[Paint Log] - Dex's Grey Knights

dex_911

Thanks fellas!

Bjorn - That's the actual flamer from the metal terminator kit. I reckon it looks quite nice!

I only thought i would do a few hours today...turns out I got into a groove and completed this handsome looking fellow:

McmHDgo.jpg?1

XVu4WBD.jpg?1

89ngtt4.jpg?1

Lighting seems a little dull in these..I will try and retake them and show an army photo to date soon.

Cheers!

Dex

that terminator Chaplain is pretty sweet. I think he honestly looks better in GK colors than standard black. 

Thanks mate!

The hammer is from the deathwatch kit. It's perfect because it's designed to be wielded in 2 hands nd it has those small inscriptions just like the grey knights have on their armour.

Can I ask, cos I’m looking at something similar,

Did you just use the DWhammer with the hands attached or did you swap the hammer head with a GK weapon? Wasn’t sure how well TDA and PA hands matched up. Do agree that that’s a much more intimidating hammer!

Brother Antio - I did the following:

1. Cut the head off the deathwatch hammer

2. Use the grey knight arms which are designed to hold a 2 handed helberd.

3. Cut off the pole arm of the helberd from either side of the terminator hands.

4. Use your left over bits from the shaft of the thunder hammer to fill the gaps. - If you mess up cutting the right size, don't worry, just use shaft from the demon hammer in the kit to re-cut. So you have 2 chances here :)

5. So essentially it's 3 pieces. Bottom shaft, middle shaft and the head of the hammer on top - and just line it all up.

6. I have said shaft and head too many times

• 3 months later...

Update time brothers!

It has been a while, but I have continued to work on the army!

Today's update is a special one. I have converted my own Grand Master of the 8th Brotherhood - Khyron. I stumbled across this interesting lore analysis about the possibility of the original grand master of the 8th being a night lord. I liked it so much I decided to make my own. I knew I wanted a menacing pose with a unique weapon fitting of night lord heritage. I originally tried bending the shaft of the helberd to make it look like those chain glaives the night lords used to use, but it looked weird. So I went with a double headed glaive instead. Looks menacing i think and it counts as a soul glaive in game.

QhyevtH.jpg?1

ReiSR5t.jpg?1

u27ixJt.jpg?1

XGPASlb.jpg?1

"And that was the last thing the daemon saw..."

Hope you guys like him!

Thank you for the kind words brothers! The army is almost finished. With the points drops in chapter approved I was able to add a few more units, so let's start with what I am working on at the moment:

QjWC9Fz.jpg?1

tclmPDR.jpg?1

0eTUvdJ.jpg?1

My second dreadknight has been assembled and is on his way to being painted. Of course I took what I learnt from my first converted dreadknight and upped it here to get even more movement out of the model. I hope you guys like him! I will post when he is finished and then give you an army shot!

Kudos for keeping the Dreadknights as they are instead of swapping parts to make them look like Dreadnoughts. And awesome pose too.

I understand they're not for everyone, but I prefer them "as GW made them". I think the concept is awesome, though I admit myself the execution is not spot on: you can see glimpse of what they're meant to be in a couple of illustrations of the old Grey Knights codex (V/VI edition), where they appear to be something more like the Centurion warsuits, with the terminator resting somewhat inside the exoskeleton rather than hanging on to it. If GW could redesign the Dreadknights now I'm sure the'd pull it off better thanks to the new techs available.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling… what was I saying? Oh yes -  nice posing! Can you give a few pointers on how you got to this result? :yes:

They are the possessed series of bases from Micro Art studio. Stay tuned guys, I am waiting for a new dreadknight base to arrive and I just finished painting up my champion as the final piece for this army. Photos soon!

tfw you can't use your MicroArtStudios bases anymore because they haven't updated their range with GWs new base sizes yet (like the 90mm round base for Redemptor Dreads). ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived