEMON or TZEENTCH works cross faction like any other ability in the game.

The only exception to that are the Codex: Daemon Stratagems but that's because GW screwed up there by using the same keyword for the faction and for the unit type (hence the Errata).

It works on daemon engines provided they share a Mark, some interesting synergy there

Aura abilities, like the Daemonic Loci, affect anything with the right keywords. A Tzeentch Herald's Locus affects a Codex: Thousand Sons Daemon Prince because it has the relevant keywords.

STRATAGEMS from the Chaos Daemons codex only affect things from the codex, or things that can be used by the codex, like the Forge World Daemons.

Aura abilities, like the Daemonic Loci, affect anything with the right keywords. A Tzeentch Herald's Locus affects a Codex: Thousand Sons Daemon Prince because it has the relevant keywords.

STRATAGEMS from the Chaos Daemons codex only affect things from the codex, or things that can be used by the codex, like the Forge World Daemons.

Correct because deepstriking a demon primarch crossed a line.

Correct because deepstriking a demon primarch crossed a line.
It wasn't deepstriking Mortarion or Magnus.

It was the fact that people used that stratagem on a Khorne Lord of Skulls or Greater Brass Scorpion.

Yeah. Choo-choo, all aboard the train with no brakes.

It was all of that plus the fact that GW simply screwed up with the Keywords. They meant to have a seperate keyword for the Daemon faction and a keyword to describe a daemonic unit but they derped and named it the same and only listed it as Faction Keyword ... which was fine until they got to the Daemon Codex and noticed they can't differentiate between the Codex units and other Codex daemons anymore.

It's really simple as that and now we have a weird special case ruling where the Daemon Codex Stratagems only work for Daemon units from the Daemon Codex.

It's really simple as that and now we have a weird special case ruling where the Daemon Codex Stratagems only work for Daemon units from the Daemon Codex.

Whereas chaos cultists for TS or DG can be brought back with the CSM strategem if there is a CSM detachment.

Archived