My Custodes: Journey to Heat 2

Hey everyone,

Heading to Warhammer World in September for Heat 2 of the GT, taking Custodes (mostly).

I've never been a competitive player, so this'll be a new experience for me, and I can't quite shake my rule of cool roots and take the fully competitive army of jetbikes + guard battery.

This picture shows what I'm working towards. Still a decent bike presence, and I feel that the Helverins should add some much needed long range punch. We're playing at 1750pts, so not quite the "tournament standard"

20180720 192304

But will it be enough?? Who knows, but hopefully we'll have some fun.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks pals!

I really like the different colours you have on your Custodes so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Helverins. Can we have some close ups of the Custodes? I really enjoyed my Warglaives they're great models to paint and I've only heard good things about Helverins so they should form a good ranged anchor. You're probably too light on numbers to be threatening for the top table but as mentioned who wants to turn up with the same list as everyone else? :P

I don’t think there’s anything terribly wrong with your list. The most common recommendation is going to be a CP farm because Custodes have amazing Strats. I can appreciate you’ve decided to take a different route.

My advice would be to play the army as much as you can. It can be challenging against certain builds. You’ll have to figure out the best ways of mitigating the army’s short comings.

I don't get nearly enough time to practice playing this game, looks like maybe the heat will be my first full games with the army... :ermm: doesn't bode well for how it'll go, but then I'm not there for that I'm there to have a good time...

We shall see if I can get a couple of games in before we go. Played a game at 75 pl the other day and won easily against Space Wolves... Those bikes cleaned up... 

Fair enough - if you can get some practice games in then all the better! Take some piks if you can, some mini batreps would also be nice. All helps make your models shine on the table top :D

I don't get nearly enough time to practice playing this game, looks like maybe the heat will be my first full games with the army... :ermm: doesn't bode well for how it'll go, but then I'm not there for that I'm there to have a good time...

We shall see if I can get a couple of games in before we go. Played a game at 75 pl the other day and won easily against Space Wolves... Those bikes cleaned up...

Any time you throw down against a very elite, assault heavy opponent, you should be licking your chops.

Conversely, every time you throw down against multi damage, massed shooting, like Tau , Astra ( often with Shield Captains), Eldar, you will have to fight cleverly to earn the moment when you charge into those backlines.

The other armies are going to be happy ( through ignorance or experience, the Emperor cares not) to meet you in the middle! It’s the cagey, shooty, and sometimes very Psychic heavy armies you’ll want to practice against.

As we move closer to Orks and Wolves coming out, this might not be prudent.....but I think Knights will be a real problem for a ‘classic’ or ‘fluffy’ Custodes army. Sometimes I wonder if the missile captain bike might be something we need to look at if the current trend continues.

Keep us posted!

Archived