The Lords of Silence

Izlude

Does anyone know whether the Limited Edition also contains Wraight's short story "Endurance"...or other "extras"?

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

It comes with a foreword I think, and a short story, although I dunno if it’s Endurance or if it’ll be an exclusive one.

Does anyone know whether the Limited Edition also contains Wraight's short story "Endurance"...or other "extras"?

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

It comes with a foreword I think, and a short story, although I dunno if it’s Endurance or if it’ll be an exclusive one.

According to the White Dwarf, the Limited Edition contains a bonus short story titled 'Unification'.

I'm really on the fence about this one... I will read it, but not sure I can afford 100 dollar novels anymore. As much as I love Death Guard, this book is being released right around the Iax novel, and Plague Wars.... which I assume all tie together, and a few of these have limited versions.

I'm really on the fence about this one... I will read it, but not sure I can afford 100 dollar novels anymore. As much as I love Death Guard, this book is being released right around the Iax novel, and Plague Wars.... which I assume all tie together, and a few of these have limited versions.

I’m not sure this will tie in that much. It’s set at the same time and heads in the direction of Ultramar for the Plague War, but it’s pretty self contained.

I would definitely recommend it though. Even if you don’t get the limited one, the standard/ebook are out at the same time.

Oh I didn’t know the standard was out at the same time.

Out of curiosity is there a consistent enemy in this one or is it a collection of adversaries? As in Ultramarines? Or just Imperium? Is there much of the Primarchs?

Oh I didn’t know the standard was out at the same time.

Out of curiosity is there a consistent enemy in this one or is it a collection of adversaries? As in Ultramarines? Or just Imperium? Is there much of the Primarchs?

There’s not one consistent enemy, more a collection. There’s not a lot of the Primarchs, but what there is I really enjoyed.

I am surprised at the audio book so soon. Definitely going to consider that as I paint up some more DG.

P.S.

You've actually got me looking into Audible as a service to catch up on my BL audio books!

Edited by Prot

Bought it along slaves of darkness and ashes of prospero at the current Fest.

Chris never let me down before. Really eager to read it. But it has to wait until I've read SoD. ;)

Maybe this one might actually make me enjoy the DG. :O

I am surprised at the audio book so soon. Definitely going to consider that as I paint up some more DG.

P.S.

You've actually got me looking into Audible as a service to catch up on my BL audio books!

It's a good service, especially when you're in the US / using .com, where they have promotions coming up for Thanksgiving and the Holiday season etc. Lots of chances to get months at reduced prices and last year they had basically everything for a fiver. In other regions? Jack all, making me annoyed that I use a German account due to, well, having a German Kindle...

Just keep in mind you can refund and get your credit/money back if you end up hating a book for whatever reason. You're not stuck with a Battle for the Abyss unless you choose to be.

When does LoS take place? I realize the change to Nurgle is gradual, but does LoS take place before or after the DG are supposedly stuck in the warp and Mortarion makes the pact with Nurgle?

When does LoS take place? I realize the change to Nurgle is gradual, but does LoS take place before or after the DG are supposedly stuck in the warp and Mortarion makes the pact with Nurgle?

This is set during Dark Imperium.  Everyone is firmly Nurgle-rific.

Good news! It's actually getting an audiobook too, and Audible lists it as a preorder for Saturday

think all books that get a LE also get an audiobook, can't really think of one that had a LE but no audiobook recently

This is set during Dark Imperium.  Everyone is firmly Nurgle-rific.

Oh oops, I totally misunderstood the premise. Thanks!

Read some of this at Warhammer Fest, have to admit I didn't care for it and didn't pick up a copy.

Even though it's Wraight, it didn't do anything for me.

I expect Haley's Dark Imperium II and The Buried Dagger will feature plots and developments much more to my liking.

So far about a quarter in, this is very much about the DG and internal machinations aboard a single ship. I think if you're a DG/Nurgle fan...this is probably an amazing novel. As it is for me, I'm mostly just creeped out by the fact that Wraight came up with this...like, damn dude. Yuck. 

IMO it's not on the level of Carrion Throne and The Emperor's Legion because I'm not really a Nurgle or a DG fan. I'm reading it because Wraight's spinning an interesting tale. If I was into those factions, this might be on that high a level.

My special edition arrived this morning. It’s a beautiful book. They definitely have pulled off a really great ‘in world’ aesthetic here. The pages are designed so well, each one is frayed and burned at the edge, hopefully they still turn easily enough.

Will be a while before I get to it but the introduction I quickly read sounds great. I like that it’s not a plot advancer, a book focusing on small teams appeals to me far more than grand battles.